+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please no!!

Rift Disciple

Default Please no!!

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...e-13th-dev-qa/

What loot system will raids such as Greenscale, River of Souls, etc. be using on Prime?
    Individual loot!

Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalize11 View Post
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...e-13th-dev-qa/

What loot system will raids such as Greenscale, River of Souls, etc. be using on Prime?
    Individual loot!

We won't be spending time on these raids for months like it was on live. Since prime is releasing the content at a quicker pace, the method of individual loot makes sense, since the majority will be geared up for upcoming content after Greenscale. That's me guessing of course.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
    We won't be spending time on these raids for months like it was on live. Since prime is releasing the content at a quicker pace, the method of individual loot makes sense, since the majority will be geared up for upcoming content after Greenscale. That's me guessing of course.
    ^

Also it allows them to be in LFR, without personal loot they would be unable to be added to LFR.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Quote Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
    Prime is or will be releasing content at a quicker pace? My time comparison shows it being slower than the original release.

Didn't they also say on live stream they've slowed it down on purpose as well?

Having personal loot in raid means fairness is based purely on RNG. One week a guildie might get 4 upgrades and you won't get any. It destroys any class competitive spirit. In the beginning they said GSB loot would be tradeable within the raid, which actually makes sense because they gear can A. Be funneled to a new recruit trying to catch up in progression. B. Spread equally among the guild. Or C guilds done with the content can just sell the runs for those costly guild upgrades.

To me it seems like a poor design decision on par with T2 experts having the same loot table as T1 experts.

Rift Disciple

Both having a faster pace and balancing around that faster pace i believe is still not a good idea.

Progression means alot less, the promised land of end game at each stage means alot less, grinding and current achievements becomes redundant alot quicker, balance would need to be tuned also - needing to make everything more user friendly for the casual majority to be able to engage with a decent amount of end game, before needing to move on. (LFR is a good example, but i mean general base numbers/challenge/tuning that affects the rest of the player base also)

We get gear from raids thrown at us via individual loot and double lockouts to keep up with the pace, turning raids into more of a gimmick than the shining pinnacle of all of the above.

Why intend to go so fast, as the base plan? people say things are subject to change, but how easy and possible is that change if the entire Prime balance and system is centered around this base idea? Like double raid lockouts, personal loot, LFR, specific balancing, etc etc.

Who thought it would be a good idea to just rush us through the old content? It's the main reason the majority of the people are playing this.

Edit: Not intending to have this last long, from the very start (is worrying enough, but) makes me wonder if it's lack of confidence in the idea of and interest in this, or lack of confidence of being able to provide an adequate state of it to keep people from leaving. After seeing all the imbalance of characters, instances, events, vendors, bugs, performance issues etc, im guessing it's the latter.

Having us be the beta testers was not a good start.
    Last edited by whiskiz; 04-16-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Man, I was so relieved to see IRC in raids. This makes it easier for me to get gear on my own, and still be able to participate in gearing up my fellow guildies on event nights.

Such relief, I was stressing.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ting View Post
    Prime is or will be releasing content at a quicker pace? My time comparison shows it being slower than the original release.

Didn't they also say on live stream they've slowed it down on purpose as well?

Having personal loot in raid means fairness is based purely on RNG. One week a guildie might get 4 upgrades and you won't get any. It destroys any class competitive spirit. In the beginning they said GSB loot would be tradeable within the raid, which actually makes sense because they gear can A. Be funneled to a new recruit trying to catch up in progression. B. Spread equally among the guild. Or C guilds done with the content can just sell the runs for those costly guild upgrades.

To me it seems like a poor design decision on par with T2 experts having the same loot table as T1 experts.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskiz View Post
    Both having a faster pace and balancing around that faster pace i believe is still not a good idea.

Progression means alot less, the promised land of end game at each stage means alot less, grinding and current achievements becomes redundant alot quicker, balance would need to be tuned also - needing to make everything more user friendly for the casual majority to be able to engage with a decent amount of end game, before needing to move on. (LFR is a good example, but i mean general base numbers/challenge/tuning that affects the rest of the player base also)

We get gear from raids thrown at us via individual loot and double lockouts to keep up with the pace, turning raids into more of a gimmick than the shining pinnacle of all of the above.

Why intend to go so fast, as the base plan? people say things are subject to change, but how easy and possible is that change if the entire Prime balance and system is centered around this base idea? Like double raid lockouts, personal loot, LFR, specific balancing, etc etc.

Who thought it would be a good idea to just rush us through the old content? It's the main reason the majority of the people are playing this.

Edit: Not intending to have this last long, from the very start (is worrying enough, but) makes me wonder if it's lack of confidence in the idea of and interest in this, or lack of confidence of being able to provide an adequate state of it to keep people from leaving. After seeing all the imbalance of characters, instances, events, vendors, bugs, performance issues etc, im guessing it's the latter.

Having us be the beta testers was not a good start.
    Their plan is to catch up to live servers and they're not going to take the next 7 years to do so. In the beginning, their plan was to roll out everything within a year or so = progression server. Their plan also seem to be on releasing content by relying on the majority's progression. Once enough players have progressed on the current content, more content will be added. You need to take into consideration that they don't have a concrete plan so everything is subject to change. There're specs, talents, etc. that were not part of vanilla which are causing problems and balance issues currently and they're trying to address them. Within about a year, we have Ember Isle, Storm Legion content, Nightmare Tide content, Planetouched and Starfall Prophecy content to play. What happens after we catch up to live? Who knows. Prime might merge with live, Prime will remain along side F2P, or F2P dies and Prime will now be live. Until then, we're on the road to progression.

Shadowlander

Default 100% Ok with this

Ppl whinge enough to me when I'm ML of raid rifts, personal loot in raids means i won't have to deal with that drama

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

To clarify a few possible points of concern/interest:

1) The gear in the raids is indeed IRC, but it is NOT concats. The class loot tables are built from the loot that was on that boss. I did add a few mage tank items to these tables.

2) The raid gear vendor will have the old raid gear, but I also created a mage tank set to place on the store. The raid vendor will not show up until GSB is on.

3) Drowned Halls and Gilded Prophecy will also be using personal loot in this same model. You will have a chance to see this in action momentarily, before GSB turns on.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Pleasantly surprised to see the addition of a mage tank set. Thanks for the update!
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

Am I the only one that would rather have raid released 1 by 1 and them being hard instead of getting 3 raids within a few days.

So many raids coming out at once is quite silly. Too many things to do in a week time which will create a huge gap between people with a job and unemployed.

It's following the same road that lead Anket Prophecy to a dissapointement for many players :
    - 1 spec by class playable per role
    - total unbalance
    - RNG loot
    - and maybe .. rollface raids. We will see if they are harder than the joke expert was.
    - PvP *facepalm*

Prime is fun, just dont add to it all the small things that makes live bad.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 04-17-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    Vigil : @Kreezhem Rogue lvl 50

<Eyes of Eternity>: EU PVE guild is now recruiting.

Rift Disciple

Default Please get rid of the RNG!

Personal loot is fine but it is totally frustrating to see one member in the raid get fully geared in 2-3 runs where as another working just a hard and contributing equally receive no gear after 10 runs. And, yes! it is that bad. For some reason, it seems RNG picks on certain accounts too,

I know that is the nature of RNG but how long would you be working at a company if they used RNG to determine if you get a paycheck?

If you insist it must be RNG, please give those that missed out extra raid currency to make up for it and give them the opportunity to stay at an even level by being able to buy the gear necessary to advance with their group.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    To clarify a few possible points of concern/interest:

1) The gear in the raids is indeed IRC, but it is NOT concats. The class loot tables are built from the loot that was on that boss. I did add a few mage tank items to these tables.

2) The raid gear vendor will have the old raid gear, but I also created a mage tank set to place on the store. The raid vendor will not show up until GSB is on.

3) Drowned Halls and Gilded Prophecy will also be using personal loot in this same model. You will have a chance to see this in action momentarily, before GSB turns on.
    Mage tank gear! Thank you Tacitus!
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Taeve View Post
    Personal loot is fine but it is totally frustrating to see one member in the raid get fully geared in 2-3 runs where as another working just a hard and contributing equally receive no gear after 10 runs. And, yes! it is that bad. For some reason, it seems RNG picks on certain accounts too,

I know that is the nature of RNG but how long would you be working at a company if they used RNG to determine if you get a paycheck?

If you insist it must be RNG, please give those that missed out extra raid currency to make up for it and give them the opportunity to stay at an even level by being able to buy the gear necessary to advance with their group.
    RNG is evil.

During Storm Legion there was no individual loot in raids. I think my cleric ran Triumph of the Dragon Queen for about 8 months without ever seeing that tank mace from it drop, let alone get to loot it. Never saw the one drop from Frozen Tempest, either; TDQ was easier to farm though.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that RNG fails people only when it's individual loot. The old loot system still locked people out of necessary gear upgrades just as badly.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Shadowlander

Thanks for the info tactius! pretty keen myself

Was just wondering if personal loot means we won't be locked to the instance?

If i clear DH with 1 team, will I be able to go help out other guildies do it again later in the week?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast