+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: We're gonna need a bigger boat!?!!?

Soulwalker

Thumbs down return my money pls

I paid good money for prime and guess what nothing pls refund what was paid on good faith,

[BrasseEdit: If you wish to discuss refunds, please submit a ticket to CS via support.trionworlds.com]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 03-07-2018 at 02:47 PM.

TDH
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Renfy View Post
    I paid good money for prime and guess what nothing pls refund what was paid on good faith,
    You should send them a sternly worded email. I recommend starting it with either 'Dear Sir or Madam; or if you're feeling especially plucky, 'To Whom It May Concern'.

I'm thinking I should have waited a couple days to try to play Prime and start patron. I realize that on the first day many things can happen....sigh. Its all good though, glad the team is on it!! As long as I get in some time tonight, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 03-07-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Shadowlander

so you havent been able to play for 4 out of 720 hours and you want your money back?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Looks like we have to delete the affected characters to resolve the issue. Thank heaven it's only day 1 and we're only a few hours in. Will report back if I glean more info.
    Brasse
    Does that mean just characters that used the boosts, or all characters who were given items?

Man all of the crybabies get tiring. It's like they've never played during an MMO launch or a new server launch in the past. Or a F2P launch. Or a big patch day launch. Or really any MMO for any period of time ever.

Soulwalker

What is wrong with you....Stop smashing your face in your keyboard and take a hot soothing bath...then go purchase a grip

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Donamir View Post
    What is wrong with you....Stop smashing your face in your keyboard and take a hot soothing bath...then go purchase a grip
    ... then go purchase a grip. loved that, made me laugh

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Myrosan View Post
    so you havent been able to play for 4 out of 720 hours and you want your money back?
    You mean 1 out of three hours.

Still, things like this can leave a bad taste in peoples mouths and drive people that were willing to give the game another shot away for good. Hope that isn't what happens but people rightfully expect a lot more from a relaunch, or server launch then they do when the game first comes out.

I'm still stoked. Day 1 of any MMO release there will be problems. Even if it's just a new server, let alone a prog server.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Ok folks, let's try to stay solid here.

SERVER OPENING UP.

Characters who hit level ten triggered an entitlement and their mail filled up with live stuff. As you know, for an established character that includes boosts, mounts, wardrobe items, expansion goodies... es no bueno for the Prime server.

We have had to delete all characters that received items not appropriate for Prime. They will all be granted 15 days of Patron as compensation, and our apology; we are sorry that we could not have planned for this bug.

We are going to continue investigating what to do about the various server firsts and achievements, and credit item purchases remain off. Will definitely let you know when any additional steps are taken

Thank you for your patience on this first day.
    Let's head back in and play!
    Brasse

Soulwalker

Default That's not what I call professional

1. Statement from Trion "We're looking at early numbers and we want to let you all know that there MAY be a queue in place at launch." on launch day does not sound like this is planned very well and the server is sized according to the players that registered for Prime.

2. After about just 2 hours of uptime, a server announcement came in "In order to fix certain issues with characters, the server will be down soon."
    1 second later, the server was off. Bam. No warning in advance, no information about the duration of downtime.
    Being treated like this pisses me off quite a bit.

Soulwalker

Default character deleted

My character got deleted altho i didnt open any of the mails with the items.....
    Couldnt you just remove the mail?!

True, although this is actually more downtime than I suffered from the original launch LOL

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

I agree with you guys, seriously if you ever experienced a big launch like this in any game, you will surely know that problems can occur.I honestly (no offence Trion), thought it would be worse than this..so props to the team.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast