+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashfalladorn

Thread: Lantern Hook is an absolute mess

Soulwalker

Default Lantern Hook is an absolute mess

It isn't even exaggerated when I say that 50% of the time LH is unclearable as mobs get stuck in various locations and prevent progression through the dungeon.

Something has to be done about the pathing of the monsters. How are they allowed to run through SOLID objects. Honestly, the pathing is insane.
    Vigil Player - Unluckiest[Mage Tank/Dps]

The bugs are pathing issues as a result of people dying / wipe. And if you do die, don't respawn until all the mobs are dead or the pack you're fighting resets.

In general LH is one of the easiest dungeons. Don't overpull (don't double pull the first two packs!!), know where the ranged guys are, know where each Sentry goes. The bugs are much more rare if you keep the runs clean.

I agree that is a hot mess and I always joke we're playing Rift Early Access, but it goes a long way to play it clean.

Rift Disciple

The pyromancer boss generates threat on the healer during the whole pre-boss add waves, and then is untauntable
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by Artifa View Post
    The pyromancer boss generates threat on the healer during the whole pre-boss add waves, and then is untauntable
    It is tauntable and healer can stay los to the boss for a few extra seconds so tank can grab aggro. As long as dps gets out immediately its unlikely pillar will pop on healer.

It just feels untauntable because once he starts casting fireball at the healer if he's undergeared or not at full hp it's instant lights out.

Shadowlander

He's immune to warrior taunts. I stayed in the alcove and he popped in and killed me. Warrior threat generation sucks. Rogue tanks can pull off of me, but every single warrior tank ends up with a dead healer.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    It is tauntable and healer can stay los to the boss for a few extra seconds so tank can grab aggro. As long as dps gets out immediately its unlikely pillar will pop on healer.

It just feels untauntable because once he starts casting fireball at the healer if he's undergeared or not at full hp it's instant lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamafk View Post
    He's immune to warrior taunts.
    To cleric taunts as well. Lazy Justicars let the healer die then use their in-combat ressurection to get the healer back up, others use their toolkit to out-aggro the healer on the add phase.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

I was Warrior tanking in LH with Iamafk. I hit the second boss with spark and the graphic over his head said "Immune" next to the spark picture.

If you wanna cheese it, have two healers, let one die, then the aggro will go to the tank just fine. Combat rez the dead healer and have them switch to a DPS class...problem solved :P

(not really, it's a band aid for a bug, but it works).
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

Telaran

For me as Magetank the boss is absolutely easy.
    I transfer the aggro from the healer to me during the add phase, usually it's mine, one or two punches are enough if everything does not go according to plan.
    No one has to die and a second healer is not necessary.
    For that I have problems with others. So life is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aijate View Post
    For me as Magetank the boss is absolutely easy.
    I transfer the aggro from the healer to me during the add phase, usually it's mine, one or two punches are enough if everything does not go according to plan.
    No one has to die and a second healer is not necessary.
    For that I have problems with others. So life is.
    Ya, but you're a REAL tank, not like a Warrior...

Rift Disciple

The instance is terribly broken, but I have some tips and tricks to help avoid/fix problems.

1. Just clear all the trash. Don't try to skip a few on the bottom floor before going up with Opal, they almost always just come right up the stairs as soon as the tank goes up with Opal. Don't skip any sentries on the Rorf floor. Seriously, it will take the tank 2 seconds to pull them and 0 extra heals for the healer. Sab will kill the trash pack just as fast and you'll have less to worry about.

2. I think most people know this, but if monsters get stuck in the walls/floor/ceiling and are inevitably focused on the healer, the whole group is just going to have to go downstairs and upstairs until the monsters want to come out. It usually happens on the Rorf floor, and the tank needs to take them off the healer asap.

3. In the Pyromaster room, I strongly suggest both the tank and the healer get out of the LOS hiding corner before Pyromaster spawns, because most issues of him falling through the floor (at which point I've seen him get stuck in the wall or fall to the Rorf floor where he can be killed) seem to come from having the players he has aggro on being LOS at the beginning.

4. Healer targets Pyromaster and focuses heals on themselves, while also kiting/LOS him to avoid getting hit 2 times close together. I've found that just running in circles in the area where you LOS the adds leading up to him works well. He will chase you and not be able to cast much, and the tank will eventually get aggro and the fight will proceed as normal. Yes, this especially sucks with Warrior tanks, at least Mage and Cleric seem to be able to pull the boss off the healer fairly quickly.

That's about it.

Telaran

Just when Frostkeeper healed a warrior tank at the second boss, no one died, no support was needed. The solution works for everyone, even at Noobtanks, just seen.

1. No Earthen barrier on tank. (Produces extremely aggro no matter where)
    2. Tank needs to get the aggro of all adds.
    3. Healer may use only minor healing, and NO oh **** heal.
    So heal homeopathic, not with the big clubs.

Thus, as a healer, I had little or no aggro. Finished.
    Not Buggy, only Mechanic.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

I tank LH all the time as a warrior void/pally spec and I used to struggle with the pyromancer too. The key is to interupt cinder burst and fireball, easily done with 2 interupts. In my experience itís the fireball that one hits healers, as long as he doesnít get it off your fine. If your healer does go down you can get by with a healing type support and cycling your cooldowns. He does minimal damage without his spells. It goes without saying make sure no one stands in the pillars of fire

Quote Originally Posted by Fingfangfoom View Post
    I tank LH all the time as a warrior void/pally spec and I used to struggle with the pyromancer too. The key is to interupt cinder burst and fireball, easily done with 2 interupts. In my experience itís the fireball that one hits healers, as long as he doesnít get it off your fine. If your healer does go down you can get by with a healing type support and cycling your cooldowns. He does minimal damage without his spells. It goes without saying make sure no one stands in the pillars of fire
    Fireball is a yellow cast and uninterruptible.

+ Reply to Thread