+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Prime Sliver feedback thread [Drowned Halls, Gilded Prophecy]

given the stat demands on the bosses I have encountered and the ability to max gear in only Expert Dungeon Gear and get lucky on a few Raid Rift Items, might I suggest something that existed back in vanilla where we got a second more rare currency, source stones, along side planarite from raid rifts that let us buy items from a vendor in SS, and then take that another step and put a full line of Raid Rift gear head to toe and accessories so we can gear up enough to handle the raids as is.

or

reduce the dps checks so we can actually finish the bosses despite losing multiple players to ae atks that we cannot mitigate any viable way other than derping bosses in ways they were not intended to be fought, ie kiting Anrak at the entrance when he reaches enrage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    losing multiple players to ae atks that we cannot mitigate any viable way
    I haven't seen any such mechanic since doing Charmer's Caldera (normal) at minimum level. What does this refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
    I haven't seen any such mechanic since doing Charmer's Caldera (normal) at minimum level. What does this refer to?
    I can only assume they mean Spines of Earth, which when solved properly is a joke. Also:

so we can actually finish the bosses despite losing multiple players
    I've never seen any one ask for an encounter to basically be possible to clear with 7 people (killing Anrak with several people dead.)
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
    yeah that is not a raid yer in the wrong forum

I was refering to things that cannot be interrupted that are in near max gear still capable of one shotting the target if other than the tank which due to random threat table resets happens more often than necessary

yeah that is not a raid yer in the wrong forum

I was refering to things that cannot be interrupted that are in near max gear still capable of one shotting the target if other than the tank which due to random threat table resets happens more often than necessary
    You meant the Tail Strike??? The almost 4 second cast when the boss roots itself and all you have to do is not be in front of it? That's called failing a mechanic. And there are no "random threat table resets", you just have bad tanks.
    Last edited by Stihl; 04-22-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Sadly there is not, you can see it from above SS, I showed for tanking anrak, that would be great if it comes
    Should be fixed in the next hotfix with something I've already done. When an instance is made using LFR it flags itself as an LFR type map, however if you queue as a premade it does not set this flag to avoid certain behaviors. On prime it will now just be LFR is always an LFR type map regardless of premade or not.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Telaran

To help iterate the problem with slivers currently:

This parse is me getting together with a few buddies, killing the trash up to Jorb, and me proceeding to solo heal AND tank jorb on the same build up until hard enrage to prove it could be done. They basically stood there and provided a bit of dps and bodies for me to heal:

I'm pretty sure this isn't even anywhere near optimized and I was able to do it on my 2nd try. I just decided to try it because Aileen linked a parse where he did 1800dps as a "tank" on the Jorb encounter.

This means you could run this comp: 1 tank/dps or tank/healer hybrid, 0-1 healer/dps, 7-8 dedicated DPS, 1 BM support.

If this doesn't help demonstrate the problem IDK what will. Fix the dps problem between classes/souls, fix mechanics so you actually need a proper dedicated tank and healing build.
    Last edited by ironstrix; 04-25-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by ironstrix View Post

This parse is me getting together with a few buddies, killing the trash up to Jorb, and me proceeding to solo heal AND tank jorb on the same build up until hard enrage to prove it could be done. They basically stood there and provided a bit of dps and bodies for me to heal:

I'm pretty sure this isn't even anywhere near optimized and I was able to do it on my 2nd try. I just decided to try it because Aileen linked a parse where he did 1800dps as a "tank" on the Jorb encounter.

This means you could run this comp: 1 tank/dps or tank/healer hybrid, 0-1 healer/dps, 7-8 dedicated DPS, 1 BM support.

If this doesn't help demonstrate the problem IDK what will. Fix the dps problem between classes/souls, fix mechanics so you actually need a proper dedicated tank and healing build.
    Well I wasn't going to post that parses on forums but yea, since there is no more toughness like vanilla and no "legendary hits" like live which also sucks to be honest and please don't add any legendary stuff to prime, you can basically tank all current encounters with tank stance and taunt only.

Best to use is we find out is healer-tank but I used that dps tank spec on pug run with people I know still doesn't change the fact it can be doable by all people and easily shows no real tank damage is there.
    Last edited by aileen; 04-26-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Well I wasn't going to post that parses on forums but yea, since there is no more toughness like vanilla and no "legendary hits" like live which also sucks to be honest and please don't add any legendary stuff to prime, you can basically tank all current encounters with tank stance and taunt only.

Best to use is we find out is healer-tank but I used that dps tank spec on pug run with people I know still doesn't change the fact it can be doable by all people and easily shows no real tank damage is there.
    Sorry to have called you out by name on the forums, I didn't mean to put you in an odd spot! But thank you for posting them anyways. I just thought it would be valuable to add to the discussion here.
    Strix @Vigil

Soulwalker

Any answer from a dev regarding the huge amount of feedback regarding the dps check which forces you to have sabs and the ridiculously low damages done by bosses which allow to not even do the mechanics??
    I've been waiting so bad to redo those vanilla raids, and seeing those feedbacks here makes me sad.
    Raids are supposed to be the pinnacle of difficulty in terms of heal and fighting mechanics.
    What is this???
    I love healing i raids. I don't want to play a game where 1 semi healer is enough for an entire raid.
    Please do not under tune Greenscales Blight as well and fix those 10-men raids asap...
    Last edited by Kehild; 04-26-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kehild View Post
    Any answer from a dev regarding the huge amount of feedback regarding the dps check which forces you to have sabs and the ridiculously low damages done by bosses which allow to not even do the mechanics??
    I've been waiting so bad to redo those vanilla raids, and seeing those feedbacks here makes me sad.
    Raids are supposed to be the pinnacle of difficulty in terms of heal and fighting mechanics.
    What is this???
    I love healing i raids. I don't want to play a game where 1 semi healer is enough for an entire raid.
    Please do not under tune Greenscales Blight as well and fix those 10-men raids asap...
    It's such a weird thing... the undertuned mechanics are actually what might make it possible for somewhat average DPS to actually beat these fights lol. Just requires someone who knows what they're doing as a tank and healer to lead the group. It brings the DPS checks down from ~1.8k per DPS to ~1.5k per DPS.

Given that slivers should be the next step up from expert dungeon gear it would make sense to ask for 1.5k X 5-6 DPS (1-2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 support) to meet the DPS checks sufficiently. This would allow you to fix mechanics to do the right amounts of damage and not have everyone failing the DPS checks all the time. Currently if you're not firing on all cylinders with 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 BM, 7 DPS then you're not gonna meet these tight enrage timers.

TL;DR: too much boss HP, not enough boss damage, not enough mechanics damage, broken scaling on some stuff (Hydriss, Thalguur), and 0 flexibility because of soul balance.
    Strix @Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by ironstrix View Post
    [snip]
    You can do this on Ragetide, on Guurloth, on Thalguur, probably on Hydriss, and possibly on Uruluuk. I would say Frostkeeper is the problem, but if you nerf FK, Warchanter is exactly the same (I guess Warriors get a second!! raid spot then?). The bosses are severely undertuned. The problem is, if you tune them properly, it's going to be absolutely terrible gameplay.

Healing throughput is absolutely bonkers, not just in FK but in WC, in Phys, and even in 51 Chloro. To create appreciable tank damage that requires both a proper tank spec, proper tank gear, and a full heal spec, bosses will have to be basically two-shotting tanks. Which is... not fun. For anyone.

What they really need to do is go through and rebalance all the healing souls and massively increase tank damage, but that will never happen. So instead we'll just get the "bring whatever can stack the most shields" meta again, or else it will continue as it's been in GP or DH.
    Last edited by Torankusu; 04-26-2018 at 10:42 PM.

It's strange that the prime nerf applied to damage but not to healing. Also the fact that Prime nerf is additive with anything is absolutely hilarious. Trying to hold threat on the hydriss sea spawn while doing zero damage is some BrokeBack stuff
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

Telaran

Has anyone seen Magetankgear in the 10's, except for the rings that are originally Cleric?
    If not, where should we get our weapons from?
    How long would it take to buy the second set of equipment completely, if nothing drops?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aijate View Post
    Has anyone seen Magetankgear in the 10's, except for the rings that are originally Cleric?
    If not, where should we get our weapons from?
    How long would it take to buy the second set of equipment completely, if nothing drops?
    I haven't seen any mage tanking gear as drops from the bosses. This means that expert concat loot with guard is the best weapons you'll be getting for tanking currently. Then again, tanking raids is such a snoozefest right now it really doesn't matter.

As for how long it will take to get a full set of equipment? A while. If you "casually" raid (2/4 GP bosses, 3/4 DH bosses) then that's 50 "free" marks per week without IRCs. Let's say you farm some IRCs and grind a few more bosses every day, then you're looking at maybe another 50 marks for a total of 100 marks a week. You do the math on how long it's gonna take to get raid geared.

But with current drop rates I can tell you that you'll only get marks about 70% of the time. You will get actual loot from the raids on your way to earning the marks for the BiS vendor gear. So it will definitely take you more bosses than what I listed above.
    Strix @Vigil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast