+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Why I am hovering over the unsub button

Soulwalker

well atm I'm not quite satisfied with the way Trion handled things and communicated things. I think that many fails have been pointed out but not clearly acknowledged. The ball is in Trion's camp I guess, community has responded present but will they?
    Last edited by galuf; 04-03-2018 at 12:18 PM.

one more day

I think Trion has been giving prime more time and resources than I would like to see. Playing live and being a subscriber for a LONG LONG TIME. I Would like those resources used on the real game. But After all they have given time wise and Dev wise to the Prime server people are still here QQing and threatening. NO need to threaten or act as though you will go, those who will not remained subbed do not always have to come to the forums and QQ. Look at the forums most the topics are about prime yet I know a lot who pay each month Plus buy credits yet they are not here Crying because we are feeling forgotten..
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    I think Trion has been giving prime more time and resources than I would like to see. Playing live and being a subscriber for a LONG LONG TIME. ....................Look at the forums most the topics are about prime yet I know a lot who pay each month Plus buy credits yet they are not here Crying because we are feeling forgotten..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

No offense, but your post triggered instantly this on my mind. ))
    Last edited by Yamamoto; 04-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamoto View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

No offense, but your post triggered instantly this on my mind. ))

Laughs. Hey do not confuse me with a happy live player, I want content and as much time spent trying to fix live issues as those of prime but I am not here threatening to unsub or leave because my QQ is not addressed. I think Trion has given way more to prime than they should be but hey I play live
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamoto View Post
    There are players who canceled with days left. THey want their voice to be heard. Its there a problem ?
    It sucks, I was expecting so much more. I purchased Promogenter pack and now I feel like I wasted 30$ (since I'm Canadian it's more that 30 btw). I got the WoW alpha and sadly it's more fun that Rift Prime. Makes me very very sad

This was obviously Trions last ditch effort to revive a game which has been dead for a long time. Rift started out with alot of expectations 7 years ago. However, quickly, it was realized that the game would NEVER live up to those expectations, as has the Prime server. This gimmick was greatly announced, and for a good hour or so, felt like it had life. But, on the 7th of this month we will see, as Trion will as well, that old dogs cannot be taught new tricks. A 7 year old game, with 7 year old graphics will never measure up to a new age of mmorpg players. Hitting a mob for over a minute just to kill it is not fun. Doing long drawn out quest for crappy XP is not fun. Moving slower then malases from zone to zone, is not fun. Simply put, nostalgia was not enougn....

While I think they should be communicating more with us about their plans on when new content will be released. I only paid $15... Ive had some fun.... Ive had some frustration as well, but I got my $15 worth. Ill stay for atleast one more month and see if it gets better. Im not loving it, but there is some fun if you dig around.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    I think Trion has been giving prime more time and resources than I would like to see. Playing live and being a subscriber for a LONG LONG TIME. I Would like those resources used on the real game. But After all they have given time wise and Dev wise to the Prime server people are still here QQing and threatening. NO need to threaten or act as though you will go, those who will not remained subbed do not always have to come to the forums and QQ. Look at the forums most the topics are about prime yet I know a lot who pay each month Plus buy credits yet they are not here Crying because we are feeling forgotten..
    Prime gets priority because it's a paid service to play. You buying a loot box is your choice, you aren't being forced to pay for that loot box you love so much or mount you want to obtain. Prime is a paid service that requires action because people every month are charged a fee, doesn't matter about the price, it's about the service you suppose to get. Live is forgotten because, this was suppose to be trion's cash cow and they screwed the pooch on this hard. Take a good hard look at this, live is pretty much been dead from the end of SL which I hear a lot from ex players. They don't care about you nor do they care about the people who subbed to this service. As a newer player to this game, I did enjoy it but, making promises and actually doing them are two different things. The devs are scared to respond to any of the problems on the forums, they use the "We are looking into it" response. Once again they played everyone because, this is BETA and they charged for it. They had literally no clue how to run a successful game and it really hurts because it would be nice to have played something over WoW to be honest. This game had all the right keys to be a decent competitor to all these weird games coming out lately. I hope the devs see this and give at lease an apology to people who spent their time recruiting friends to play a game for only a month and getting spat in the face. I've played online with a few devs and even they thought things were odd, that is very alarming.

Soulwalker

can i have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    But still it shouldve been planed,Beta tested,and stable before prime was ever released. but we got unfinished unbalanced and what seems to be untested server. Pushed out way before it shouldve been. Then it got flooded. Everyone wanted a piece of prime and I just dont think they could handle it.

Rezing a month old thread, but I was just curious if anyone was going to Bless Online and found this old thing.

This guy has it right, it should have been tested for a long time, but the honest truth of it is, they don't have the staff to sustain a separate game, much less test one. And make no mistake, Rift Prime is a different game, it's their money maker...for the time being. Live is on life support and the only reason they brought in new staff was because of the forecasted influx of revenue from Prime. But it is still not a big enough team to do what needs to be done to make it right.

They were up front that it would not be Vanilla, and we let ourselves believe we could have it anyway, I cannot fault them for that. But there is a reason Blizzard is waiting a year to release WOW Classic...because they don't want to release a prog server based on their current rule set with levels capped at 60 and nothing works right.

Anyway, just wanted to leave my voice on the forums (which the Prime ones seem dead IMO) before I said my farewells to this game that I dearly loved. I mentioned this in another post, Rift Prime is like:

"This is like dating an ex-gf again after 7 years. Pretty much looks the same, but enough other dudes have effed with her mind so that when you really break down the barriers and realize what you are getting into, she is a completely different person."

Anyway, good luck Prime community, I hope the devs get it right and you guys stop paying-to-beta OR wait, is this just Prime Early Access still? If not, I'll see you all in the fresh hell that will be WOW Classic. And by hell I mean leveling without a group, that game was not solo friendly like Rift was/is/can be.
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    But I will say that I think the team is communicating with us, and it's not fair to throw them under the bus for lack of communication.
    I am still waiting since 20 days for a reply: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5353805
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-26-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I'm done. Prime has become mundane and boring. Heck, you can't even get any WF's unless you're 40+, and the grind is just not worth it. I guess the allure of the "good ol' days" was very fleeting. I'm headed back to live where there is at least decent game play and a thriving economy. And it doesn't cost me $15 a month to be bored out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrath View Post
    Rezing a month old thread, but I was just curious if anyone was going to Bless Online and found this old thing.
    From what I've seen of people talking, I'm probably going to avoid it. Lots of problems, terrible localization efforts, horrible performance, etc. Check out the reddit posts to get a sampling. I'm sitting back and waiting on that game to see how bad it really is, once the curtain is really lifted and they feel "safe" enough to start introducing even more bull$$$ before cashing out for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxe View Post
    From what I've seen of people talking, I'm probably going to avoid it. Lots of problems, terrible localization efforts, horrible performance, etc. Check out the reddit posts to get a sampling. I'm sitting back and waiting on that game to see how bad it really is, once the curtain is really lifted and they feel "safe" enough to start introducing even more bull$$$ before cashing out for good.
    Oh wait, you're talking about Bless Online...
    Rift PRIME - "It's still cooking, buey!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2