+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Disabling World First and Achievements for GSB

Default Disabling World First and Achievements for GSB

Doesn't apply anymore
    Last edited by Burninalways; 05-22-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    In light of this patch taking over 2 additional hours going on 3 which is eating away EU player base, wouldn't it be prudent to disable world first and achievements in Greenscale's Blight until a suitable time tomorrow.

What do you think?
    So I assume "suitable time" means EU prime time while everyone in NA is at work?
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    So I assume "suitable time" means EU prime time while everyone in NA is at work?
    How about 05/17/18 at 16:00 UTC that should be fair.

They might be resetting them anyway given the trouble the patch has caused the playerbase.
    This just removes the need of having another patch to reset them, I think.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 05-16-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Between 9 am and noon in the US. On a workday. You have a weird definition of fair.

Between 9 am and noon in the US. On a workday. You have a weird definition of fair.
    So does Trion apparently, as it was the time the servers were meant to be up by.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Rift Disciple

Yea that's a tough sell considering when the servers usually come up it is still the early morning/afternoon for NA work hours and the middle of the night for AUS/NZ. Regardless of this, if GSB is cleared in the first few hours/first day of it being released, shard firsts are pretty meaningless.

My point was if your goal was fairness, it would release on the weekend at a time acceptable to both regions. But there is something that makes me doubt that is the true purpose of this suggestion.
    Last edited by Stihl; 05-16-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Soulwalker

I am sure Mommy and Daddy love you both, and your *****'s are of equal size ....

I can't wait to congratulate the raid team that first clears this brand new, non-practiced content. Oh wait...
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Primal Elite>

My point was if your goal was fairness, it would release on the weekend at a time acceptable to both regions. But there is something that makes me doubt that is the true purpose of this suggestion.
    its always midnight somewhere and mid workday somewhere else there is no way to appease the entire player base
    Prime Hunter Jupitr Abrasax the God Slayer @Hailol

Primogenitor Deadpool Wanda Wendy Wilson Lady of Death @Vigil

Telaran

Is this a fight about the fairness of world "firsts" clearing 7-year old video game raid content? Just want to clarify the terms of the idiocy I'm witnessing.
    Last edited by Thejones; 05-16-2018 at 12:34 PM.

I agree there will be no "FAIR" time for everyone.

However, what is all the hullabaloo bub? World Firsts are a joke now, they did use to mean something and they were hard earned accomplishments. These days they are a joke, pre-prime had some issues, but most especially after Prime came out. Give an instant-world first to the three top guilds upon servers coming up and call it done each time a new raid comes out. Then we can all move on to more important things.
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    I agree there will be no "FAIR" time for everyone.

However, what is all the hullabaloo bub? World Firsts are a joke now, they did use to mean something and they were hard earned accomplishments. These days they are a joke, pre-prime had some issues, but most especially after Prime came out. Give an instant-world first to the three top guilds upon servers coming up and call it done each time a new raid comes out. Then we can all move on to more important things.
    Agreed. Give me a 20man raid with a Silgin/Aky type of dps/hps check, mechanic difficulty and then we are talking.
    Pls respond

Champion

This is a load of fun nonsense.

For the last 14 years ever since Blizzard went and made it standard that these companies do their maintenances overnight opening the servers up to the west in the wee mornings on work days the europeans have had a substantial advantage in the world first for anything meaningful.

That being said, this is an mmorpg with one of the lowest numbers of players in the industry, no youtube presence and can barely manage two dozen total viewers on twitch and youtube streaming combined.

Are you trying to use the world first as a recruiting tool? Who are you recruiting? From what the general prime population sees in the chats the guilds pushing world first are only recruiting people that have already cleared and overgeared the content.

The sheer arrogance, ignorance and entitlement oozing from this thread can't be cleansed.

Plane Touched

This thread is funny and sad at the same time. lol

Shard firsts haven't meant anything since NMT when it actually took more than a day to progress/clear a raid. Now, it's all down to who can get in there first, which usually fits the EU timezone cause of their patch times.

If guilds wanna compete now, they'd be better off using a different criteria.. like time to clear from entering the raid or individual boss kill times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast