+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Why I am hovering over the unsub button

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Hammerheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default Why I am hovering over the unsub button

    Overtuned dungeon bosses, ability lag and completely unacceptable class balance.

    I can accept these from a new game, but this is hardly a new game. I think Trion had a great idea when it decided to do a progression server from vanilla on, but I don't think they understood the scope of what they were trying to achieve. Copying a live server and adding restrictions to it was, at best, a sub-par method of starting this whole thing out. I don't think they anticipated what the repercussions would be.

    Currently this game plays like a private server barring one thing, communication. Sometimes Trion reps pop up in various threads but overall their communications on the variety of issues has been lackluster. The same issues have been plaguing the game for the last month now and with the exception of a few patch notes, Trion hasn't communicated in the slightest what it hopes to fix in the coming weeks. Warriors have been abandoned, Soul Trees never should have been live copies, bosses that are still way overtuned are still ruining pugs, and on top of it all they are afraid to touch class balance because it will affect live. This was probably the largest and worst oversight they could have perpetrated.

    On the surface this just appears to be common dev issues, but I'm beginning to think the real purpose behind rift prime was just a cash stimulus.
    \

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple TheFuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Im not hovering anymore. Trust me Ive started playing something else. Prime was suppose to be a fresh start but Its been a brutal unfun ride so far. Im sorry to all my friends that I even suggested prime to. from unbalance to skill lag crashes experience problems now at 40+ too?
    it just keeps getting worse. Im truely dissappointed.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple GamingMimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Look, I'm not going to agree/disagree with points you made, because really I don't think I am qualified to. But I will say that I think the team is communicating with us, and it's not fair to throw them under the bus for lack of communication. You may not be happy with certain aspects of Prime, but to say they haven't communicated in the slightest is inaccurate.


    Also, I would certainly expect that part of the reason for Prime was cash stimulus - is that surprising or unexpected? It doesn't mean that they will not respond to player feedback, but of course part of the reason for Prime is to attract returning players and increase revenue stream.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple TheFuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    Look, I'm not going to agree/disagree with points you made, because really I don't think I am qualified to. But I will say that I think the team is communicating with us, and it's not fair to throw them under the bus for lack of communication. You may not be happy with certain aspects of Prime, but to say they haven't communicated in the slightest is inaccurate.


    Also, I would certainly expect that part of the reason for Prime was cash stimulus - is that surprising or unexpected? It doesn't mean that they will not respond to player feedback, but of course part of the reason for Prime is to attract returning players and increase revenue stream.
    They been doing pretty good with responding with patches (super slowly) and communication. I honestly just think they bit of way more then they can chew. Live players crying about live servers...prime player crying about prime...alot of work...about double.

    But still it shouldve been planed,Beta tested,and stable before prime was ever released. but we got unfinished unbalanced and what seems to be untested server. Pushed out way before it shouldve been. Then it got flooded. Everyone wanted a piece of prime and I just dont think they could handle it.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Yamamoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    They had like 7 years to do it...

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Overtuned dungeon bosses, ability lag and completely unacceptable class balance.
    I'm complaining about under-tuned dungeons, and you are complaining about them being over-tuned, seems we have vastly different expectations.

    Can't comment on ability lag much, just that it got much better for me after the last patch. This week I personally had proper lag only once and it lasted ~5min, besides that no problems.

    Class balance is getting better, looking at start and now they adjusted a lot and more is coming. I guess biggest problem here is that patches come only 1 a week and if anything is messed up with previous patch it feels like it's taking forever for them to fix it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I can accept these from a new game, but this is hardly a new game. I think Trion had a great idea when it decided to do a progression server from vanilla on, but I don't think they understood the scope of what they were trying to achieve. Copying a live server and adding restrictions to it was, at best, a sub-par method of starting this whole thing out. I don't think they anticipated what the repercussions would be.
    Not an employee but pretty sure that they were expecting a lot of things that happened. The idea of them having this all tested before launching is a bit too much, as the amount of stuff we got in game that would have had to be tested is enormous. The biggest reason for a lot of happenings (class balance/dungeons/xp and etc) is that loads of changes to old content were made to accommodate current live situation, where people do much more dmg, level faster, classes being intended to be played with 61 points. It is normal that we see imbalance (witch is constantly adjusted) and technically while this is not a 'new' game, it has enough to be labeled as 'new', if you were to go to live and try to level you would get vastly different experience there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Currently this game plays like a private server barring one thing, communication. Sometimes Trion reps pop up in various threads but overall their communications on the variety of issues has been lackluster. The same issues have been plaguing the game for the last month now and with the exception of a few patch notes, Trion hasn't communicated in the slightest what it hopes to fix in the coming weeks. Warriors have been abandoned, Soul Trees never should have been live copies, bosses that are still way overtuned are still ruining pugs, and on top of it all they are afraid to touch class balance because it will affect live. This was probably the largest and worst oversight they could have perpetrated.

    On the surface this just appears to be common dev issues, but I'm beginning to think the real purpose behind rift prime was just a cash stimulus.
    You are exaggerating the communication issue, while it does exist it is not that bad of a level. They clearly stated that they are trying to remove the lag issue and gave some info on how. Also, they confirmed that they are working on class balance (hoping to see some of it with this next patch) and warriors are one of their priorities. Where did you get the idea of them being afraid of doing class balance so not to affect live? They already announced that with the last patch they gave themselves an ability to implement changes independently.
    Last edited by Skalikas; 04-03-2018 at 01:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Balance get better? It's a 7 year old game and you can still do the most damage with a 1 button macro with 2 classes (rouge and mage with each 1 soul cause all other souls are ****)

    They lie to us when they said it's a new progress server... It's just (like said above) a cut of the live server with disabled content. NOTHING is like vanilla expect the level Cap and things which did not changed in live server.

    I already unsubed after a week.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default Overtuned? Lol

    Cleared all of the Dungeons while levelling in the first 10 days. Was healing as a chloro which is weak low level. Was relatively easy, and experts are easy too. I think you are either not a very good player or you have not been in good groups.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taskar View Post
    I already unsubed after a week.
    Then why are you here literally everyday posting about how you are "about to leave" or this is their last chance etc etc.

    If you unsubbed long ago, why even take the time out of your day to pretend that you are on the verge of unsubbing in every post you make?

  10. #10
    Shadowlander Yamamoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post
    Then why are you here literally everyday posting about how you are "about to leave" or this is their last chance etc etc.

    If you unsubbed long ago, why even take the time out of your day to pretend that you are on the verge of unsubbing in every post you make?

    There are players who canceled with days left. THey want their voice to be heard. Its there a problem ?

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post
    Then why are you here literally everyday posting about how you are "about to leave" or this is their last chance etc etc.

    If you unsubbed long ago, why even take the time out of your day to pretend that you are on the verge of unsubbing in every post you make?
    Because he have a right to do so.
    Thread like this also serve people as a information who are wondering if they should subscribe or resubscribe.
    Many people including me love the game itself but they dont like how unfinished was realesed without testing. There is a lot of inbalance in game and people very much dont like it.
    When there is already one month gone people starting to wonder if its ok to stay here or better to move on.
    I would like to people to stay but i can not blame them if they will leave because of Alpha which we are playing right now. But everybody have a right to know and have a right to wrote if they wanna be heard.

    So like i said he have a right to do so and nobody will take it from him.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atdt911 View Post
    Because he have a right to do so.
    Thread like this also serve people as a information who are wondering if they should subscribe or resubscribe.
    Many people including me love the game itself but they dont like how unfinished was realesed without testing. There is a lot of inbalance in game and people very much dont like it.
    When there is already one month gone people starting to wonder if its ok to stay here or better to move on.
    I would like to people to stay but i can not blame them if they will leave because of Alpha which we are playing right now. But everybody have a right to know and have a right to wrote if they wanna be heard.

    So like i said he have a right to do so and nobody will take it from him.
    For sure, he has every right to post whatever he wants, I just dont get the seemingly misleading remarks about always being on the verge of unsubbing when apparently he unsubbed a while ago.

    seems dishonest at best

    but yes, he can post to his hearts content

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    They been doing pretty good with responding with patches (super slowly) and communication.
    They patch once a week which is pretty reasonable, I bet you'd be complaining if they kept taking the game down to fix things or patch it more frequently. I know most of the things today are on demand unfortunately no amount of desire for things to happen quicker will speed things up that take time and effort like coding and testing changes.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post
    Then why are you here literally everyday posting about how you are "about to leave" or this is their last chance etc etc.

    If you unsubbed long ago, why even take the time out of your day to pretend that you are on the verge of unsubbing in every post you make?
    Cause i am pissed that I trusted trion again and get a new fail game again. I loved rift in 2011, then all went p2w. I thought prime will bring back the feelings but no, they just take the fastest way to earn maximum profit. If you don't see that they use a 7 year old buggy game with some restrictions of spells and content and call it prime to get 1000's of 13$ on a fast way with nearly 0 development costs, I am sorry for u.

    My last chance posts were written at the beginning of this "beta" called prime. Now, 3 weeks later with 0 changes it's over for me.

    I am writing this while waiting for bless and watching TV. I don't need much time for these posts and maybe some higher people of trion will read this and see that really very very much player are angry. It's not only me... The forum is full with ****storm and ppl leaving / left .

    I think not more then 20% will resub.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taskar View Post
    I don't need much time for these posts and maybe some higher people of trion will read this and see that really very very much player are angry. It's not only me... The forum is full with ****storm and ppl leaving / left . I think not more then 20% will resub.
    I've been patron since mid-2011. I love original RIFT. I adored Storm Legion. Plane of Water and Prophecy of Ankhet are not as much fun for me for different reasons. Plane of Water has some great (silly) story bits, but I don't like swimming & fighting. Prophecy of Ankhet has more interesting things they are trying but at best I feel they are only batting 500. I loved the Cosmic Particles, but a lot of folks hated it. The Eternal Weapon grind is love/hate also.

    There are plenty of people disgruntled that Prime has been around nearly 1 full month and they haven't already dropped raids, etc. But there are still plenty of people subbed for Prime, plenty of others subbed for Live. Anyway, it is not only you that is ready to Unsub (or has already done so). There are others. But there are plenty of us still enjoying the full zones in Prime, still playing with Azranel is BoS, still grinding dungeons for yet another guildie.

    I'm sorry the RIFT is not what it was in 2011, but then again, you're not the same player you were 7 years ago either. I wish you well on your gaming adventures, whether with me in Telara or in other exciting worlds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts