+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Patch Notes and xp

Default Patch Notes and xp

PRIME EXPERIENCE:

The experience required per level from 30-49 has been reduced. We have applied smaller reductions in the lower end of that range, progressing to larger reductions at the high end. If you’re in this level range right now, all of your previous effort will be taken into account -- You may notice you’re a bit closer to reaching 50 then you were before the update!

We still do want there to be space in the 1-50 progression for rifts, events, dungeons, PvP, and more activities than solely questing for experience, without appearing as if the intent is to encourage repeated grinding.

We look forward to hearing what you think!

ROFLMAO

that's basically what I think.. rifts, events.. that was already needed for currency.. planarite/void stones...

questing.. Was doing fine levelling the main before the first xp boost, after that I've only been skipping quests I outlevelled...
    So some 80 quests left in stillmoor/shimmersand together on 2 chars, one 50, the other 2 blocks from 50

questing only, some event stuff in between.. no grind anywhere..
    no warfronts, no dungeons..

I must have been doing something horribly wrong I guess..

Shadowlander

First time through was a bit rough, I remember running out of quests and running LH dozens of times to get to 48. A welcome change in my opinion.

We had 2 xp boosts already.. if not 3...

Plane Touched

These changes are good in my opinion.

My character is already 50, but it was difficult between level 42-50.
    The most players were leveling via dungeons, so I was mostly alone in the open world. My opponents got stronger while my level remained unchanged, and bring quest ended at the next quest giver.

Battlegrounds seldom opened and were understaffed (and got closed).
    Events = there were to many low level players.

I switched between Shimmersand and Stillmoor until I run out of quest.
    At the end I killed vampires to receive cloth.

I also still have quests now in Shimmersand, but that is a little to late!
    It would be nice, if I receive more gold for these last quests. At the moment they offer gold and exp (that I do not need anymore).

In my guild are still players leveling their main character since march. There are also some, who quit the game. Other guild members are waiting that more get level 50 and in the meantime they are playing on the live server.

I never skipped quest or outleveled them, because of the automatically mentor system. Every expirience where welcome.

let me explain outlevelling... where your actual level is higher than the quest level, so you have to mentor down for lesser (kill) xp to do the quests...

As for questing.. there are (more than) enough players questing to group up with

as in skipping quests... Patch Notes and xp-xp-leftovers.jpgPatch Notes and xp-quest-leftovers.jpg

That's without rift/event xp farming.. some 80 quests left in Shimmersand, 30 in Stillmoor and some 40 in Droughtlands.. 10 points pvp for closing a rift behind enemy lines...
    Last edited by Aranka; 05-23-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Champion

This thread is comical and displays a fundamental lack of understanding of what is happening right now on Prime, why the path to 50 needed to be accelerated, why this needed to happen weeks ago when the expert weapon vendor was removed and why it is still not enough

1) The majority of early 50s had massive advantages that are not available anymore - namely an accessories vendor and a tier 2 weapon vendor that sold tier 2 weapons for less than the expert legs and chestpieces. Those vendors have been yanked, meaning any new 50's have to now farm specific bosses and not any expert boss.

This has lead to fewer people in the expert queue as they get sick of the RNG or people with sub 800dps. I can sit as tank/heals/dmg/support all checked and the queue won't pop for 45 minutes or more

2) those early 50's are raiding, multiple times a day and I am seeing so many nearly head to tow in raid gear right now. they have no need nor any desire to bother with experts, thus making the pool of 50's queue'ng in any role that much smaller

3) if you only quest and ignore leveling dungeons, you will be on level for each zone until the carnage quests dry up in droughtlands, at which time you will start to be under levelled and will run out of quests you can do without a group by 47-48 provided you are playing a class/soul combo that can actually deal with + level mobs

4) if you do the levelling dungeons one time for the quests, you will be over levelled for each zone but not by much

5) if you do a lot of dungeons you will be severely overlevelled.

6) if you are only playing once a week you will have so much rested xp you will always be over levelled regardless of how you play.

rifts don't give much xp. zone events dont give much xp. it's the dungeons. dungeons give the most xp of anything you can do in this game right now. proof? anecdotes?

i did 47.5-49 in stillmoor. took almost 12 hours of play.

i did 49-50 in two ap and two cc runs. took 4 hours.

if you want to stay on level stay out of the dungeons.

don't attempt to force your way of playing on others.

the game is dying at 50 for those who don't raid or are not being carried by friends through experts/raids. we need more 50's in the queue's for pve and pvp. pvp is likely a lost cause with class balance about as bad now as it was in vanilla, but pve and pve whales are what keep these games alive in the west.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    PRIME EXPERIENCE:

The experience required per level from 30-49 has been reduced. We have applied smaller reductions in the lower end of that range, progressing to larger reductions at the high end. If you’re in this level range right now, all of your previous effort will be taken into account -- You may notice you’re a bit closer to reaching 50 then you were before the update!

We still do want there to be space in the 1-50 progression for rifts, events, dungeons, PvP, and more activities than solely questing for experience, without appearing as if the intent is to encourage repeated grinding.

We look forward to hearing what you think!

ROFLMAO

that's basically what I think.. rifts, events.. that was already needed for currency.. planarite/void stones...

questing.. Was doing fine levelling the main before the first xp boost, after that I've only been skipping quests I outlevelled...
    So some 80 quests left in stillmoor/shimmersand together on 2 chars, one 50, the other 2 blocks from 50

questing only, some event stuff in between.. no grind anywhere..
    no warfronts, no dungeons..

I must have been doing something horribly wrong I guess..

I call BS. There is no way you outleveled quests doing just quests.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by soluss View Post
    I call BS. There is no way you outleveled quests doing just quests.
    he/she would have if they had a ton of rested xp, but this also means they are playing infrequently and have no business dictating that their style of play be the status quo.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    he/she would have if they had a ton of rested xp, but this also means they are playing infrequently and have no business dictating that their style of play be the status quo.
    Possibly but they would have to play like once a week. I had an alt sit for a month in meridian and dried up the rested xp in like 2 levels.

I can agree with a lot of above mentioned points..

but uhm yeah.. I overlevelled playing daily doing quests without dungeons/pvp

and yes.. 48 to 50 can be done in 8 hrs just questing.. don't need the rested xp for that if you know what you are doing.

the way I see it, Trion was not at all prepared for releasing Prime, a lack of insight in xp gain, oversight in the effect of soul/class changes in the past on vanilla content and the missing of powerlevel options that are available in live.

There should have been a basic timeline for the release of zones, raids, expansions..
    and maybe.. just a level xp vial for say.. level 25 if max is 50

No doubt Trion had a timeline in mind when opening Prime.. It took the first players about a week to hit 50..
    Give or take 4 to 5 weeks average for the majority of the players.. xp boosts added (again)
    getting to 50 should now become way more easily (the last xp boost with todays patch basically grants the last level for free compared to prepatch).

The moment hit 19 gear came into game, it should have opened up ember isle as well.. crafted bis gear that came with ember isle back in the days was 19 hit as well..

slivers before ember isle, raids together or one week after ember isle.. and with raids I mean RoS, GSB and HK. 3 to 4 weeks after that.. Storm Legion...

Storm Legion is 10 levels wide.. back in the days, some superman made it in some 4hrs I think with 160% boosts.. that will now not be the case.. players will in general take a bit longer than that to make 60, do torvan venerated rep and instances/xprts

So 4 to 5 weeks into storm legion.. release ember west island and the raid rifts, 2 or 3 weeks later the big raids and after 3 months of starting storm legion NT

If you want to challenge players, you need to set dates and timelines people can aim for.. if you wait too long with the progression, people will get disappointed, bored and not bother pushing themselves to that next step

challenges.... mhm well, yeah.. nice for a short time perhaps.. but only a small part of the game..

rather would have seen that in achievements.. sub directory.. Prime achievements, perhaps some legendary.. and a specified reward for making those achievements.. special titles, mounts, currency boxes.. w/e, but only achievable through Prime, not through Live.

@Soluss.. check the images.. the xp bar shows some 9xx.xxx xp req.. that's level 49 to 50.
    And 2million xp in cache, rewarded the moment you make 1 xp...

check the image.. 80 quests left in shimmersand, 40 in droughtlands.. some 25 to 30 in stillmoor..
    no points mentioned in dungeons.. cause I never went in on that char.
    10 points pvp.. from closing a rift in a defiant zone...

achievement points 1200...

so yes, no warfronts, no dungeons, just open world. and logging in/playing daily
    for the /played .. that's 23 days, 11 hours
    Last edited by Aranka; 05-23-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Champion

I can agree with a lot of above mentioned points..

but uhm yeah.. I overlevelled playing daily doing quests without dungeons/pvp

and yes.. 48 to 50 can be done in 8 hrs just questing.. don't need the rested xp for that if you know what you are doing.

the way I see it, Trion was not at all prepared for releasing Prime, a lack of insight in xp gain, oversight in the effect of soul/class changes in the past on vanilla content and the missing of powerlevel options that are available in live.

There should have been a basic timeline for the release of zones, raids, expansions..
    and maybe.. just a level xp vial for say.. level 25 if max is 50

No doubt Trion had a timeline in mind when opening Prime.. It took the first players about a week to hit 50..
    Give or take 4 to 5 weeks average for the majority of the players.. xp boosts added (again)
    getting to 50 should now become way more easily (the last xp boost with todays patch basically grants the last level for free compared to prepatch).

The moment hit 19 gear came into game, it should have opened up ember isle as well.. crafted bis gear that came with ember isle back in the days was 19 hit as well..

slivers before ember isle, raids together or one week after ember isle.. and with raids I mean RoS, GSB and HK. 3 to 4 weeks after that.. Storm Legion...

Storm Legion is 10 levels wide.. back in the days, some superman made it in some 4hrs I think with 160% boosts.. that will now not be the case.. players will in general take a bit longer than that to make 60, do torvan venerated rep and instances/xprts

So 4 to 5 weeks into storm legion.. release ember west island and the raid rifts, 2 or 3 weeks later the big raids and after 3 months of starting storm legion NT

If you want to challenge players, you need to set dates and timelines people can aim for.. if you wait too long with the progression, people will get disappointed, bored and not bother pushing themselves to that next step

challenges.... mhm well, yeah.. nice for a short time perhaps.. but only a small part of the game..

rather would have seen that in achievements.. sub directory.. Prime achievements, perhaps some legendary.. and a specified reward for making those achievements.. special titles, mounts, currency boxes.. w/e, but only achievable through Prime, not through Live.

@Soluss.. check the images.. the xp bar shows some 9xx.xxx xp req.. that's level 49 to 50.
    And 2million xp in cache, rewarded the moment you make 1 xp...

check the image.. 80 quests left in shimmersand, 40 in droughtlands.. some 25 to 30 in stillmoor..
    no points mentioned in dungeons.. cause I never went in on that char.
    10 points pvp.. from closing a rift in a defiant zone...

achievement points 1200...

so yes, no warfronts, no dungeons, just open world. and logging in/playing daily
    for the /played .. that's 23 days, 11 hours
    23 days played? i did it with 10 days of /played time. you had to have had a ton of rested xp.

Shadowlander

This thread is not relevant . If you are a completionist then go and do the quests after you hit 50.

The server is a fast progression server, it is meant to be fast leveling and fast content. It's still slower then release back in 2011 even after all the boosts and today's patch.

Now that the server has progressed and most people are 50 and 3 raids are out it should be SUPER quick for people to level to give them a chance to catch up. We want to promote the population as much as possible because it is dying off. I think making that grind less is a big thing people with families and full time work will give up before they get 50.

My alt was lvl 44 before the patch, the XP reduction applied from level 30. I got 1 level from the patch and that is all. Sure it helps but 40-50 is still going to be a crazy grind that people won't do. I don't think this change is enough to build the population of 50's which is what is needed.
    Last edited by Sabeer; 05-23-2018 at 03:08 PM.

@dixa

just an explanation.. . out of those 2 months, I have been online for 23 days.... that does not mean I levelled 50 in that time.. it means being in game, out and about. doing stuff

played is active in game.. not your levelling time..
    and you don't build up rested xp when out of town...

just gotta know how to use rested xp and nonrested xp

Shadowlander

Honestly the xp buff wasn't even that great.

Now instead of leveling 1-50 you're leveling 1-~48.5. Grind is still real.

And now you're basically relegated to questing. I gave up on leveling my 43 mage after coming home from work 5 days in a row to sit in the dungeon queue as all 4 roles for 2 hours a day with no pops.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of deleting the last 5 levels of xp than the last 1.5. As is when we get the cap increase to 60 they're going to have to lower it again.
    Last edited by Buffrat; 05-24-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

Champion

@dixa

just an explanation.. . out of those 2 months, I have been online for 23 days.... that does not mean I levelled 50 in that time.. it means being in game, out and about. doing stuff

played is active in game.. not your levelling time..
    and you don't build up rested xp when out of town...

just gotta know how to use rested xp and nonrested xp
    I know what played time is, chief. I did it in 10 days played, or 240 hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast