+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I love this game but its dying...Prime ...

  1. #1
    Plane Walker MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    405

    Default I love this game but its dying...Prime ...

    Developers please here me out, focus on what needs done before you launch anything. I have been here four years now and I see what is going on,,,,my Prime guild is leaving the game, my babes, yep ...and Im sad, really upset about it. But you cant make people come back or do what they don't want to do. So it leaves a challenge for our guild and I never thought I would say this but we are running on empty .....some guilds are okay but honestly Im worried about mine. I guesss what Im saying is people are leaving the game due too lack of interest and the whole grinding lvls for infinity thing. I just feel I don't want to lose more of my friends because I came here to meet them and now they are gone. ....
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  2. #2
    Plane Touched kaymcleod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default Prices based on Live economy, not Prime reality....

    This is one of my primary concerns. Everything on the Rift store, as well as in-game prices like Roles (fixed today), Bank Vaults, Guild Vaults, etc., is based on the extremely Rich and Deep economy of Live.

    Unfortunately, we are a long way away from that type of economy on Prime.

    I played at launch all the way until the business model went F2P. I never had this much difficulty accruing plat for what I needed. After F2P, I was able to raise 100s of plat per week just through minions. And, of course, the ever-present credit purchases.

    We are trying to play a P2P game within the framework of a F2P cash shop....and the cracks are beginning to show.

    To be fair, I realize this is a difficult and complex problem and I don't know how to solve it other than asking for more realistic prices. It won't be perfect, but it might keep some people from migrating back to Live while other solutions are found.
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 05-23-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

    PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Honestly, to me? I don't think this is one of the main reasons.

    What has now killed this game (again) for me, despite coming back to try it again, is the PUG community in the LFD tool.

    From tanks who demand speed runs and if you aren't capable of pulling 2k dps in an expert on ST, to tanks (again) who then do the classic fake dc so they get kicked from the party, then re-queue in 10mins without a debuff.

    So, why not tank yourself? You say. Well, I have tried, then get the classic DPS shoot ahead pull as much as they can, then when you die as a tank because you are undergeared (bear in mind, still using some basic level 50 gear, very few expert items if any), you are obviously a **** player, and they whine, rant and rave at you.

    *This* attitude, more than anything, I think is what will kill this game faster than any long term economic stuff.
    I have tried to seek like minded individuals, but my play times don't usually fit a guild sadly, so I think, like a number of other players, I am done for good.

    Mayhap the "community" could think upon this, but sadly, the same prats who whine and create these problems have little or no logic they are the main cause. Ah well.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    This is one of my primary concerns. Everything on the Rift store, as well as in-game prices like Roles (fixed today), Bank Vaults, Guild Vaults, etc., is based on the extremely Rich and Deep economy of Live.

    Unfortunately, we are a long way away from that type of economy on Prime.

    I played at launch all the way until the business model went F2P. I never had this much difficulty accruing plat for what I needed. After F2P, I was able to raise 100s of plat per week just through minions. And, of course, the ever-present credit purchases.

    We are trying to play a P2P game within the framework of a F2P cash shop....and the cracks are beginning to show.

    To be fair, I realize this is a difficult and complex problem and I don't know how to solve it other than asking for more realistic prices. It won't be perfect, but it might keep some people from migrating back to Live while other solutions are found.
    your problems acquiring plat are directly related to the fact that many who try prime dont make it out of the 20's to early 30's.

    those that just quest and stick to it make it. those that try the dungeons quit after the first couple of times they try to do darkening deeps or deepstrike mines - two leveling dungeons that are actually harder in their normal versions than expert.

    this means that there is an overabundance of the mats you can acquire while leveling, but not enough level 50 mats.

    hell, i just sold 18 twilight bloom roots for something like 15 plat. anything under i'm lucky to get 1 plat for 20.

    you then add to this the fact that the general populace is well aware they don't get the same advantages and lanes to gear as the early 50's did thanks to the removal of the accessories and tier 2 weapon vendor and so few are sticking around. the level 50 expert queue is nearly as dry as my throat after i take a claritin.

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, to me? I don't think this is one of the main reasons.

    What has now killed this game (again) for me, despite coming back to try it again, is the PUG community in the LFD tool.

    From tanks who demand speed runs and if you aren't capable of pulling 2k dps in an expert on ST, to tanks (again) who then do the classic fake dc so they get kicked from the party, then re-queue in 10mins without a debuff.

    So, why not tank yourself? You say. Well, I have tried, then get the classic DPS shoot ahead pull as much as they can, then when you die as a tank because you are undergeared (bear in mind, still using some basic level 50 gear, very few expert items if any), you are obviously a **** player, and they whine, rant and rave at you.

    *This* attitude, more than anything, I think is what will kill this game faster than any long term economic stuff.
    I have tried to seek like minded individuals, but my play times don't usually fit a guild sadly, so I think, like a number of other players, I am done for good.

    Mayhap the "community" could think upon this, but sadly, the same prats who whine and create these problems have little or no logic they are the main cause. Ah well.
    as someone who plays all four roles in the expert dungeons - this is really not the case.

    yeah you will have some elitists. many rift vets who jumped on this server at launch got early advantages the rest of us do not get and with that came poor attitudes, lack of empathy and an inability or unwillingness to be patient.

    however some bosses in experts need at least 1.1k from each of the 3 dps to kill before their enrage-wipe-the-group mechanic. i can count on one hand the number of times i have seen that.

    all four classes have high single target damage specs now in pre-expert gear all capable of over 1k dps single target even with little to no effort. if you choose to not learn those specs, build those specs and then expect four other people in a dungeon to just carry you because you have chosen to be uncooperative - i'm sorry, but this is not how mmorpg and at-large communities work.

    if i get an expert cc and on the first boss none of the dps are even breaking 1k then yeah, i'm gonna bail as your tank. or healer. because that means this group cant kill julathrin. at all.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Precisely what I am talking about "because you have chosen to be uncooperative".
    I mean, really? Do you literally have any idea how obnoxious you sound right now?

    And "however some bosses in experts need at least 1.1k from each of the 3 dps to kill before their enrage-wipe-the-group mechanic. i can count on one hand the number of times i have seen that."
    I have done about 20 Experts so far, and not one, literally not one boss I have seen has this issue. So I have no idea what you are bliterhing about. True, I haven't done CC in Expert, but of all the dungeons, RotF, DD, IT etc, not one has a hard dps requirement to kill before an enrage mechanic.

    Also, you claim each spec can do over 1k dps with little or no effort? Then please, kink these specs, and the macros that come with them, because I have googled on my warrior, used the macros, and learnt how to play them as best as I can, which is to an average to good standard (am no slouch at MMOs with fairness, and am more than wiling to put in the legwork)
    and not one spec I have found on my warrior allows "EZ MODE" dps with pre-expert gear, hitting over 1k. I would love to see this, because I am using the Paragon build I found on these very forums, have used all the macros within, and have studied the order, and the playstyle, and still hitting 1.3k ST but it is by no means "Lawl ez mode".


    Also, saying you join a random group, and if you feel they aren't good enough you will just bail on them rather than offer assistance or explain?
    Exactly the stinking attitude I was mentioning in this game.

    Hope you feel proud of yourself, you have just shown the community at a whole what I was talking about. I said earlier that said players genuinely have no idea that they are the issue, and you even mention yourself that the Expert queues are drying up, but rather than try to make a change for those in the game, you just take the selfish route, and just bail.

    I apologise if I seem a bit snappy, but this is actually precisely what I was mentioning, and the hilarious thing, is that you say "it isn't the case" in your opener, and then prove it pretty much is, and you're perhaps one of the causes.
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 05-23-2018 at 12:12 PM.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    And "however some bosses in experts need at least 1.1k from each of the 3 dps to kill before their enrage-wipe-the-group mechanic. i can count on one hand the number of times i have seen that."
    I have done about 20 Experts so far, and not one, literally not one boss I have seen has this issue. So I have no idea what you are bliterhing about. True, I haven't done CC in Expert, but of all the dungeons, RotF, DD, IT etc, not one has a hard dps requirement to kill before an enrage mechanic.
    Jultharin in CC and Caretaker in DSM are the two hard DPS checks. These used to be issues with certain team compositions, I haven't done experts since the class balance so I don't know how they are currently.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Precisely what I am talking about "because you have chosen to be uncooperative".
    I mean, really? Do you literally have any idea how obnoxious you sound right now?

    And "however some bosses in experts need at least 1.1k from each of the 3 dps to kill before their enrage-wipe-the-group mechanic. i can count on one hand the number of times i have seen that."
    I have done about 20 Experts so far, and not one, literally not one boss I have seen has this issue. So I have no idea what you are bliterhing about. True, I haven't done CC in Expert, but of all the dungeons, RotF, DD, IT etc, not one has a hard dps requirement to kill before an enrage mechanic.

    Also, you claim each spec can do over 1k dps with little or no effort? Then please, kink these specs, and the macros that come with them, because I have googled on my warrior, used the macros, and learnt how to play them as best as I can, which is to an average to good standard (am no slouch at MMOs with fairness, and am more than wiling to put in the legwork)
    and not one spec I have found on my warrior allows "EZ MODE" dps with pre-expert gear, hitting over 1k. I would love to see this, because I am using the Paragon build I found on these very forums, have used all the macros within, and have studied the order, and the playstyle, and still hitting 1.3k ST but it is by no means "Lawl ez mode".


    Also, saying you join a random group, and if you feel they aren't good enough you will just bail on them rather than offer assistance or explain?
    Exactly the stinking attitude I was mentioning in this game.

    Hope you feel proud of yourself, you have just shown the community at a whole what I was talking about. I said earlier that said players genuinely have no idea that they are the issue, and you even mention yourself that the Expert queues are drying up, but rather than try to make a change for those in the game, you just take the selfish route, and just bail.

    I apologise if I seem a bit snappy, but this is actually precisely what I was mentioning, and the hilarious thing, is that you say "it isn't the case" in your opener, and then prove it pretty much is, and you're perhaps one of the causes.
    the specs are on these very forums, you can find them yourself.

    if you are unwilling to learn the specs given you are clearly able to use the forums, don't expect others to adapt to your playstyle. that's not how these games - or the world - works.

    i dont like that my mage can't play necro or necro lock. i dont like that my mage has to have MA in every freaking spec. do i force a group to carry my gimp necro lock? nope. i have an ma role for when i want to dps, because i am not so inconsiderate that i feel the other four are required to carry me.

    you call me obnoxious for thinking this way, and i consider you entitled for thinking otherwise.

    i gave you an expert CC specific example and you say i'm wrong...but also state you have not done expert CC. consider proof reading before you post things. if you do not know the pain of dealing with a boss like that with a hard dps check then don't post about it.

    there are players that refuse to use macros, and complain that their dps is too low.
    this is not a legitimate complaint - the macro system is integral to the game.

    there are players that refuse to use any but some automated levelling spec, and complain that their dps is too low.
    this is a moderately legitimate complain - soul balance is an issue. but if you are unwilling to adapt nobody should be forced to pick up your slack when you have an option that doesn't require rerolling.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelgress View Post
    Jultharin in CC and Caretaker in DSM are the two hard DPS checks. These used to be issues with certain team compositions, I haven't done experts since the class balance so I don't know how they are currently.
    still need at least 3.3k total dps to drop them before their mechanics one shot the tank. whether that's one dps doing it, or spread about across all three and the healer this is what you need.

    today it's a lot easier to get that in level 50 normal gear on all 4 classes if using the right soul setups than it was just two weeks ago. the issue is that so many refuse to adapt to help the group, which is an extremely selfish outlook and why the op's post and subsequent response are hilarious.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    all four classes have high single target damage specs now in pre-expert gear all capable of over 1k dps single target even with little to no effort. if you choose to not learn those specs, build those specs and then expect four other people in a dungeon to just carry you because you have chosen to be uncooperative - i'm sorry, but this is not how mmorpg and at-large communities work.
    Amen, sister. This also extends into raiding. Everyone needs their class' top dps spec, and know how to use it. You need to flexible and not just rely on only ever tanking or healing because your dps sucks because you refuse to learn how to be better.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander Torankusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    27

    Default

    They seem to have held the paper upside down when they were balancing content, because things get easier as you progress rather than harder. The hardest content on Prime was leveling dungeons (and leveling in general). Experts were easier than those. And the raids are even easier still.

    Expert queues won't be much improved by expediting the leveling process because it's faster, easier, and more efficient for a fresh 50 to get carried through raids by their guild than for them to do experts (especially with LFG). We had someone hit 50 this week and the next day he was doing LGS (didn't even have a trinket equipped, who needs it?). The people without bigger, organized guilds are SOL, get frustrated, and quit. The veterans who came back because this was a "challenge" server get disillusioned and bored with carrying people through steamroll content, and quit.

    This is why it's important to have really challenging high-end content. It incentivizes people to go back through experts to maybe get that BIS trinket, that ranged weapon proc, that rune recipe. It would be even better if there was a guaranteed reward worth getting. But it's a moot point now because, like, what am I gearing up for? Another tier of facerolling?
    Trunks@Vigil
    Trunks@Omega

    MAke MAges Mages Again

  12. #12
    Plane Touched kaymcleod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default I hear what you're saying, Dixa...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    your problems acquiring plat are directly related to the fact that many who try prime dont make it out of the 20's to early 30's.

    those that just quest and stick to it make it. those that try the dungeons quit after the first couple of times they try to do darkening deeps or deepstrike mines - two leveling dungeons that are actually harder in their normal versions than expert.

    this means that there is an overabundance of the mats you can acquire while leveling, but not enough level 50 mats.

    hell, i just sold 18 twilight bloom roots for something like 15 plat. anything under i'm lucky to get 1 plat for 20.

    you then add to this the fact that the general populace is well aware they don't get the same advantages and lanes to gear as the early 50's did thanks to the removal of the accessories and tier 2 weapon vendor and so few are sticking around. the level 50 expert queue is nearly as dry as my throat after i take a claritin.
    I probably should have been more specific! As a dimension builder, I'm looking at 2.4 plat PER PLANK or any other building block, and that's just the basic blocks. They quickly rise from there to 3.8 plat, then 4.2 plat, on up to 12 plat. Most of my dims run between 800-1200 items. That adds up REAL FAST!

    The prices for decorations, furniture, keys, houses, landscaping, etc., is also prohibitive.

    If you visit any of my dims, you will see that I've enjoyed the challenge of working with limited and crafted-only items.....but I truly miss the creative freedom I found on Live because I could buy whatever I needed.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

    PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    I probably should have been more specific! As a dimension builder, I'm looking at 2.4 plat PER PLANK or any other building block, and that's just the basic blocks. They quickly rise from there to 3.8 plat, then 4.2 plat, on up to 12 plat. Most of my dims run between 800-1200 items. That adds up REAL FAST!

    The prices for decorations, furniture, keys, houses, landscaping, etc., is also prohibitive.

    If you visit any of my dims, you will see that I've enjoyed the challenge of working with limited and crafted-only items.....but I truly miss the creative freedom I found on Live because I could buy whatever I needed.
    as a lifelong bachelor, housing in mmorpgs has never been of any interest to me.

    however those prices seem out of whack, it's like when lessers were 10k voidstones each - that is pricing that works on live, not here.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    While there were a lot of returning players in prime, a large chunk was also live players on Prime playing with guildies. A lot of the novelty wore off and live seems to have picked up again.

    Many of the returning players discovered prime wasn't a "classic rift experience" at all, and the rather untested and buggy state it was released in also made some realize why they left in the first place. That was a very common complaint I heard from Twitch streamers.

    Prime honestly should have been a "true" classic rift state. That was probably a bigger ask than the current dev team had the manpower for, but it's what most people actually wanted.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
    This is why it's important to have really challenging high-end content. It incentivizes people to go back through experts to maybe get that BIS trinket, that ranged weapon proc, that rune recipe. It would be even better if there was a guaranteed reward worth getting. But it's a moot point now because, like, what am I gearing up for? Another tier of facerolling?
    ^This
    end game is too easy. It really is no fun when there are no challenges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts