+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By Valavus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Soul Patch Feedback! [PRIME Version]

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: Soul Patch Feedback! [PRIME Version]

Here are the full patch notes for Prime:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...16-2018-a.html

We'd love to hear your thoughts!
    Brasse

Default Just read the patch notes for Warriors

I never got a chance to go onto the PTS, but with this morning's patch are we more competitive with DPS now? Is it still Para for ST and Champ for AE or did we get more souls to play with?

Or are we still just healers and tanks?

I have not seen any Mages and Rogues complain yet or Warriors rejoicing so I thought I would get the ball rolling.
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

Soulwalker

Default Recent balance changes

Hi all.
    In today's patch note it is said:
    "Our goal is to make more souls and combinations be more fun, competitive and satisfying choices for play"

Then it is written that they reverted the nerf on saboteur, defiler, runeshaper and mystic archer abilities they did previously.

I'm curious, please tell me how making those souls more powerful will help players trying other combinations, as they were already the only ones played????

Unless there is another nerf not described in the patch note, this is non sense and this stupid move definitely killed all other dps souls.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kehild View Post
    ...this is non sense and this stupid move definitely killed all other dps souls.

Tell me if I'm wrong.
    Yeah...I'm gonna go ahead and play the game before jumping to this conclusion. But I share your concerns after a quick read through of patch notes.

Plane Touched

Hi all.
    "Our goal is to make more souls and combinations be more fun, competitive and satisfying choices for play"

Then it is written that they reverted the nerf on saboteur, defiler, runeshaper and mystic archer abilities they did previously.

I'm curious, please tell me how making those souls more powerful will help players trying other combinations, as they were already the only ones played????

Unless there is another nerf not described in the patch note, this is non sense and this stupid move definitely killed all other dps souls.

Tell me if I'm wrong.
    Those notes regarding reverting the nerfs to those abilities are likely a mistake. They were unnerfed for a bit on PTS to see how they would be affected by the combat changes, but then renerfed.

Most likely they just copy/pasted the notes from PTS into todays notes.
    Last edited by Parkhyeyeon; 05-16-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Shadowlander

Hi all.

Tell me if I'm wrong.
    Because the new combat calculations changed the things wrong with the souls. The Elemental Barrage one is 100% not unnerfed though.

As a cleric, Druid Runeshaper and Defiler are all actually fairly balanced right now. Inquisitor and Shaman are leagues behind but it's impossible to balance them because they get their GCD reduction in SL, so those souls will have to wait until 60 cap to be viable. Overall I am happy where clerics are balance-wise within their own calling. Healing may or may not need a small buff compared to other classes, but meh. I'm happy to wait until 60 cap for that too so we can balance around all of the core abilities.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

Default All smiles here.

Woah.

I can't wait to try it all out. Personally very excited to dive into all the newly unlocked activities. Not knowing what I want to tackle first, is a very good thing. Fingers crossed for some of these souls, I would love to feel like I can play a wide selection of souls and still be on top if I put the work in.

There's a certain amount of sadistic behavior in letting us claim a wee greenscale pet, then drag it along to beat up dad. Poor lil guy is gonna be traumatized for life. Ho ho ho!
    Last edited by Loxe; 05-16-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    Healing may or may not need a small buff compared to other classes
    It may. The calling has 3 healing souls, yet only Warden has decent potential as a raid healer...which every other class can do just as well. Most people would use the "oh, it gets better at 60 etc." excuse. But from what I hear, cleric healing is a joke on live as well. Perhaps soul reworks in these trees can appear on a whiteboard soon, otherwise, A lot of us who healed very well for years in raids are gonna be left out in the cold. We aren't asking to be the best healers, just give us the chance to be an option.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Primal Elite>

Soulwalker

If I may, I would like to lend my voice to a request to evaluate the purifier healing line specifically, pre-level 40, and see if some minor adjustments could be made to earlier talents that might serve to keep that soul in line with rogue and warrior healing souls. I can't speak to sentinel, but on my purifier I struggle to keep up with damage being done to the tank, to where I can't even spare a GCD to refresh a mitigation buff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tempered Steel View Post
    If I may, I would like to lend my voice to a request to evaluate the purifier healing line specifically, pre-level 40, and see if some minor adjustments could be made to earlier talents that might serve to keep that soul in line with rogue and warrior healing souls. I can't speak to sentinel, but on my purifier I struggle to keep up with damage being done to the tank, to where I can't even spare a GCD to refresh a mitigation buff.
    Unfortunately, cleric healing souls really need some love from Trion.
    Not only purifier. I made a cleric in Prime because i love healing.
    What a fool.
    Last edited by Kehild; 05-16-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

My question is in the patch notes it says:

Mage Reverted the damage nerf to Elemental Barrage. ZAP!

I thought that on PTS they renerfed it as it was still too op.

On prime is it still nerfed or is it back to being op?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bakau View Post

On prime is it still nerfed or is it back to being op?
    Hasn't changed as far as I can tell..
    CHOO CHOO

12/12

Soulwalker

Analyzing all the changes is a challenge, as the fact they reverted the nerf on some abilities like mentioned above is not the reason for the huge increase in dps for clerics playing either runeshaper, druid or defiler.
    I tried these 3 specs and I have with all of them approximately a 50% increase in my dps.
    I have no raid gear, only expert gear, and i'm for example doing around 1.9k dps in ST with defiler now.
    Druid and runeshaper have similar dps.
    The changes likely come from this:

"COMBAT CHANGES:
    A pack of determined Devs has reworked the way combat damage is calculated, which fixes some issues with specific abilities dealing too much or too little damage as compared to the tooltip. Tooltip damage should now be accurate"

So overall, now Druid and defiler can clearly compete with runeshaper, but they all 3 do so much more damage than before that it probably let the other souls far behind.
    I still need to test inquisitor and shaman, I will do it today.

Cheers

The prime debuff reduced everyone's damage to 25%. This was removed and replaced with the combat calcs, which reduces everyone's damage to 38%. This means everyone, regardless of spec, will be doing 50% more damage than before the patch.

The combat calcs and buff stacking groups changed many bugged interactions, so several souls got buffed (shadeborn, harb) or nerfed because of it (sab).

Then there were bugfixes, which meant that some skills could be unnerfed (runeshaper, defiler, sab). Elemental Barrage was unnerfed at one point, but was way too op and reverted back to its nerfed state. The re-nerf was missed in the patch notes.

Some callings got straight buffs (Warriors) or nerfs (Mages) that were not bugfixes. Earthen Barrier healing getting cut in half was missed in the patch notes.

The tanks are all close. Arbiter struggles a little due to gearing difficulty.

Cleric healing is viable, but not competitive with the other three callings. Warden is likely their best contribution, but is outshined by lib and aoe/st hybrids like chlorofk. Puri is a nice QoL asset on lord greenscale but not necessary at all.

51 archon (if you have a lot of mages) and 48 BM are shoe-ins for raid supports. Bard and oracle will compete with each other for a spot.

51 Paragon, 48 Druid, 51 Bladedancer, and 43 Pyro are all extremely close to each other in raid dps currently. Defiler and Runeshaper are both strong and will be far easier to play optimally in raid, so clerics will likely play them instead of druid. 48 Elementalist is an easier alternative to 43 pyro while still pulling top tier dps. Sinsab is great for multitarget fights, but we shouldn't see any Sab variant on single target encounters. I haven't seen anything competitive from warrior aside from Paragon and BM. RB and Warlord were still underperforming on the PTS, but there may have been last minute changes slipped in.

A balance, of sorts, has been achieved. Everyone has at least 1 soul in each role that is desirable in a raid, which is great news. The larger picture is that the majority of souls are still worthless for anything but RP.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-17-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

The portal into Greenscale's Blight raid does not exist. If I try to enter it while in the raid group there is nothing there, just the gate.

You can only enter the instance through LFR.

Please put the portal back into the game.
    Last edited by Golden; 05-17-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

+ Reply to Thread