+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DAILY CALENDAR: TROVE OF MOUNTS IS TEMPORARILY DISABLED

Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Default DAILY CALENDAR: TROVE OF MOUNTS IS TEMPORARILY DISABLED

Posting in the general section as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The Daily Calendar reward "Trove of Mounts" has a bad loot table and has been temporarily disabled.

The Trove will be fixed and unlocked in the next patch. No CS ticket is needed.

The box was giving out duplicate mounts (something it should NOT do) or no mounts at all. Any player that managed to collect their Trove in the hour it was available will be given a replacement Trove of Mounts after the patch goes out. Again, no CS ticket is needed.

Our apologies - I know many of you were very much looking forward to your next mount.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

So does this mean we get our mount after patch or are we just sol for another 28 days????

Our apologies - I know many of you were very much looking forward to your next mount.
    not many, more like your entire server base has been waiting for this. delaying this and pushing it out to next update is just plain lazy at this point. and seriously letting people double dip the trove just because they logged in at the right time?? wtf is your logic behind that??

normally some thing like this wouldn't bother me but after having to wait 41 days to get my mount trove because i signed up "late" as described by your customer service, this is really starting to get to me. does the word "random" mean something different or am i missing something?? a few people QQ'd about getting the same mount, better disable the whole feature for everyone because its not "working as intended". what about the few, if not more people who never got a trove on the first month trion? are you just going to tell us this isn't working as intended and make us wait another week so you can sort your **** out?

let the people who got "a random scaling mount" put their "random scaling mount" on the AH and QQ about getting the same "random scaling mount" while the rest of us get a "random scaling mount" that they may or may not have already had. Thanks again for nothing.
    Last edited by arrakis9; 04-21-2018 at 09:40 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Astirra View Post
    So does this mean we get our mount after patch or are we just sol for another 28 days????
    It means after the patch, if you have not yet collected your mount box, you will be able to do so. If you have collected the box, a replacement will be given.

Additionally, Archonix has asked that we set up a login bonus reward for everyone for the week following the update.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

It means after the patch, if you have not yet collected your mount box, you will be able to do so. If you have collected the box, a replacement will be given.

Additionally, Archonix has asked that we set up a login bonus reward for everyone for the week following the update.
    Thank you for your quick response!

There I was, like a kid at Christmas at 7am... Oh Boy! A Trove of Mounts! I pop it open and... like getting a pair of socks or a new toothbrush, there was a duplicate mount!
    I thought to rage, to come to the forums and rant... but I thought, something this disappointing, this useless could only be a mistake, a bug, so I waited to vent, and thankfully I was rewarded with an answer! Now, if you really want to make-up for your mistake, make the duplicate mount account bound so I can ship it over to my other character, then, THEN, much love.

EDIT: After I pulled my head from butt... I see the mount IS account bound duh.
    Last edited by Wonk; 04-21-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

So for those that did get to collect and didn't get a duplicate, does that mean they will lose the mount they got? There seemed to be quite a few happy and excited people in chat that day because they had got a mount they wanted.

Shadowlander

So for those that did get to collect and DID get a duplicate, does that mean they will get a THIRD mount??

Felt the need to bump this thread to point out that your 'fix' did literally nothing and people are experiencing the SAME issues that you said were going to fix.

And what even happened to this?
    Is it just another lie? There is nothing changed on the rewards Callander at all to back that statement.

GG Trion
    Last edited by arrakis9; 04-25-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Default Perhaps partially working?

I did not attempt to claim my Trove of Mounts on the 21st before the problem was discovered and disabled. When I attempted to claim it on the 21st, it was about 7 hours after the update that seems to have borked it up. When I tried to claim it, I got a message about my inventory being full (which is was not). So I figured that's how they locked it up since there was an issue.

Today, after update, I saw that the Trove of Mounts was fixed. I logged into my Prime account. I claimed my daily award, the Trove of Mounts, with no problem. I opened it. No problem. I got an Ash Strider. I collected the mount. It's nice. So it seems to work for me.

Pertinent Facts (that might help narrow the current, further issue)
    I never attempted to claim my Trove of Mounts before it was disabled.
    I only had 2 mounts (Progenitor White Tiger & Mossy Tartagon) so the chance of duplication was pretty low.

Some people in my guild got yet another duplicate mount today. Definately not fixed.

<O└d Skool>

Telaran

*Logs in to Prime all excited*
    Calendar has a big giant check mark.
    Nothing new in mount tab.
    Nothing new in my bags.
    Let down again! What?! Say it isn't so. Thanks Trion!

Soulwalker

*Logs in to Prime all excited*
    Calendar has a big giant check mark.
    Nothing new in mount tab.
    Nothing new in my bags.
    Let down again! What?! Say it isn't so. Thanks Trion!
    Same here. Another epic fail by Trion. Still have the duplicate mount in my bag, with no way to claim a replacement. We were assured "no ticket was needed."

DAILY CALENDAR: TROVE OF MOUNTS IS TEMPORARILY DISABLED-2018-04-25_135404.jpg

at this point youre litterally just taunting everyone that didnt get what they deserved for logging in and instead offering a guaranteed mount but only if you pay more money.

cash grab?
    cash grab.
    Last edited by arrakis9; 04-25-2018 at 01:33 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

We are investigating the issue of players that did not claim a Trove of Mounts showing it as having been claimed anyway on the calendar. I do not have more info on this yet.

As soon as we can figure out why some players are seeing it as claimed when they were previously unable to claim it, we plan to issue replacement boxes as well as to the players that claimed the Trove in the hour before it was disabled.

We just need to determine the cause first so we have a good set of log search parameters, but that is being actively investigated at this moment.

---

As far as the bonus Trove, we are still trying to sort out this issue so Archonix is planning to run the bonus Trove the following week instead once the primary issues are resolved.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    Some people in my guild got yet another duplicate mount today. Definately not fixed.
    I cannot replicate this. If you want to PM me some specific character names and what mount was duplicated after the patch this morning, I can dig deeper into logs. But on a surface level, I cannot recreate getting duplicates of collected mounts after many attempts across many characters.

One thing to keep in mind is that the box is not supposed to give you a duplicate of a mount (or a pet in the case of the pet box) that you already have collected. IF, for some reason, a character had the mount sitting in their bags uncollected and they open up an additional Trove of Mounts, they can certainly get a duplicate then, and that would be working as intended.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 04-25-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast