+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRIME: VIGIL – Challenges!

Lightbulb PRIME: VIGIL – Challenges!

What could make Prime even more challenging? Challenges!

The response to the opening of Vigil has been fantastic! After a successful launch, the RIFT team is proud to announce server-wide challenges for all players.

Month one is invented and presented by Producer Amanda “Amary” Fry… we will feature challenges by other Devs as we move along the timeline, and would love for YOU to suggest challenges in our official forum thread, too!

A note from Amary: “This first set of challenges is to inspire you to get out and explore Telara through several different activities – not just leveling! If you come across a zone event while you’re out there… you should definitely take that on, too!”

These challenges will run from March 7th (yep, already underway!) to 11:59 PM PT [UTC -8] April 7th, 2018.

In addition to the titles mentioned below, each challenge has a super secret reward for the winners, too!

CHALLENGES FOR FIRST MONTH OF PRIME: VIGIL

DUNGEON CRAWLER

Complete: Iron Tomb (Normal), Realm of the Fae (Normal), Deepstrike Mines (Normal), Darkening Deeps (Normal), Foul Cascade (Normal), King’s Breach (Normal)

5 “First Completed” winners, 5 “Complete Anytime” random winners:

The number of winners is set to 5, as we expect some dedicated groups to push progression together – it is entirely likely the “First Completed” will be won by a group of 5 finishing King’s Breach at the same time.

The “Complete Anytime” winners will be drawn randomly from all who completed the challenge. May the RNG be with you!

Prize: “Dungeon Crawler” title

SHINY HUNTER

Complete 25 artifact sets

The Sanctum/Meridian quest artifact set DOES toward this challenge – so that’s two easy ones to start off with!

Artifacts acquired through purchase/trade are considered valid acquisition.

3 “First Completed” winners, 3 “Complete Anytime” random winners:

Prize: “Shiny Hunter” title

SO CRAFTY

Level 1 original Crafting Profession to 300

Apothecary, Armorsmithing, Artificing, Outfitting, Runecrafting, Weaponsmithing, Dreamweaving

Survival is excluded from this challenge.

3 “First Completed” winners, 3 “Complete Anytime” random winners.

Prize: “So Crafty” title

HARVESTER

Level 1 original Gathering Profession to 300

Butchering, Mining, Foraging

Fishing is excluded from this challenge

3 “First Completed” winners, 3 “Complete Anytime” random winners.

Prize: “Resourceful” title

Rift Master

These sound actually pretty coo!

It's a shame "Solution Finder" (all puzzles completed) didn't award a unique title. I always wished it had for a shard first or first few. Still, it's pretty cool to offer titles for various events or accomplishments IMO.

Soulwalker

Nice! I would suggest the titles be given to everyone who completes the challenge (not sure if this is already the case), not just the first 3 or 5 completers and 3 or 5 random anytime completers, and give the super secret prizes (mounts?) as the more exclusive reward.

It's just a title, and the vast majority of players won't complete these as they are quite challenging to do in the first month. I would like a guaranteed reward if I decide to go out and and get 25 artifact sets or level a skill to 300 in a month rather than hoping I am fast or lucky enough to get a simple title.
    Last edited by Battleslash; 03-10-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Runecrafter 300 has already been done.. twice

Soulwalker

How do we know if we were the first 3? I did the crafting as well as a buddy yesterday, we didn;t get anything i'm assuming people beat us to it?

shard first for 300 crafting.. for me anyways
    the notification.. you were close after me, so a good chance you are top 3 too

Soulwalker

Default Rewarding rushing players?

So since the server had a good response your first idea is to reward players who rush through the content?

Soulwalker

Angry

Would be a lot more driving that every player who does the content gets the title, to show off once Prime is over on the live servers. Sure, have a special reward for the first "X" people but don't limit it to a total of 6 people per category, when by day 3 people are already done with it.

That's like announcing a prize drawing when the winners are already pre-selected.

Rift Disciple

IF there is monthly challenge I think there will be plenty of people with titles for then we all go back to live , and not all are for rushing, ( mostly the dungeon one I guess) other would require you to farm mats and stuff ? o:

Soulwalker

as one of the first, I agree the title shouldn't be top 3 I like exclusivity, but I just really liked the so crafty title, only reason i did it. I think the special goods we get for top 3 is more than enough.

Just a small piece of feedback from my side, I think it would be better that ALL players who reach the challenge milestones within the given time should be rewarded and not only the "nolifers" and "lottery winners".

Maybe the first/top players could get some prime credits in addition, but the titles & cosmetics should be awarded to all who reach it as a memory of their achievement.

Despite that, I think those challenges are a great idea!
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-10-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I made runecrafter 300 shard first 300 crafting at level 19

I do have a life, but when Brasse started talking about challenges on livestream, I figured I had to keep up my status as craft nerd.

So yes, I crafted over 2500 leather, leather boots and belts, farmed a lot of materials.. and made that 300 for 90% on crafting with soft and thin leather.

if you call that lottery /nolife, what do you call players making level 40 in 4 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I made runecrafter 300 shard first 300 crafting at level 19

I do have a life, but when Brasse started talking about challenges on livestream, I figured I had to keep up my status as craft nerd.

So yes, I crafted over 2500 leather, leather boots and belts, farmed a lot of materials.. and made that 300 for 90% on crafting with soft and thin leather.

if you call that lottery /nolife, what do you call players making level 40 in 4 days?
    I am not saying that it is bad to go crazy or that it shouldn't be rewarded. I am just saying that maybe a few hundred people are interested in participating and putting time and effort into achieving the milestones within the given time - but only a handful of people are rewarded. I'd rather see something like this:

All who achieve the milestone: Exclusive title
    3 fastest and 3 random: Random mount box
    3 fastest: 5000 credits

Then everyone feel a bit rewarded and can show their title and say "hey look, I went nuts when the first prime server launched" - a small and nice memory.

Why only make 6 people happy when you can make 500 people happy and 6 people super duper happy?
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Tawariell View Post
    So since the server had a good response your first idea is to reward players who rush through the content?
    I suspect there would be plenty of people rushing through these skills/content whether there was a reward or not. There are other incentives to level foraging/crafting skills, such as being able to make things for your character in advance of achieving the level for it, providing items for your guild, and making quick cash on the Auction House.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast