+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Clarification on Rift Prime Test Dummies

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Clarification on Rift Prime Test Dummies

Last week I posted a question for Fridays livestream regarding Dimension Dummies, the response was the following on the Official Blog Post.

The answer from Amary is a misunderstanding

Dimension Test Dummies – we are finding the only ones we can hit at the moment are Mathosian Practice Dummies BUT a level 38 can hit it. Can we please have correct test Dummies at a lower cost?

Amary noted: this is a bug to be reported; I haven’t even heard of this as a thing! So the answer is no.
    Apologies, I wasn't clear. For clarification:

Currently we have these dummies:

Clarification on Rift Prime Test Dummies-capture36.jpg
    Clarification on Rift Prime Test Dummies-capture35.jpg
    Clarification on Rift Prime Test Dummies-capture34.jpg

The first Raiding dummy originally is the "Raiding Boss Practice" which a current level 50 cannot hit because hit value has been changed from 200 to 120. Some current Level 50's have 200 hit but its not consistent to test if we have people who can meet 1200 dps on a boss.

Currently on Prime a level 50 with 150 hit can only hit the "Mathosian Practice Dummy" which is correct because its meant to be for anyone so a level 38 can hit it. This means Level 50's currently do not have any practice dummy with correct values to parse for GSB.

Questions:

- Are the Dummies in main cities correct to suit changes to Rift Prime hit values?
    - Will Rift Prime have the correct dummies soon or will we be relying on Omega PTS which would need these updated?
    - Will these correct dummies become available for Dimensions?

TLDR: Rift Prime Test Dummies need updated moving forward if hit is to be changed for each raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The first Raiding dummy originally is the "Raiding Boss Practice" which a current level 50 cannot hit because hit value has been changed from 200 to 120. Some current Level 50's have 200 hit but its not consistent to test if we have people who can meet 1200 dps on a boss.
    Ok this is gold, while I'm with you we need raiding dummies for 50 content, let me clear something for you.

Dimensions released with Storm Legion which means we actually never had any raiding dummies for 50 content, that dummy you referred is equal to 62 level t1 raid boss (means needing 400hit). So no matter how much hit you have, you won't able to dps on it because of resistance, armor values on it also RIFT has a 2 levels in range system, so if you are 3 level below than any monster you will do less damage and take higher damage than being 2 level below. Thats why people who didn't know it but joined AP/CC as level 47 and were taking lots of more damage than they reached 48 with 0 gear change etc.

But still I'm with you we need 50 raiding dummies.
    Last edited by aileen; 04-16-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Rift Disciple

all the raiding boss practice dummies actually seem to even say the level of them on the vendor. how did you think it would be a level 50 dummy?

The Dungeon Practice Boss dummy is the one that got me. I figured it might be level 50, but i think it is 60 or 70 as well.

After buying them I seem to think that the price tag is the closest indicator of the level range of the dummies (for those that don't have a level listed)
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Artifa View Post
    all the raiding boss practice dummies actually seem to even say the level of them on the vendor. how did you think it would be a level 50 dummy?

The Dungeon Practice Boss dummy is the one that got me. I figured it might be level 50, but i think it is 60 or 70 as well.

After buying them I seem to think that the price tag is the closest indicator of the level range of the dummies (for those that don't have a level listed)
    Yup Dimension dummies like everything Dimensions were released in Storm Legion so it stands that we need them for Level 50 content but not only that the current ones in main cities are causing some confusion.

Curious also if GSB will be the only raid that has its hit value changed. Might not need any changes other than this one for the future but can only guess.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-16-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Rift Master

Provided that Mathosian dummies are for level 50 mobs, there should be no difference in damage done to them compared to having expert and raid boss dummies. The only difference is hit, thus making you miss if you don't have enough.

Resist and armor should be the same for any mob or boss that is of level 50 (to 52). It's like that will all lvl 60+ dummies from what i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Provided that Mathosian dummies are for level 50 mobs, there should be no difference in damage done to them compared to having expert and raid boss dummies. The only difference is hit, thus making you miss if you don't have enough.

Resist and armor should be the same for any mob or boss that is of level 50 (to 52). It's like that will all lvl 60+ dummies from what i recall.
    Yes also this is correct but some people wants to test if their raid members, applicants have enough dps against correct hit required dummy and how much they do with raid debuffs etc. Typically raid test dummies 67 level and 72 level ones having raid debuffs on them, thou 72 one has incorrect spotters order value, we need same kind of dummy for 50 content.

To clarify it all dummies having same amount of armor i did test on meridian dummies and mathosian dummy on my dimension.

As you can see they all taking 21 damage from my planar vortex, but like I said we need debuffed dummy to check how much we are pulling on raid enviroment, besides that current mathosian dummies doing same job as other ones.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Touched

And as Side notice: I had to buy the dummies first and use them in my dimension to see what level they were for.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    As you can see they all taking 21 damage from my planar vortex, but like I said we need debuffed dummy to check how much we are pulling on raid enviroment, besides that current mathosian dummies doing same job as other ones.
    If i remember correctly only the dummies on PTS had this. Then when the level 70 ones were finally added to the game this appeared on them. Quite a few of us were wondering how so and if it was even intended.

You can still simulate the raid conditions by having the raid players with you, if that is desired. Having a debuffed dummy wont achieve that and as such is no different than the normal dummy.

+ Reply to Thread