+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Expert Loot Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
    So why are essences still set at the post-SL/F2P prices? At 200 void stones per zone event, you have to complete 50 to get one vendor essence. I'd peg the zone event completion average at 1.5 per hour with the rate that invasions are currently spawning on Prime, but let's be generous and say it's 2 -- that's be 25 hours of gameplay if all you do is zone events. And there's usually significant downtime between (like right now, as I type this).

Expert bosses only give 60, if they drop at all, so you'd have to win the loot lottery on 167 expert boss kills to purchase a single vendor lesser.

Raid Rifts, meanwhile, have for some reason not been included in the personal loot system, so farming those is the usual "all effort, no reward" grind-fest that represents the worst of gear progression.

At level 50 cap on Live, you got 5-10 Inscribed Sourcestone from completing a high-level zone event, and essences cost 50. It was possible to grind out an entire source machine (say, for Resists, as we had to in some of the raids) in a week without an absurd amount of effort. Now it takes that long for a single essence. It's ridiculous.

And worse, because different raid roles require different source machines, it's an insurmountable barrier to the core appeal of RIft's soul system: switching raid comp on the fly to meet a challenge.
    So much for a fast progression server huh. It feels just as grindy as live right now. 10,000 voidstones for one vendor essence is ridiculous. Especially for those of us who play multiple roles that require two sets of armor/weapons/focuses. Questing is very slow in tank gear.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 04-30-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    Character: Wackywoo
    Shard: Zaviel /Wolfsbane/Prime
    New Player? Follow this Link and apply the below code for some free items!
    LP3MZ9G3T36F3YQ73EMM

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    So much for a fast progression server huh. It feels just as grindy as live right now. 10,000 voidstones for one vendor essence is ridiculous. Especially for those of us who play multiple roles that require two sets of armor/weapons/focuses. Questing is very slow in tank gear.
    Welcome to the grinders club, don't worry we have so much content :P, thats what we were keep trying to say since start.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    What about the Jewelry vendor that was supposed to come back for 1 more week?
    Unfortunately, the jewelry vendor was mugged by the patch build process and was not able to rejoin the other gear merchants. There is no plan for it to return at this point as by the time the next patch hits, the expert items will once again be dropping from their original bosses.

So there is a round up of change announcements and answers to frequently asked questions.
    Found that missing accessory merchant on PRIME PTS! It was a quick mugging!

Telaran

Well, after seeing so much outrage about the expert loot changes and having finally hit 50 on alt and having started to gear, it only confirms what I said before in this thread - gearing is faster than it was before. In 2 days I already got more epic gear pieces on my alt than I had in the first week on my main, to confirm this asked few other people and they confirmed that they also see really good epic gear drop rates.

Soulwalker

Anecdotes make for poor evidence.

Regardless, what many of said remains more true: we were left without access to hit gear to get into the raid slivers while the vendors were playing hooky. And now, despite having enough of the currencies for the desired pieces many of us wanted, we instead have to run the dungeons we were otherwise done with.

There's no reasonable explanation for failing to do what official posts stated would be done: replacing the vendors in question once the mistake was relayed to them. Instead, we were informed the vendors would not be coming back because what...it was going to be too hard to populate a vendor with the expert jewelry?

Still don't have the pieces I was going to purchase the day the vendor mysteriously disappeared. RNGesus hasn't smiled upon everyone as it may be smiling upon you and yours.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    Well, after seeing so much outrage about the expert loot changes and having finally hit 50 on alt and having started to gear, it only confirms what I said before in this thread - gearing is faster than it was before. In 2 days I already got more epic gear pieces on my alt than I had in the first week on my main, to confirm this asked few other people and they confirmed that they also see really good epic gear drop rates.
    I'm still doing experts. So far it has been 5 people, in 3 dungeons on about 16 bosses with 1 drop (a weapon and not my drop).

Anecdotal as is mine....

So... 5 * 16 = 80... 1/80 = 1.25% drop rate. I've either been incredibly unlucky or you've been incredibly lucky.
    Last edited by Porck; 05-05-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Porck View Post
    I'm still doing experts. So far it has been 5 people, in 3 dungeons on about 16 bosses with 1 drop (a weapon and not my drop).

Anecdotal as is mine....

So... 5 * 16 = 80... 1/80 = 1.25% drop rate. I've either been incredibly unlucky or you've been incredibly lucky.
    I'm so sorry. And don't you feel so future lucky that if you keep grinding those bosses, you'll eventually get a random drop for your class from them? I mean, you can't feel presently lucky about that future reward. There's literally no telling how many times you'll have to go back until you trigger it.

Does anyone have a loot table for the expert dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlood View Post
    Does anyone have a loot table for the expert dungeons?
    Here you go: http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...e=browse&id=33, even thou its a bit old, you can find all items there and then you can verify on rift.magelo.com
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Here you go: http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...e=browse&id=33, even thou its a bit old, you can find all items there and then you can verify on rift.magelo.com

Does it break down by class?
    Pls respond

Shadowlander

Default Vendor return

Any chance that TPTB have decided this change wasn't for the greater good/didn't have the desired outcome for the community, and it will be reverted?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3