• 1 Post By Hapache515
  • 3 Post By Arubaluba
  • 2 Post By Dixa
  • 1 Post By angelgress
  • 1 Post By Dixa

Thread: Random Normal/Expert Dungeon daily rewards

Shadowlander

Default Random Normal/Expert Dungeon daily rewards

Since the release of RR's and now raids, there has been no motivation for many level 50 players to do random experts and normal dungeons. The daily reward is what motivated most of us to do our one daily random normal/expert dungeon, and was the only reason players still working through that content were able to get a queue to pop.

The current reward is 75 void stones, which is less that you get from one crafting daily or tagging a zone event and in no way warrants risking up to an hour in a dungeon or getting a PUG with insufficient DPS to pass hard DPS checks in expert CC/DSM.

if the daily LFG dungeon rewards are not made relevant and sufficient to encourage players run them, the queue issues for lower level/geared players will get progressively worse. I don't recall what they were, but I remember running them daily, even when fully raid geared. This also motivated players to log in daily, rather than just raid logging.

Like many others, I no longer need expert marks so I generally don't run dungeons and wouldn't run randoms if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by angelgress View Post
    I don't recall what they were, but I remember running them daily, even when fully raid geared. This also motivated players to log in daily, rather than just raid logging.

Like many others, I no longer need expert marks so I generally don't run dungeons and wouldn't run randoms if I did.
    Random Normal/Expert Dungeon daily rewards-vanilla-lfg.jpg

The lfg tool wasn't released until 1.2. The original rewards were expert marks, but back then you couldn't get 2 pieces of vendor gear worth of marks from running through the experts once. Raid marks weren't added as a random reward until 1.4, and that was only for T2s. If you remember running them at all while being significantly overgeared, that wasn't until after 1.8 and Infernal Dawn released and Infernal Marks of Ascension were added. Which btw caused a decent uproar about being able to "Get ID gear without ever setting foot in a raid."

If anything it should reward more void stones to help make filling out essences easier. The rest of the gear is handed out like candy.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Shadowlander

Any reward that motivates players to do their daily and enables people leveling/gearing up to get a queue works for me.

I played 1.2(?) (Whenever ROS dropped) through SL, until they added the Cash Shop, I was probably recalling when ID marks were the reward.
    Last edited by angelgress; 04-19-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Soulwalker

This would be nice, if for nothing else to motivate folks who are geared to complete the dungeon with folks just starting experts.

Last few days I have had a healer who just stopped healing and a tank who kept saying im bad and mean, please vote kick me. Why? Because the groups DPS wasnt what they thought it should be.

I think I have done 4 pugs since hitting 50, two of which are the examples above. I cant even buy one piece of expert gear yet.

If this kind of behavior doesnt stop, those who are just getting into experts are going to flat out quit due to not being able to finish a expert and taking forever to even get one piece of gear.

How is this good for the server?

Soulwalker

More void stones (500+?) would definitely make me a bit more inclined to run my daily random experts. Adding the choice of raid marks as they are released would also be nice.

As an aside, some additional uses for expert marks themselves would also be appreciated, once you're geared they just sit there taking up a bag slot. High level rare crafting materials or premade consumables would be a nice thing to be able to dump extra marks on, and would further encourage raiders continuing to run experts after getting geared.

Shadowlander

Default Bump

I don't think there was ever a consensus on what rewards to add, but since GSB opened I have heard the expert queues are worse.

Anyone know what rewards could be added to entice geared 50's to do their random daily expert/normals?

Most of us have more void stones/planarite/primal valor sigils/expert marks/plat than we can spend nowadays. Until we come up with a solution, the queue times will only get worse and the expert vendor changes are forcing new 50's to sit in queues until they rage quit.

Champion

it needs to rewards 2-5 expert marks. there are so few queue'ng atm when you do get it to pop, the measly 3-5 you might end up with when your pieces are starting to cost 24-30 each is a little disheartening, and it begins to feel like an insurmountable goal.

right now, end game is not accessible unless you are being carried by a guild who will take you undergeared to a raid. it will stay this way until SL comes to the server and it all resets. there is nothing you can do now that will fix this outside of bringing that weapon vendor back

Shadowlander

I'm sitting on about 200 expert marks currently and have no need for them. I like running experts, but get nothing out of it, and I'm sure most 50s are in the same boat. It would be nice if the rewards pulled in geared and experienced 50s to help those just starting out.

Long queue times are a progression gate we don't want fresh 50s, or people leveling in normals stuck behind.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by angelgress View Post
    I'm sitting on about 200 expert marks currently and have no need for them. I like running experts, but get nothing out of it, and I'm sure most 50s are in the same boat. It would be nice if the rewards pulled in geared and experienced 50s to help those just starting out.

Long queue times are a progression gate we don't want fresh 50s, or people leveling in normals stuck behind.
    you highlighted the main problem here.

the ONLY way this is going to be fixed is if that vendor is brought back, so fresh 50's do not have to grind specific bosses for specific loot as their only method to get the gear they need beyond the token bought armor and crystal. by bringing that vendor back, players can eventually get that weapon with enough runs in case rng works against them.

pulling that vendor was such a bad, bad move and the loot changes were not a good reason. the loot changes were good changes, but that does not mean that a vendor to circumvent bad luck with rng drops is not also needed.

Shadowlander

I agree, we need to promote the level 50 population. If there are no expert queues fresh 50's will be stuck behind a gear gate unless they get carried through raids with guilds.

They could do a lot of things to make people more interested, a few raid marks plus plat, just a large amount of plat, planarite, void stones.

Or add them all in and let the person choose the reward they need/want once they complete the expert. I think having a range like that would work the best because it draws more people in depending on what they need.

No idea of amounts though maybe 500 void stones or 1000 planarite or 5 plat or 3 raid marks plus one plat?

Just like the idea of a range of rewards.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sabeer View Post
    I agree, we need to promote the level 50 population. If there are no expert queues fresh 50's will be stuck behind a gear gate unless they get carried through raids with guilds.

They could do a lot of things to make people more interested, a few raid marks plus plat, just a large amount of plat, planarite, void stones.

Or add them all in and let the person choose the reward they need/want once they complete the expert. I think having a range like that would work the best because it draws more people in depending on what they need.

No idea of amounts though maybe 500 void stones or 1000 planarite or 5 plat or 3 raid marks plus one plat?

Just like the idea of a range of rewards.

i like the raid mark idea. maybe 2 raid marks per daily instead of the voidstones? that's what, 6 per day? still take a bit to get a raid piece but you WILL get a piece eventually

i just don't see it enough. the biggest incentive for mains and alts was that damned vendor. the weekend before he was to be yanked the expert queue was on FIRE

Soulwalker

Please trion add a daily reward. It was getting brutal gearing up 3 weeks ago for raids, I can't imagine how annoying it is now. Hell even comparing the amount of GSB/GP/DH runs from last week to this week is already night and day.

With the 30-49 exp buff, and this 50% exp weekend I was tempted to level a new character. But knowing that at 50, the queue times and the lack of runs that may occur I decided to not do it.

Also 2-3 raid marks? noo that is way too low. I don't even feel the incentive to do a first boss GP for 10 marks, why would I do a expert for 2.
    Last edited by sipep; 05-25-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

People have been begging Trion to do this for months. It is a smart and common sense change.. Which is why they will never do it.
    Last edited by Dwops; 05-25-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Plane Touched

I wish they would do something to alleviate the gear grind a bit... For someone who can't play 8+ hours a day I am really starting to feel like I have no place here on Prime. I'd like to play more than I currently do, but there seems to be no point. Everything feels hopelessly out of reach and keeps getting further and further away.

I hit 50 after the vendor was pulled. By the time I got enough hit to participate even a little bit in raids, noone was even doing raid rifts anymore. And the few DH/GP groups that pop up want achievements and DPS amounts that I still have no hope of reaching.

PvP BiS runes? forget it. I queued for 3 hours the other day and never got a pop... There is no way I will ever get enough favor at this point to buy them. Sometimes you get a group of people farming them and the queues pop reasonably. But then you get thrown into WF's with people with twice the gear I have and just get owned with no hope of winning. And only receive a small trickle of favor.

I still could get some upgrades from experts. But those queues have all but dried up there as well. On weeknights I often log with only been able to do complete 1 if any at all in several hours of queuing as support/healer. I would queue as tank, but yeah right... I would have to build a set of tank gear first... I haven't even been able to complete my dps set, that just seems impossible at this point.

I want to play the game. I want to progress and participate. I loved Rift and would like to see the content I enjoyed so much again, as well as the stuff I missed. But that goal is more impossible every day as those of us who fell behind see no adjustment to prices, no effort put into giving us a way to catch up, and no incentives for anyone to play the game with us.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 05-26-2018 at 07:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread