+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRIME: VIGIL – Challenges!

From first post... no
    but when they think it through, they may change some things.. we have posts in this thread with ideas on the matter.

SO CRAFTY

Level 1 original Crafting Profession to 300

Apothecary, Armorsmithing, Artificing, Outfitting, Runecrafting, Weaponsmithing, Dreamweaving

Survival is excluded from this challenge.

3 “First Completed” winners, 3 “Complete Anytime” random winners.

Prize: “So Crafty” title

HARVESTER

Level 1 original Gathering Profession to 300

Butchering, Mining, Foraging

Fishing is excluded from this challenge

3 “First Completed” winners, 3 “Complete Anytime” random winners.

Prize: “Resourceful” title

Smile Challenge awards Crafting and Gathering

For the Crafting and Gathering, it would be good to award/win the challenge, for the first 3 for each profession. None are easy, but It does take longer to lvl some professions than others, and this would award all those who worked their way hell ta leather through each profession ✨⛏🌲🌾🐃✨💍🥋🗡💎🏹💊✨
    I am a bit biased thou ^_^; I think I lvled up artificer ahead of all as pretty much every recipe, crafted item, daily crafting quests, guild crafting quests, were shard firsts. Even got some shard firsts on some of the Lumber and Mining dif metal bars.
    I agree with others that a separate title for everyone that has maxed a profession within this first month would also be good.

If you're going to add challenges to the game you should do it correctly. The first few to max a crafting profession, clear a dungeon, etc. A lot of people miss out this way.

Use the leaderboard system we have in place already. Have it wiped clean each week and do weekly challenges such as craft the most items for the week, kill the most bosses for the week, clear the most dungeons, collect the most artifacts, complete the most puzzles, eat the most food, etc etc.

This makes it fair for others that can't log on soon as a challenge goes up. As mentioned again and again in this thread, those that log on first will complete the challenges first. Meanwhile others that work or live in a different time zone miss out. This also eliminates the rng factor, and those that actually put in the effort get rewarded.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    If you're going to add challenges to the game you should do it correctly. The first few to max a crafting profession, clear a dungeon, etc. A lot of people miss out this way.

Use the leaderboard system we have in place already. Have it wiped clean each week and do weekly challenges such as craft the most items for the week, kill the most bosses for the week, clear the most dungeons, collect the most artifacts, complete the most puzzles, eat the most food, etc etc.

This makes it fair for others that can't log on soon as a challenge goes up. As mentioned again and again in this thread, those that log on first will complete the challenges first. Meanwhile others that work or live in a different time zone miss out. This also eliminates the rng factor, and those that actually put in the effort get rewarded.
    Challenges as currently designed seem only for a few no lifers and no one else. And not in a 'woo go them!' way, but a 'okay, we should ignore this because it is useless to us' way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Just a small piece of feedback from my side, I think it would be better that ALL players who reach the challenge milestones within the given time should be rewarded and not only the "nolifers" and "lottery winners".
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Challenges as currently designed seem only for a few no lifers and no one else. And not in a 'woo go them!' way, but a 'okay, we should ignore this because it is useless to us' way.
    So anyone who has more time or lots of time is a no-lifer? Please keep this a cordial discussion so they do not close this thread and this discussion.

I am disabled and Rift is what I do because I have so much time as I can not do much else let alone work. This makes me a no-lifer? No it makes me someone who has more time available to play the game. As a company, I do not see how Trion can change events, challenges, etc to cater to every player's schedule. Then we would have never ending events or everyone would just win because everyone has a different schedule. That is the reason they call these Challenges, they are meant to be challenging in the time, skill, and effort to complete them. If someone puts forth that and gets it done, then they should get something more than the ones who did not meet the Challenge as stated in that time limit. I am all for adding something different for those who meet the challenge but not in the timeframe stated ie as in not the first 3 or whatever. I just think the first how many ever should get what they stated in the Challenge.

It would be the same as giving all the Olympians a Gold Medal no matter how they placed. No Silver Medal winners here.
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 03-21-2018 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Added missing text.
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    So anyone who has more time or lots of time is a no-lifer? Please keep this a cordial discussion so they do not close this thread and this discussion.

I am disabled and Rift is what I do because I have so much time as I can not do much else let alone work. This makes me a no-lifer? No it makes me someone who has more time available to play the game. As a company, I do not see how Trion can change events, challenges, etc to cater to every player's schedule. Then we would have never ending events or everyone would just win because everyone has a different schedule. That is the reason they call these Challenges, they are meant to be challenging in the time, skill, and effort to complete them. If someone puts forth that and gets it done, then they should get something more than the ones who did not meet the Challenge as stated in that time limit. I am all for adding something different for those who meet the challenge but not in the timeframe stated ie as in not the first 3 or whatever. I just think the first how many ever should get what they stated in the Challenge.

It would be the same as giving all the Olympians a Gold Medal no matter how they placed. No Silver Medal winners here.
    Whatever makes you feel better about people who work, study, parent lacking access because they literally cannot spend the dozens of hours to complete these Challenges fast enough and therefore the announcement about them (and their rewards) ranges from neutral to annoying.

This aint the Olympics. In that case athleticism *is their job*. Is RIFT yours?
    Last edited by Maeloda; 03-21-2018 at 11:28 AM.

let's put it this way...

I would give up Rift within a sec, if that would mean I could and would have a job, a normal income. and good health.

300 mining @ level 14...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRIME: VIGIL – Challenges!-2018-03-23_160007.jpg  

Soulwalker

Yes, you have to no-life to be in the First 3, but the challenges are easily doable for the Anytime criteria in the month. I am very curious about April's challenges, it's going to be hard to come up with stuff people haven't done yet.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

We hope to serve two groups here:

Firsts, for the highly driven, hyper-competitive folks. That's one of the joys of a progression server for many.
    Anytime draw, for all those who play the game at a more normal pace. The challenges are not meant to be easy, for sure.

I've just posted the blog for the second challenge, which starts April 8th... we will continue to read and review all feedback on the challenges as we move forward, thank you so much!
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    We hope to serve two groups here:

Firsts, for the highly driven, hyper-competitive folks. That's one of the joys of a progression server for many.
    Anytime draw, for all those who play the game at a more normal pace. The challenges are not meant to be easy, for sure.

I've just posted the blog for the second challenge, which starts April 8th... we will continue to read and review all feedback on the challenges as we move forward, thank you so much!
    Brasse
    Any idea of when we will hear an announcement on the winners of the 1st challenges?
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

Shadowlander

Default 300 of for each profession?

Just wondering if the top 3 winners for the profession award will be fir each individual profession or just any of the professions? Lot of low level rogues got 300 mining in the first 3 days with stealth and sap is why I'm asking 😁

Watched the live stream...

@Amary

butchering/outfitter could never have been the first craft to 300..

it takes leather, same with armorsmithing.. and with that, takes a minimum level to obtain the mats... you have to kill high level mobs to be able to skin them..

A low level rogue with stealth can more easily farm metal and flowers to get the mats and skill levels than a level 25 can obtain soulhide.

runecrafting.. takes a bit but can be done on butcher/outfitter/ soft hide
    There is a reason I was around 5000 items crafted at level 19 when I reached 300 runecrafting

As for mining/foraging.. It can be done without stealth, that level 14 @300 mining/foraging... that's a mage.. no stealth there.

As for the time stamp on the 300 runecrafter.. the time stamp shown in the stream is not correct.

My time stamp in game is 3/9/2018, 7:52pm. NOT 3/10/2018. I finished within some 4 or 5 hrs after the livestream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRIME: VIGIL – Challenges!-2018-04-14_095911.jpg  

Default Claiming title.

I won one of the challenges. How do I receive my Title?

Harvester - Tinsanetium (Foraging)

Rift Disciple

So...who are the winners? If it is too difficult and time consuming to determine winners for these challenges then perhaps it is best not to bother hosting them. I would rather everyone on Prime be a "winner" with more time and effort spent on game play improvements such as class balance than contests geared toward a minority of players (that no one really cares about).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast