• 1 Post By ATFMorgan
  • 1 Post By Kehild
  • 3 Post By angelgress
  • 1 Post By ATFMorgan
  • 2 Post By Falinleaf
  • 2 Post By aileen

Thread: General Questions.

Default General Questions.

Just like the title says, ya' boi here has a few questions regarding content release, tuning, and class balances.

1, I have lurked everywhere, there has been zero information about content release, i subscribed to this game as it was labeled as fast paced progression, yet there isn't a road map, or even a simple layout of events and ETA time lines, any update on these?

2, Tuning, i guess this ties in with class balancing. Where is the talk about fixing classes, or tuning certain roles to be more efficient in a raid or PvE/PvP environment? Being a Cleric, and having my healing soles and DPS souls being **** is awesome. Don't get me wrong, Defiler is pretty OP, but what about shaman, or inquisitor? Then again nothing with Rogue is viable unless it is mixed in with Saboteur.

I'm just looking for some consistency within the player and dev talk, think most of us would appreciate the thorough updates weekly, if not daily about classes being worked on, content releases and what you guys' are planning on implementing. I hate being in the shadows.

Also i am terrible, this is a #fact. Thanks!

I forgot how to even play.
    Isadorable.
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by ATFMorgan View Post
    Just like the title says, ya' boi here has a few questions regarding content release, tuning, and class balances.

1, I have lurked everywhere, there has been zero information about content release, i subscribed to this game as it was labeled as fast paced progression, yet there isn't a road map, or even a simple layout of events and ETA time lines, any update on these?

2, Tuning, i guess this ties in with class balancing. Where is the talk about fixing classes, or tuning certain roles to be more efficient in a raid or PvE/PvP environment? Being a Cleric, and having my healing soles and DPS souls being **** is awesome. Don't get me wrong, Defiler is pretty OP, but what about shaman, or inquisitor? Then again nothing with Rogue is viable unless it is mixed in with Saboteur.

I'm just looking for some consistency within the player and dev talk, think most of us would appreciate the thorough updates weekly, if not daily about classes being worked on, content releases and what you guys' are planning on implementing. I hate being in the shadows.

Also i am terrible, this is a #fact. Thanks!
    I know how you feel and understand your frustrations specially when each livestream is like producers making more conflicted statements with previous one.

We getting empty promises but mostly nothing will happen in short period, at best we will get Ember Isle on july, River of Souls will be transitioned into T2 raid because of original Level 50 HK overwritten as Level 65 instead of making seperate / intrepid version of it, which we believe will be either coming with Ember Isle or in like august because of undisclosed person who was working on content recently left the team but all rumours and other stuff pointing it was Icarus but still that's still just a rumour. If you don't know who is Icarus, he was raid lead for 4.x content and was like tuning GSB for prime, still this is a rumour.

Communication is going worse each day every day, we ask for communication but mostly silent state is going on, in last 5 months we got 8 hosted streams which means staff not appearing for whats going on, what are plans, what is current state etc but thinking people watch this streams for giveaways, sad thing is those hosted stream mostly boring and joke.

Other than that there is around 300 players on prime and around 100 to 120 of them are level 50 guys who is doing content but each day at least 2 of them leaving game because of the reasons like; lack of content, lack of players, too much RNG on personal loot etc.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I know how you feel and understand your frustrations specially when each livestream is like producers making more conflicted statements with previous one.

We getting empty promises but mostly nothing will happen in short period, at best we will get Ember Isle on july, River of Souls will be transitioned into T2 raid because of original Level 50 HK overwritten as Level 65 instead of making seperate / intrepid version of it, which we believe will be either coming with Ember Isle or in like august because of undisclosed person who was working on content recently left the team but all rumours and other stuff pointing it was Icarus but still that's still just a rumour. If you don't know who is Icarus, he was raid lead for 4.x content and was like tuning GSB for prime, still this is a rumour.

Communication is going worse each day every day, we ask for communication but mostly silent state is going on, in last 5 months we got 8 hosted streams which means staff not appearing for whats going on, what are plans, what is current state etc but thinking people watch this streams for giveaways, sad thing is those hosted stream mostly boring and joke.

Other than that there is around 300 players on prime and around 100 to 120 of them are level 50 guys who is doing content but each day at least 2 of them leaving game because of the reasons like; lack of content, lack of players, too much RNG on personal loot etc.
    I can agree with every single thing you have typed. The Developer and Consumer relationship should always be in good order, to ensure proper information regarding content release, testing, and general timelines are widespread. I get that this is their game, and their vision of what they want, and they can do whatever they want, but if they listen to players more, they'd have a more healthier game. Who also enjoys seeing things they want implemented, vs, seeing things they don't want implemented. The RNG on loot, is atrocious.

Isadorable.
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Shadowlander

Are there really so few people playing Prime?
    I mean I know the population is not high, but that low? After having so many people the month after launch?

Shadowlander

Yes, It is pretty bad now. Most of my first guild left when GSB was delayed the 3rd time. My 2nd guild lost too many people to boredom/lack of content/lack of communication/Bless last week. We couldn't raid due to lack of people, so the GF and I started playing Empyrion. it's a shame because we both love Rift and have 3 characters, but once you've run GSB enough to get geared, there is nothing to do. Because there is no timeline, and we're already behind the original "1-year" goal, it doesn't feel like we'll have the population to do most of the content if/when it is released.

Guilds are merging to try and survive, but we've already lost too many.

They are starting the tuning with the most important thing holding this game back: The Cash Shop.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    They are starting the tuning with the most important thing holding this game back: The Cash Shop.
    Anything to rake in money. What a ****ing joke.

Isadorable.
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Soulwalker

Posting Again because previous comment was deleted. The Lack of communication is brutal. With no clearly communicated intentions for the game Considering any bit of timeline they originally had is way off by now. Raids are being released at a slower pace then back in 2011. Synergy Crystals are still broken and many of them are useless. Warriors Have Reaver and Warlord Souls which used to be tank souls and now are DPS. Both Crystals give you that much needed endurance. Still no crystals for healing too and we are 14 hotfixes in. I can't see it being that hard to edit a few values on existing items... But It's alright everyone We have new items in the cashshop that must be bought with prime credits. . Not a Single word from a devs about anything. All anyone wants is a realistic roadmap of some sort. But we can't even be given that.

I was hoping with prime it would be a step away from the cash shop madness but clearly We should all know where Trion's priorities stand at this point. (IE: Every other trion game)
    Last edited by Falinleaf; 06-14-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Genuinely curious - where are you coming up with these numbers?
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    Genuinely curious - where are you coming up with these numbers?
    You can find this numbers easily by using search feature on social. You can just search all levels by setting min and max levels as same, like other day there was only 4 level 12 players were online, I did this and filtered every player on from 1 to 50 levels, while max amount of players you can filter on 1 time is 30, i never reached that amount for any level below 50 and for level 50, I filtered onlines for each class and sadly none of the classes got that amount.

So I did search on different times like prime time for each region (AU / EU / NA) which is around 7 to 8 hours difference for each region amount of onlines never went up, i even filtered people who were afk on whole time and got around 100 to 120ish active level 50s on game for that time.

This amount lowered even more, our guild Contend has around 400 players and 70% of it is level 50s each day amount of online 50s decreasing same goes for other guilds, most GSB runs now pug runs and not many guilds left to play.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

You can find this numbers easily by using search feature on social. You can just search all levels by setting min and max levels as same, like other day there was only 4 level 12 players were online, I did this and filtered every player on from 1 to 50 levels, while max amount of players you can filter on 1 time is 30, i never reached that amount for any level below 50 and for level 50, I filtered onlines for each class and sadly none of the classes got that amount.

So I did search on different times like prime time for each region (AU / EU / NA) which is around 7 to 8 hours difference for each region amount of onlines never went up, i even filtered people who were afk on whole time and got around 100 to 120ish active level 50s on game for that time.

This amount lowered even more, our guild Contend has around 400 players and 70% of it is level 50s each day amount of online 50s decreasing same goes for other guilds, most GSB runs now pug runs and not many guilds left to play.
    ah, okay, thanks.

I do notice less people in the main cities, for sure.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Shadowlander

I noticed a sharp decrease in people immediately after the last patch. That afternoon, around mid-afternoon PST, we had about 2.5 groups in a raid for an IPP zone event. A couple hours later we had about 3.5 groups, still less than a full raid, in Silverwood.

I don't begrudge the devs most of the cash shop items; players have been asking for cosmetic items. I do, however, begrudge them a $100 cash item when there is no content to justify it.

I've played progression servers in other games and there was a published roadmap for when updates were done. Okay, so we don't have a published roadmap here, but the fact that there is ZERO communication is unforgivable.

Talk to your players, Trion. They're your customers.

+ Reply to Thread