+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: State of Rift Prime

Soulwalker

First, I'd like to thank the devs for the changes to class balance and for promising to look into cleric healing. Thank you for listening to the community feedback.

I am part of the Prime population that enjoys going at a somewhat slower pace. I wish that the server had not been originally billed as a short-term balance server. Rift, as a game, has a lot of unique features that I find lacking in other games. I raided for many, many years in EQ, and have done quite a few bleeding-edge TLP server guilds, but I have played all of the other MMOs you'd expect throughout the years; the Final Fantasies, WoW, SWToR, GWs, Aion, Vanguard, etc. I only say this to offer the kinds of MMO experiences I've seen, and to explain that I do feel Rift is set apart from them, so I personally want a longer Prime experience. The more hardcore in mindset would reply that faster content will keep a larger population that will help continue to drive content and progression forward, and with my experience I cannot disagree with that. But I do think there could be a happy medium with the idea of a "year long" server, with something a bit longer.

I also think that a longer Prime experience would give our developers a bit of breathing room so that Live does not feel as neglected as they already do; the longer Prime exists, the less they have to rush to get the content ready.

But I understand also that every progression server has a diverse population with different playstyles. It's very hard to satisfy everyone on a server like this.

To add my own suggestions to this thread, if you developers are looking for ways to encourage more growth in Prime, I'd suggest taking from the cash shop on Live and using some of the cosmetic rewards to entice players back into dungeons and warfronts here on Prime. And to Live players, I am sorry for the suggestion because I know it is frustrating when you see Prime players receive items that are monetized on Live. But I make this suggestion because the items already exist, would (I think) not require a great deal of development focus to add them, and that cosmetic items are a good way to attract players into Prime activities without influencing the gear/time ratio.

I have seen suggestions to add voidstones or expert marks for the random dungeons; I have seen suggestions to increase or decrease the amounts of marks from dungeons or raids. I understand that gear outflow needs to be balanced with the pace of content. So perhaps random chest rewards with low drop percentages for things like rare dimensions, rare mounts, rare pets, once a day, for warfronts, expert dungeons, 10 man slivers, and regular dungeons. Maybe a small bump in raid marks from the 10 man slivers, but not from GSB and not from expert dungeons. I geared up after the expert vendor changes; I am in the process of transitioning from experts to raids; I struggle to get raid gear now that would help me contribute more to GSB raids, but it took me very little time to gear up in experts themselves.

My 2cp, and I am sorry if any of my suggestions are controversial or offensive to any of the other portions of server populations.

Soulwalker

I can see into the future...trion doesnt really care...will not do anything permanent to make the lvling more faster...Server will die...R.I.P

With some excitement i looked at the hotfix of 6/6/18.

When i was reading the Headline i hoped they haved increased the experience again and scrolled down ....nothing....

Here you go again Trion....missing Chance after Chance to save this Server! Other game companies would already increase the lvl experience permanently. Because that would be a good Management! But not Trion!

Trion keeps waiting until everything is dead. Destroying itīs own gain because more Subs more gain!

I just dont get it ....Rift is a great game, Prime is a great Idea! so many Players at the start... such a hype about prime and such a mess! So many hopes...if i wouldt knew any better i would assume you want your Players to suffer.

I hope i am wrong! ī

Plz increase the lvl exp permanently about 75 - 100 % for all activities.

That is the ONLY Way Prime can survive!.
    Last edited by Dralar; 06-06-2018 at 04:19 AM.

Telaran

Good thread. Have to agree that leveling experience boost would at least distract people momentarily from the snails pace of content release and significant changes / fixes on Prime. People would go play alts and it might buy Trion another week or two to roll out RoS, Ember Isle, resurrected HK50, SL, whatever is going to appease the masses.

It's abundantly clear that Trion rolled out Prime with only a flippant notion of what it is or could be. There was no roadmap for content releases and seemingly little to no preparation as evidenced by spastic changes to dungeon rewards, NPC vendor inventories, class balance, experience curve, etc. Where the "1 year" apparition came from is beyond me, but at this pace, we'll be lucky to see RoS event and raid by the end of the 1st year.

Sad how quickly Prime went from hopeful optimism to circling the drain and triage. Trion's reputation precedes them for good reason. Nothing sadder than wasted potential and squandered opportunity.

Soulwalker

1 more thought devs - do you think there'd be a possibility to allow people to sell duplicate raid drops for the marks that we could have otherwise gotten in its place?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dralar View Post
    I can see into the future...trion doesnt really care...will not do anything permanent to make the lvling more faster...Server will die...R.I.P

With some excitement i looked at the hotfix of 6/6/18.

When i was reading the Headline i hoped they haved increased the experience again and scrolled down ....nothing....

Here you go again Trion....missing Chance after Chance to save this Server! Other game companies would already increase the lvl experience permanently. Because that would be a good Management! But not Trion!

Trion keeps waiting until everything is dead. Destroying itīs own gain because more Subs more gain!

I just dont get it ....Rift is a great game, Prime is a great Idea! so many Players at the start... such a hype about prime and such a mess! So many hopes...if i wouldt knew any better i would assume you want your Players to suffer.

I hope i am wrong! ī

Plz increase the lvl exp permanently about 75 - 100 % for all activities.

That is the ONLY Way Prime can survive!.
    "Once you've lost them, they're gone" I think applies here. You're not going to convince anyone who's fed up and left to come back at this point.

Very little testing was seemingly done before the release of prime. Even during the prime release live stream the devs and CM's were talking about how slow they were leveling. That should have sounded some alarms and been looked into. And with as out of whack as the live souls that the prime souls are based on, balance should have been addressed for both live and prime before the release of prime.

You only get one shot to make a first impression, and that ship sailed. In MMO's balance and content are king. There's been very little good to say about that in the past couple years as far as Rift is concerned.
    Last edited by Skiye; 06-07-2018 at 06:27 AM.

And here we are, third week in since any form of game balance or content released to Prime. And somehow, the dang cash shop is where Trion rests it's priorities. It just boggles the mind that with so many issues plaguing this game that NOW is the time for a quick cash grab.

Now I know what the rational person would think. "They are short of staff, and this is the only thing they can do for us at the moment with the resources available to them."

Now that is all well and good, but with ZERO communication coming out week to week, a seasoned gamer can only take tomorrow's patch notes as a sign that the devs have no drive, and are being instructed to milk any more suckers for cash before the interest in Rift goes belly up again. I would welcome any member of staff to come in and set me straight, because their game's livelihood depends on it.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Soulwalker

The "Lack of Devs" excuse has been used for years. Usually if you're understaffed you hire more people.

Edit:

For like 2 years they had one Dev doing both mage and Warrior Development. This is definitely not a new problem. It's a cost cutting measure to squeeze every last penny out that they can.
    Last edited by Falinleaf; 06-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Telaran

Rift prime had subs. Lots of them from what I could tell. I'm sure some of those subs were already subscribers on Live that just came over to check out Prime and I'm sure some people just took advantage of 15-days of patron status or whatever to check out Prime for free and didn't sub, but I think it's fair to say that Trion has (had?) a huge influx of revenue coming from Prime subs at least momentarily.

What did TRION do with that $$$? Invest in new staff? Invest in new tech? If it's so dire that you needed this influx of ca$h to make payroll and service pre-existing debt, then use this population spike as a proof of concept to sell the game / IP / company to somebody bigger and better that is capable of maintaining a good AND profitable game.

Complete lack of communication / radio silence from devs is really the most disrespectful and disgraceful part of this all. Can't even seem to muster the courage to face community and venture an explanation as to WTF they are doing / working on or what's going horribly wrong internally that progress on Prime has come to a screeching halt.

Soulwalker

I have not played rift in years, I stopped playing after the first expansion. I can say I really loved Prime when I first started playing it about 6 weeks ago. The world was alive, there were lots of lowbies running around, grouping for rifts was easy, and the queues for dungeons was not too terrible (I cannot comment on PvP as I am not a PvPer)

However there seems to have been a steady and constant drop in people. Now that I am 50, the world seems a lot less alive. There are almost never groups for rifts in high level areas.
    Dungeon queues pop much more infrequently, with expert queues almost never popping. Seems like people only run experts with guildies. Which I understand to a point but kills the feel of an MMO when you always group with the same people.

It really is a shame because I love the feel of the game. Its not vanilla Rift but I love the feel and I love the lack of cash shop/please spend money riddled throughout the game.
    Last edited by Jutda; 06-15-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Lii

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonatorrr View Post
    My guild population has not changed on daily log in base that much.we still have from 75 to 100 daily log ins.
    I see a lot of lower lvl players right now so we have to keep them!!!Yes some are living alts atm too.
    At this moment we have 47 online atm and less then 17 are 50 haha
    We would love for some more PE players to queue WFs after their night raid! Members in CR start queuing around 9 pm ish server after our raids. We queue in pairs so that we get mixed up on the teams. It’s so much more fun with full maps.
    Last edited by Lii; 06-15-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    Yeti - Vigil - Chaos Rising

Soulwalker

Default One guild

Seems trion was right to start us off all in one guild at lvl 1. At the rate we are going we are all going to end up back in one guild to do any content.

Shadowlander

Trion is not going to permanently increase the xp because if they do, then people hit 50 faster. More people at 50 means more people feeling the lack of content. And I don't think Trion knows when they're going to release more content.
    Chancy & Sarafina

Pretty much that..

Increase xp gain,, so people level more easily and hit 50 in a relatively short time.. more level 50s doing the same grind and only looking forward to the next unlock that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon (within a month)

Keep the levelling as is.. ( you can level 1 level daily at/over 40 without dungeon pops, dungeons just makes it faster and easier) But how many people would be satisfied with that...

3rd char slot.. more chars, not more players, since you can only have one char per account active.. 2 chars at 50, 1 close to 40 and not really rushing to level the last.. looks like I have more than enough time to get it to 50 before any new content is unlocked.. .

No real incentives.. gsb is already on farm by a selected group, raid drops are sold on auction house.. not many xprt/rr groups.. people focus more on gsb than looking at lower level instances to run for gear drops, since those drops don't do that much for upgrading gear or anything.. for many it is just a waste/passing time while waiting for crifts or DH/GP/Gsb runs

It's not enough to keep anybody happy.. lower level qs aren't poppingfast enough, pvp seems to die out (guild quests way to demanding to even bother going pvp for them)

Several issues have been brought up in the past.. Trion should have looked through those first before testing/implementing Prime.. Same with all the class balances, soul tree changes, xp gain (and the reasons/consequences of those changes).. that all should have been taken into account in XP gain, levelling speed, player activities.

And it seems the test team was not aware of many of these issues

Now that they are, they need to make a choice.. Invest time and resources to make it work, use a basic 3 months to work out the next big unlock (preferably level cap/xpack) and use the smaller unlocks halfway those 3 months to test/evaluate/prepare for those big unlocks.

That or think up an alternative..
    Maybe leave this PRIME shard at 50 cap with upcoming the Ros/hammerknell/ember isle and create a new PRIME shard that allows for level 48 to 50 to copy their char from Vigil to that shard, keep the old content as on Vigil (without hammerknell, ember isle, Ros), but start with Storm Legion unlock, so people can move straight to new content.
    For any gear issues.. re-introduce the storyline to travel/unlock that storm legion chain and give gear rewards that fit the starting fights in cape jule/kingdom of pelladane.

It means people can choose to walk around in 2 worlds at the same time.
    When nothing is done/added to one shard, they can progress on the other shard.

The same could then go for Nightmare Tide.. new shard, new expansion/level cap.. and copy char.from the Storm Legion shard to the Nightmare Tide shard.

And for the last step (considering current content) From NT shard to Prophecy Shard.

As for the risk of splitting population.. People could be given a choice to either copy their char from Vigil to SL-shard to NT-shard to PoA-shard or create a char with char boost.

To prevent some abuse..
    On Vigil.. char boost to level 20, to get instant access to the first dungeons, a gear pack based on mentored level 20 stats.
    On SL shard a char boost to level 48 with Planar gear level 48 based stats.
    On NT shard a char boost to level 58 with Gear based on Golem Foundry drops
    On PoA shard a char boost to level 64 with gear based on Gyel fortress stats.

Timelines for availability on these char boosts..
    level 20- Vigil.. always, from start and for already playing chars, price 1 silver
    level 48 - SL.. always, from start and for already playing chars, price 1k planarite, BOP
    level 58 - NT - 2 weeks into the release for already playing chars, price 10k planarie, level 52 req to use and BOP
    level 63 - PoA - 4 weeks into the release for already playing chars, price 50k planarite, level 60 req and BOP

The char boosts for NT and PoA have a month cooldown, so people need to take/have some time for that char to level to the next req

BOP with level req, so you actually have to play your char for a certain time to at least learn your souls before entering the new world/instances. (Mainly for those starting fresh, chosing callings they haven't played before)

Time lines.. to prevent people from abusing easy access to higher level chars to transfer to live when/if Prime shuts down.

Char boost packs can come with 3 skill boosts..
    for Vigil upto skill 150 (that's around level level 35ish gear/mats/gathering zones)
    for Storm Legion upto skill 325 (close to the next tier gear/mats/gathering.. since SL is 3 gear/crafting mats tiers 300, 330 and 350 for processing mats with tier max at 375)
    For Nightmare Tide upto skill 380 (NT is basically one tier, same mats upto 450, bulk recipes starting at 390)
    For PoA upto skill 405 (PoA is basically one tier, same mats upto 525, bulk recipes start at 475 and 500, fishing at 405 and the store skill boosts available for credits on live is 450)

When the planning comes for the ability to transfer chars from the Prime PoA shard to Live, the boosts will be removed from store in advance, so people can't last minute create a cheap char, powerlevel, get the last char pack cheap for a quick start on live.

Transferring will be available from all shards to live, with a max of 3 chars total, no matter what Prime shard the chars come from. Transferred chars will get a personal title 'from PRIME' granted, that is only for the chars coming from Prime, not accountwide.
    Transferring a 4th char from Prime will only be available if one of the former prime shard transferred chars is deleted (the title 'from Prime' should be an easy check to see if there is room for transferring a char from Prime to Live)

The advantage of this way of dealing with xpack/unlocks is, that for the new content, you can start relatively fresh, without having to bother with class balance/gear balance for older content an with each unlock/higher level shard, can get closer to how one would want to make things work on live.
    Splitting up the level tiers this way, people could choose to start playing on Prime, level in a more balanced system for that level range, move to the next unlock/level tier that has worked out class balance for that level range and eventually stay on Prime or move to Live. If a specific balance is reached for level 65-70 tier that would work both on live and Prime, Trion could choose to work out a similar char boost system for live, so people can choose to level either on live or prime with some incentives to speed level other than through IA/instances on live and if they do want to boost to higher level at once, go for the current available level boost on live.

The main problem with this system could be the instance qs for lower levels, but if the levelling in open world would be more rewarding in gear, currency and xp (both live and prime) people would get to the higher tiers more easily, catching up would be more easily for fresh/new players/chars and more focus could be put on higher level content, balancing and instances.

anyways.. just a thought on alternatives.. if I missed anything in covering abuse, if people have different/other ideas or any other comments/ideas.. feel free to post them.
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-17-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    if people have different/other ideas or any other comments/ideas.. feel free to post them.
    I got one: How about anything....at all. Because so far, we've paid 3 months of subs for a preview of a progression server. I'm sitting in que for hours waiting for experts to pop while starting at the same person in general chat struggle to fill a GSB run in the same amount of time. That's the entire lvl 50 meta at a stalemate, Trion. Do you even care?
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Shadowlander

And that's another week without anything added.
    Seriously, what is taking so long to adapt the old content to the new souls?
    That makes no sense, it's not like they have to recreate a game, just adapt an already existing old content.
    Ember isle, planar attunement and RoS could give people a reason to stay on Prime.
    Trion?
    What about you tell us something? Or are you too busy to take a few minutes and write a schedule? I mean, today's update is so huge I can understand you're busy. Oh, wait...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast