+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Quests. Defiants have it easier.

Default Guild Quests. Defiants have it easier.

Please take another look at factions guild quests. Defiants get easier guild quests than Guardians. Why can't they be identical?

Defiants have to kill normal mobs in Stillmoor whereas Guardians have to kill elites.

Defiants have to close 50 rifts that grant experience whereas Guardians have to close 70 rifts that grant experience

Defiants have to kill less invasions than Guardians too.
    Character: Wackywoo
    Shard: Zaviel /Wolfsbane/Prime
    New Player? Follow this Link and apply the below code for some free items!
    LP3MZ9G3T36F3YQ73EMM

It might actually be calculated based on the number of Defiants/Guardians in your guild and you just have more Guardians?
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    It might actually be calculated based on the number of Defiants/Guardians in your guild and you just have more Guardians?
    I didn't think of that. Some clarification would be nice if that is how it works. A few quests are identical though, Like kill specified amount of players in pvp, complete 10 specified expert dungeons, Kill specified number of guards from the opposite faction.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 06-07-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Character: Wackywoo
    Shard: Zaviel /Wolfsbane/Prime
    New Player? Follow this Link and apply the below code for some free items!
    LP3MZ9G3T36F3YQ73EMM

Rift Disciple

My guild is level 9 and mostly Defiant. All of our quests are 100 rifts (either 25 of 4 types or 100 of any) or 1000 rift creatures. I've never seen a discrepancy but I don't pick up quests, I just do them. We don't take PVP quests and we do both sides since our leaders have a character of each faction.

Our last few quests:
    • Kill Emberlord Ereetu 4 times
    • Kill 1000 rift creatures
    • Close 100 Rifts (Current)

New quests we haven't done this week:
    • PVP - Win Codex and Whitefall 35, Black Garden 20
    • Kill Calyx in AP 4 times

• Kill 900 Defiant Players
    • Gather 250 Artifacts

I'd say our Defiant quests are harder, and since we have like 80%, I'd say this supports the theory.

identical mostly.. but it might well be your guild levelled on the 50 quest and the other quest turned into 70 from that point

I'm not that sure the number of guardians vs defiants in guild makes the number.

certain quests only pop after your guild reaches a certain level, as do quests no longer pop after reaching a certain guild level

number of members... I have an alt guild for storage.. 2 chars over 30 get a guild quest for 1000 rift mob kills..

@mizuki : mostly based defiant guild has to kill 900 defiant players.. vs how many guards if that were a guild quest?
    looking at your guild quest..250 artifacts.. your guild is level 9.

from memory, at/after level 10, you no longer get the artifact quest nor the guild crafting workorders.
    advice there.. if anyone wants to do those, let them grab those workorders asap and turn in before the guild levels further.. and grab the artifact quest before your guild levels, for it will most likely be gone when your guild levels.

I've seen the 1300 kill request on both factions as well.. for the same guild (level 17, so probably 50 added per guild level)
    I think it has to do more with the level of the guild.. numbers go up with each guild level you achieve
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-08-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Over the years I've been in Rift I've been a guild leader in 3 different guilds of different sizes and composition as far as faction goes and I believe Aranka is correct. The difference in quests has to do with the level of the guild rather than any other factor. There is a particular set of quests per guild level. As your guild levels you may get different quests or you may get the same quest only with the amount (artifacts/rifts, etc) increased.
    ~Dimensions on Greybriar~

Elle's Conservatory (Elleynne)
    Elle's Swiss Chalet (Elletrix)

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Did some tests as the Guild has a low level one on North America so i decided to do a few quests, much easier to be able to zerg quests as lvl 69 on Live than as lvl 50 on Prime.

NA Live Guild was level 18 but close to level 19, both Guardians and Defiants had same 'Open' World quests to kill endless around the Citadel in Stillmoor, kill 65 mobs outside the keep, kill 65 mobs inside the keep, non Elites.

Doing these two quests dinged the Guild to level 19 so i checked the 'new' quests, the PvP ones just increased the 'kill X numbers' by 50 for both Factions staying the same, however the ' Seal X Rifts' was totally different, Defiants have a much lower number.

Defiants:

Guardians:

After seven years of running the same Guild i can almost be certain that the differences have nothing to do with the number of either Defiants or Guardians in the Guild, there is a difference between both Faction quests in terms of numbers/objectives.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 06-08-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Default Does it matter???

Even if the quests are different, does it really matter??? What I mean is they are both guild quests that anyone in the guild can do (with the obvious exception of the "kill x number of opposing faction's NPC ones--but even then the opposite faction can help by bannering into capital city and such)...so to say one set of quests is easier for a one faction or the other is misleading in that everyone in the guild benefits equally and can participate equally...thus, having to close x number less rifts for the Defiant quest or to kill less invasions for the Guardian quest, etc is a benefit for the guild as a whole as those quests can be done by all guild mates and done quicker allowing the guild to move onto the next guild quest sooner...

yes and no..

it matters if your guild has for example 20 active members (including doubles/alts) or 50+ unique active members

as mentioned .. an alt guild for storage, but still want to build up some perks, since I do play those chars...

2 chars, 1 @35, the other @50... and the choice for open world quest.. 50 rifts + 500 rift mobs or 1000 rift mobs..

same numbers as a guild with 100+ members gets...
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-09-2018 at 10:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread