• 1 Post By Jessarah
  • 1 Post By DmgIncGM
  • 1 Post By omgitslos
  • 1 Post By Kromede
  • 1 Post By Kromede

Thread: Question about scaling

Soulwalker

Default Question about scaling

Why is it that at level 64 when I go back to the 62 cap zone I lose dps compared to when I was level 62 playing there? I am seeing 200 - 300 loss in damage.

Why are we even scaling a mere 10 levels anyhow?

Also, the mobs seem a bit too buffed. I'm not suggesting we can one shot these but good grief, can we at least tone it down a bit so we can stay awake for it? This is a boring slog.

Check the dev tracker. They are working on it.

Edit: The automentoring anyhow. The Prime buff to mob health is not going to budge sadly.
    Last edited by Valavus; 10-06-2018 at 07:11 AM.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Jessarah View Post
    Also, the mobs seem a bit too buffed. I'm not suggesting we can one shot these but good grief, can we at least tone it down a bit so we can stay awake for it? This is a boring slog.
    I have to agree with this assessment. I was wondering why it was taking so long for me to kill mobs in Cape Jule/Pelladane. The mobs in Ember Isle tend to have 21k hp and the ones in Cape Jule/Pelladane are generally 34k. That is a fairly substantial increase. There is an increase on Live as well but it is not as great. Cape Jule/Pelladane mobs on Live are around 22k hp. I know mobs on Prime are supposed to have more but I'm unsure of how much more.

Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing a lot of people that seem to be leveling primarily in dungeons, some of them old ones like AP and CC. I have also tried to do some zone events in places like City Core and Eastern Holdings but I was unable to find any others doing them. If the difficulty level is fine for the majority I will bow out but right now I hope it can be adjusted as I have really enjoyed my Prime experience so far. Whatever is decided I would like to thank everyone who has worked hard on this project.

It is flat out unpleasant...
    Respawn points with no soul healer… oh yeah EVERYWHERE in SL is compounding the (unfun) trolled feeling...

Please do something about this...

Last edited by Jool; 10-06-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Soulwalker

Thank you for the reply Valavus, I appreciate the information.

The mobs in Eastern Holdings. On live they are x2 the hp of the player, x3 on Prime. I feel that they hit quite a bit harder as well. Right now I'm leveling a mage as mainly MA, it survives a beating quite well, I can't imagine how bad a melee with no healing might be.

It's too bad that dungeon spamming is the best way to go. In our guild we have some folks who have never seen this expansion and want to quest to do the story. It's truly not optimal to do so.

I am not having troubles with at level mobs. The auto mentoring needs a tweak though as if I go back to complete things or do a zone event it is worse then hitting a orange difficulty mob. This is making zone events sparsely populated.

I noticed the non healer re spawn points too. It least I have a medic I can call upon

Default Define

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    I am not having troubles with at level mobs. The auto mentoring needs a tweak though as if I go back to complete things or do a zone event it is worse then hitting a orange difficulty mob. This is making zone events sparsely populated.

I noticed the non healer re spawn points too. It least I have a medic I can call upon
    I don't think most of us are 'having problems'... it just takes 20-30 seconds to kill each mob. If you're doing it in significantly less... I'd be interested to know what class/build.

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    I don't think most of us are 'having problems'... it just takes 20-30 seconds to kill each mob. If you're doing it in significantly less... I'd be interested to know what class/build.
    Prime seems to be the “you need to level as the leveling build or you’ll get wrecked” variety.

I’ve seen some say now after the patch they are seeing some weird things going on with scaling and mentoring. As mentor it’s way easier to kill things when not mentored even at 1 level down, or losing stats when going up levels while mentored in lower zones. Storm breaker protocol robots are apparently still broken. I haven’t seen these in my experience but doesn’t mean something still isn’t wrong.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

it is weird, i posted this in the rift discord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcmL_fdJ6go

atm i stopped playing because of this, only login for the rewards and the nice mount

Quote Originally Posted by Kromede View Post
    it is weird, i posted this in the rift discord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcmL_fdJ6go

atm i stopped playing because of this, only login for the rewards and the nice mount
    Seems like a silly reason to completely stop playing.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Quote Originally Posted by omgitslos View Post
    Seems like a silly reason to completely stop playing.
    silly for you not for me. i love my rogue. i want to play assassin. i cant play assassin on prime. since the begin of prime. thats silly. from all the possibilitys a rogue has only sab and heal was viable, to me. oh hell even ranger/sab was a good spec. come on, THATS silly.

+ Reply to Thread