+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRIME: VIGIL Challenges!

Soulwalker

300 Weaponsmithing here at 6 am ish PST 3/11/2018 - not sure I made it though because I heard there were 5-6 runecrafters at 300 and that's definitely an easier trade to get to 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I am not saying that it is bad to go crazy or that it shouldn't be rewarded. I am just saying that maybe a few hundred people are interested in participating and putting time and effort into achieving the milestones within the given time - but only a handful of people are rewarded. I'd rather see something like this:

All who achieve the milestone: Exclusive title
    3 fastest and 3 random: Random mount box
    3 fastest: 5000 credits

Then everyone feel a bit rewarded and can show their title and say "hey look, I went nuts when the first prime server launched" - a small and nice memory.

Why only make 6 people happy when you can make 500 people happy and 6 people super duper happy?
    Oh I completely agree. I don't understand the level of exclusivity they chose. Hopefully they change it to.. well, pretty much what you have here. Maybe even more generous.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 03-11-2018 at 04:09 PM.

runecrafter 300 3/9/2018, 7:52 pm

would've made it without the contest anyways. And several shard first on the trainer recipes..

Guildmate ended maybe 1 or 2hrs after me at 300.

As for easy or not.. crafting 2500 items to break for those last 20-30 points..

I do say butchering had the disadvantage.. as well as armorsmithing and outfitter.
    Those skills need the leather and you need the level + butchering to kill/farm the higher level hides.

foraging and mining can be done at level 15 with some effort, since you don't need to kill for that.

apothecary, weaponsmithing and artificer depend on the gathering efforts..

so it all depends on the craft you try to level.
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-13-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    runecrafter 300 3/9/2018, 7:52 pm

would've made it without the contest anyways. And several shard first on the trainer recipes..

Guildmate ended maybe 1 or 2hrs after me at 300.

As for easy or not.. crafting 2500 items to break for those last 20-30 points..

I do say butchering had the disadvantage.. as well as armorsmithing and outfitter.
    Those skills need the leather and you need the level + butchering to kill/farm the higher level hides.

foraging and mining can be done at level 15 with some effort, since you don't need to kill for that.

apothecary, weaponsmithing and artificer depend on the gathering efforts..

so it all depends on the craft you try to level.

Do you know of any other 300 crafters? I have one friend with 300 mining, and I know one other crafter that got 300 weaponsmithing after I did.

I'd agree that anything that requires you to kill higher leveled monsters is obviously not good for powerleveling at the moment when everyone is such a low level.

I know about myself and my guildmate..

Seeing your 3/11 6am, that's some 36 hrs later than my 300.

I'll take a guess others made 300 in between as well.

What I'd like to see from Trion is they just add some titles, based on the specific crafts..

Each different skill 3 first, 3 random for the title.
    And the draw with rewards (if any) for each separate skill.

That way more people will have a chance at it, no matter the craft they chose.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I know about myself and my guildmate..

Seeing your 3/11 6am, that's some 36 hrs later than my 300.

I'll take a guess others made 300 in between as well.

What I'd like to see from Trion is they just add some titles, based on the specific crafts..

Each different skill 3 first, 3 random for the title.
    And the draw with rewards (if any) for each separate skill.

That way more people will have a chance at it, no matter the craft they chose.
    That would've been decent too - although not completely sure I agree. I think I like them being all tied into one, and it makes competition more competitive, not to mention the titles much more rare.

Then again, there are definitely more efficient strategies to getting a craft to 300 this way - and Runecrafting is almost surely the one you'd have wanted to go for if you were trying to place in the top three. I'd almost have said that since Runecrafting is a bit different from all the others, in terms of not necessarily needing materials - it should've been excluded.

and yeah, wasn't really expecting to place third ~36 hours later - but it would be neat if I did!

If you put the time and effort in it, you can get out of tutorial with 2 stacks of burlap, level 10, some gear to runebreak and around 30 gold.

That gives you a start at training runecrafter, outfitter... and take butcher.
    Kill level 8 animals at the start, gather the soft hides.. craft boots, do 1 workorder, get leather belt recipe.

vendor the runes you make, if you keep your crafting mats low cost, like the soft hide/leather, you can skill up runecrafting fairly cost-neutral for the mats.

yes, it takes a lot of time, especially when your skill goes up and the mats needed are bigger than the mats from the soft leather items.
    for example, crafting one rune @skill 240 takes around 60 soft leather boots/belts. You can use the workorders to skill up, turn the workorders in and get some rune mats in return.

This way, a level 10 can skill runecrafting to 300. Of course, a portal run to unlock all the portals for workorders is needed, locking to a more expensive portal can be a wise choice, since portalling to meridian/sanctum is free.
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-13-2018 at 01:00 PM.

I myself fully support rewarding someone who puts forth extra effort and passion to complete a challenge within the guidelines with a minor exclusive reward such as a title. This is not something that gives the player any type of game advantage.

I also fully support that for the monthly challenges maybe Trion could do something to the extent of this:

Example

Challenge - Collect 10 artifact sets.

First 3 complete - Title (Quick Shine) {yes you may steal my idea}
    Next 3 complete - Title (Slow Shine)
    Every one else completed within that month - random box - cosmetic, title, etc. or just a random - cosmetic, title, etc. or just a random.

End example
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

Plane Walker

@dev I see dreamweaver listed in here. That was not one of the originals but okay.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    @dev I see dreamweaver listed in here. That was not one of the originals but okay.
    They said originals + Dreamweaver during the livestream.

Completed 29 artifact collections am I first? : )

Quote Originally Posted by psii View Post
    Completed 29 artifact collections am I first? : )
    I have over 80. I have no idea how fast I got to 25 or how challenges are awarded though.

My signature isn't centered.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flossil View Post
    I have over 80. I have no idea how fast I got to 25 or how challenges are awarded though.
    80 - Dang, nice lol. I know someone had 25 on the 11th - so if you think you had over 25 four days ago you probably beat him.
    Last edited by Stoli; 03-15-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Not shard first, but I do wonder if anybody made this at lower level

Is this resourceful enough for the title ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRIME: VIGIL  Challenges!-2018-03-17_225650.jpg  

Smile Crafting

Hi
    Does the crafting challenge include the first 3 for each profession? e.g. First 3 for apothecary, first 3 for artificer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast