+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: XP Adjustments - ongoing over time!

Telaran

so, in other words, questing is still a waste of time?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    Ok..dumb question probably, lol.......but does "returned to Live rates" mean it was lowered, or bumped up?

Glad if the xp nudge effects everything generally, since we all like to play all (different) parts of the game
    It was rolled back, meaning Rifts/Invasions give the bad XP they did at the start of Prime, pre buff. They just didn't want to say it outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaksul View Post
    It was rolled back, meaning Rifts/Invasions give the bad XP they did at the start of Prime, pre buff. They just didn't want to say it outright.
    Oohhhh....ouchie.

I guess I'll hold out hope the general nudge helps...I'd rather be questing anyway. /crossesfingers

ps, editing to add..it has bugged me how to expain the "meh" feeling of doing stuff in game but not wanting to "whine" like many complain they're hearing. ..just feels like, I'm not getting anywhere and I'm killing the same stuff for a long time. I've said in other posts, I don't need to rush! BUT....I do want to feel I'm progressing..getting stronger, leveling to the next hub. Kinda feels like I'm spinning my wheels right now, that's all. Eventually there, yes..but feels progressive? Not so much.
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-14-2018 at 05:56 AM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Soulwalker

It is good to hear that exp is back up this I posted for this in general forum a post.

I just copy what I posted there cause I have a suggestion what might also a good idea. Exp boost on story quest (specificly this one) and crafting.

My former post
    "Prime is like a new start for Rift. Even though the beginning success was nice this might turn and it might turn fast.

Now xp from invasions are nerved as I heared and nobody does quest cause it is a grind. Which makes it problematic cause if the game becomes too much of a grind you loose what you should not loos players.

Please who have a problem with too much grind answer me here.

Yes certain grind must be but you need too keep the playerbase in a way happy. You know what the good thing is Trion? You can! You already have expansions out which with time you could upload and also this would lead to have players make alts (which exp boosts for second or third class alts)

My suggestion give more experience on the storyline quests so the people have an interesst to do them and with this the lore comes part of the community which makes us more engaged.

So if the stroyline experience gives much more exp that you go through the zone and with this do some rifts and kill quest and some other quests a bit on the side and hunting with rifts would be enough. this keeps players engaged. & I would make crafting also more exp rewarding - why? cause it gives player something to do (there one can grind but he will get money as reward witht time) and more people get engaged with inside economy.

But make everything a grind, will push players away with a bad experience and you will have lost them for good.

Community what is your opinion of do you have others suggestions.

& If someone flames me. I Don't have problem with the grind, I love doing all the quests and clearing a zone even if it takes me longer. But others might."

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    A general xp nudge upwards (not rocket boost, a nudge) is planned for tomorrow.
    It is perfectly.

Soulwalker

Out of curiousity, since you're all so vague about how much the increase actually is.. What happens to people that are already stuck grinding for experience again for the umpteenth time?

I'm alright with things taking some time, but honestly having to grind it out for half a day every couple of levels is a bit much. Currently stuck in such a rut again after finishing Scarlet Gorge and the majority of Iron PIne Peaks, but that only gained me 2.5 levels at most. 27.6 ish to 29. But that's very rough as I did do Rifts I ran into, some zone events and a dungeon.

Everything else since around level 23 has been because I spent an entire day doing PvP to get the mount and an entire day before that doing nothing but Rifts with a few quests that just brings me to a dead end after less than an hour again, either the monsters are too high a level or the quests are.

If that's going to be the full experience now (and possibly AGAIN once Storm Legion hits, which was already fairly grindy to begin with) I'm not sure if this server is really for me. I like the game, I have some fond memories of playing it at launch. But both my own videos and memory don't tell me it was ever this horrible to level up in. Will some people revel in the challenge? Sure, but I don't consider tedium a challenge. Just time I can spend on other games I do enjoy.

Luckily, I'm not quite at the point of quitting just yet, I'm still willing to grind it out and see what the patch brings. But it might be worth keeping in mind for those that say experience is fine.. This server's (and the experiment!) survival depends on the playerbase that sticks with it and its reception. If they already alienate people this early on, how long would it realistically last?

Don't get me wrong, not saying they need to nerf it to the ground and cal;l it a day. But finishing the quest achievement for a zone should not leave you 4 levels below the recommended level for the next zone if you also do events, rifts, dungeons and some PvP. Heck at that point you might be overlevelled under normal circumstances. If just doing the quests alone leaves you 1-1.5 levels below the next zone's recommended level then sure. I can sort of get that as they want you to do other things as well. But right now? It's just too much.

Soulwalker

Im really done with grinding at the moment.
    And i dont really mind the occasional grind. I do enjoy farming for resources for hours on ends at times.
    But the tedious nature of running from rift to rift with 20 other people just bashing keys when it really feels like your contribution dont matter at all is mind numbing and no fun at all.

During Silvermoon everything was fine. Now i finished Gloamwood at 24, thanks to alot of grinding. Then have to grind atleast 2 more levels before proceding to Scarlet Gorge.

Now im lvl 26 and feel like the 2k quests doesnt really matter at all. On top of that i hear that it gets even worse at higher levels.
    Say you need 450k xp to level. You get 2.5k per quest you kill 10 mobs for 250xp/mob. That brings each quest to 5k/quest. Meaning you need to complete 90 quests to gain 1 level.

Now tell me with a straight face you regard that as fun? Not to mention there isnt even anywhere near 90 quests to be had.

I do enjoy the dungeons and rifts aswell. And i understand that you might need to do a few of them to keep up with the curve. But having to spend entire levels just grinding them only so you can get to the next quest hub?
    Nah, im gonna log in now and then to do the occasional dungeon with friends. But i really dont feel like leveling any more until something is done with the xp rate.

Shadowlander

I have enjoyed the leveling process.
    I usually quest for a bit then try and hookup with a group doing Rifts.
    I did grind warfronts to have enough favor for the faster mount. Now I just do enough to get my daily charge done.
    I dont run dungeons. If I want someone to point out my habits and how bad I am Ill just ask my wife if she put on a few pounds.

I do think as the vast majority of players move into the higher levels the Rift team will need to adjust exp gain for new players coming in.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Panser View Post
    Im really done with grinding at the moment.
    And i dont really mind the occasional grind. I do enjoy farming for resources for hours on ends at times.
    But the tedious nature of running from rift to rift with 20 other people just bashing keys when it really feels like your contribution dont matter at all is mind numbing and no fun at all.

During Silvermoon everything was fine. Now i finished Gloamwood at 24, thanks to alot of grinding. Then have to grind atleast 2 more levels before proceding to Scarlet Gorge.

Now im lvl 26 and feel like the 2k quests doesnt really matter at all. On top of that i hear that it gets even worse at higher levels.
    Say you need 450k xp to level. You get 2.5k per quest you kill 10 mobs for 250xp/mob. That brings each quest to 5k/quest. Meaning you need to complete 90 quests to gain 1 level.

Now tell me with a straight face you regard that as fun? Not to mention there isnt even anywhere near 90 quests to be had.

I do enjoy the dungeons and rifts aswell. And i understand that you might need to do a few of them to keep up with the curve. But having to spend entire levels just grinding them only so you can get to the next quest hub?
    Nah, im gonna log in now and then to do the occasional dungeon with friends. But i really dont feel like leveling any more until something is done with the xp rate.
    This sums up my opinion very well. I am literally waiting for good changes today otherwise i can see myself not logging in....I am not being a crying idiot but i do not see the point in spending so much time for so little reward when their is basically better options for time invested for reward out there.

Soulwalker

I posted this idea under stuggestions (is on the top of general chat)

If you like my concept please go and like it or write a comment.
    Even if you don't like it please give your feedback.

My suggestion for the zone and exp.

1. Main storyquest and interesting quests that are fun (scotty). High exp.
    -> This connects people to the world getting to know the lore
    -> binds people together cause all doing it
    2. Higher exp for crafting
    -> builds an exonomy and keeps player spreading in the world therfore killing stuff - exp
    -> economy gives people reason to stay and exchange with each other
    3. High exp. for invesion if they are activated by many rifts opening - gives player incentive to buind together.

This should bust a player alread to 3/4 of exp in an area - it is fast done, the rest should be managable by dungeons, pvp or a bit or normal quests or grinding.

This would make one zone feel fun, you are nearly there then you know ok the last step is a bit of a grind but the first 3/4 of every zone is a short brezzes - keeps player happy but the constant stead grind will burn people out.

LIKE THIS:
    You start the zone you go to storyquests, you breeze through it, exp constant big flow, you kill stuff for crafting a bit and in short time reach 3/4 or 4/5 of the level of the zone you know now it gets a bit of grind, takes time but then you willl have a breeze in the next zone in the beginning. The last part can be really grindy but this would be then with the easy start in the next zone barable and you would have an feeling of achievement when you finished a zone
    Like the last bar of one zone or level cap (or the like the first bars are smaller then go bigger till the next cap) is long and a grind, you know that this will be the bit through but it gives you a feel of achievement when done and then it goes easier afterwards.

Evtl make the last two level grind then you nearly can do everything expect the last expert dungeons and raid and the exper crafting stuff but then you can do everythhing else.

This would then for the last part bring people to do more dungeon, pvp and rifts.

!!If you like this idea please do like only then we can give a feedback!!
    &
    !!! If you hate the idea please copy the post and write why!!!
    Last edited by Falstaf; 03-14-2018 at 07:46 AM.

I have no complaints with xp rate.

However, a decrease in invasion/foothold to prevent farming could be accomplished nonlinerally. (Forgive me if this is already happening).

Diminishing returns for grinding a specific element of the game (dungeons, rifts, footholds etc) would do the trick, and the code is cake once you have an idea of where to diminish based on a vision of overall comparative balance.

You could even adjust for content level and player level, to keep the xp return feel the same over time.

Thus, a player who jumps in to the invasion muddle to save Telara for, say, the first 40m, gets a bonus, and the player who is afk/grinding loses the boost after 40m, etc gets diminished xp. That's a simple example.

You could award a massive boost for killing the first 2 invasions thar day, too.... the combos are endless.

The flat xp cut signals to me that balance is adjusted by comparisons of very simple variables, and I sense that more attention could be made to keep the xp rates more dynamic relative to the character, rather than to a chart.

I'm loving Prime. Keep up the awesome work.
    Truck/Malivak Warrior/Mage Vigil <Clockwork Transmog Turtles>

Many Many Alts All classes Faeblight +
    Located in Colorado, not Central WI. Don't know how to change it .

Rift Disciple

i figure this is probably the right place to put that doing quests over level 30 is still a waste of time for the XP gained even after whatever buff was given to them in the latest patch. I am level 34 doing the final level 35 quests in scarwood reach, i left the quests for the last few days hoping that when the patch was put in questing would be viable again.

Each quest here gives around 2900xp. according to completionist addon there is 94 quests in the zone. to go from level 34 to level 35 it is 356k xp. That means that each quest is less than 1% of the xp required for my level level. for a zone that is supposed to go from level 28 to level 35 it is not even enough XP to go from level 34-35, i actually get more xp from killing 8 random mobs than i do from completing a quest.

I am not saying that levelling in the game is impossible atm, but more the levelling process has basically become go and grind dungeons for as much time as you can and kill mobs while waiting for a dungeon. even doing mentored dungeons like ROTF or Iron Tomb in my mid 30's is more worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    i figure this is probably the right place to put that doing quests over level 30 is still a waste of time for the XP gained even after whatever buff was given to them in the latest patch. I am level 34 doing the final level 35 quests in scarwood reach, i left the quests for the last few days hoping that when the patch was put in questing would be viable again.

Each quest here gives around 2900xp. according to completionist addon there is 94 quests in the zone. to go from level 34 to level 35 it is 356k xp. That means that each quest is less than 1% of the xp required for my level level. for a zone that is supposed to go from level 28 to level 35 it is not even enough XP to go from level 34-35, i actually get more xp from killing 8 random mobs than i do from completing a quest.

I am not saying that levelling in the game is impossible atm, but more the levelling process has basically become go and grind dungeons for as much time as you can and kill mobs while waiting for a dungeon. even doing mentored dungeons like ROTF or Iron Tomb in my mid 30's is more worthwhile.
    I believe that you need to include the XP you gain from killing the mobs or completing objectives for a quest in order to properly evaluate how much XP a quest gives you. While the turnin might be low, that is only one part of the XP equation for completing a quest. This is a part of the equation I often find is missing from these conversations.

XP has been dramatically increased across the board for Prime. I do believe that the XP penalties you get for killing a mob above or below your current level add to the problem. Depending on the severity, this makes doing higher level quests and killing higher level mobs less useful, and thus you end up with less XP than you should have gotten for completing everything in that quest. Something to look into now.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaf View Post
    Please who have a problem with too much grind answer me here.
    No. If you want the answers to your question, go ahead, do the work yourself and read all answers who are already had written. There are enough answers and it is an impertinence to demand, that all repeat their answers.

But you can already feel the answers if you want to login during main time. I had always 50 minutes to wait, but yesterday I could instant log in.

Personally. I am getting tired of farming trash in dungeons. I ACTUALLY enjoy questing but with how little experience you get out of it, I cant justify doing it.Questing and dungeons are my preferred method of leveling and I'm getting sick of them both. That being said, if I were 50....idk what I would really be doing right now anyway, nobody else is really there.
    Last edited by omgitslos; 03-15-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast