Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Real Talk - This is unacceptable

Default Real Talk - This is unacceptable

At what point does the company start giving people free play time and/or refunds for this PRIME service?

Nothing is working. Lag is horrendous. Servers are not stable. Endgame does not work and nothing seems to be tested in the slightest. The xp grind should have given you guys extra weeks to prepare the 50 content. Experts are not tuned, the fiasco with the loot vendors, level 50 pvp boxes dont grant any loot.

This server/lag is beyond anything I have ever seen with Rift, and I have seen some pretty bad things in the past.

Original launch of rift was not this bad, the beta events were not this bad.

If Trion had to refund every player 1 dollar for the lack of playability due to lag/broken content --- It would have been fixed by now.

How long does trion expect players to pay to play on this beta server? Does Trion expect players to pay for month #2 with this type of consistent issues?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Shadowlander

I was wondering the same thing, just went to make a thread and then I've seen this one.

I would like to ask Trion, not when lag will be fixed, but will it be fixed at all? Can you fix it at all, is that in your power or not?

I would very much appreciate to hear the answer so I can stop wasting my time here.

After the lag we can carry on to lesser but still important issues like class balance. I am not planning on playing saboteur in GSB and would like to hear if chance for balancing outside of removing soul gifts (lol) actually exists on Prime or not?

Again, I would appreciate the answer so I can stop wasting my time here.

Same problems here. They are working on it but nearly 20 days in. I can barely play. Everything else runs smooth as silk I'm talking 100fps and 50ms smooth. But rift Prime can't even barely play with lag crashes and so on.

Telaran

Amazing to see how many threads are popping up about this lag issue and yet there are still a couple of players around claiming "it's not a widespread issue" because they themselves aren't experiencing it. Well, I haven't played in a few days now because of the same issues, I'm subbed until 8th April I believe or close to it, after which if these problems are not improving or solved by then I won't be back. I have jumped on for literally 2 minutes a day since stopping just to attack a random mob or 2 and see if my abilities are still lagging and to grab my daily reward, so far the issue persists.

If anyone tells you having addons installed makes any difference it's rubbish, granted I only had Rift Meter anyway but with or without it installed the issues are still there. Anyone would think we're talking about a company who has no prior experience running a game of this magnitude, not a company that's ran several of the same style (MMO) games for years now.

I hate to be so negative about the game, well scratch that, it's not the game itself I'm being negative about but rather the way in which it is being managed, and I don't blame all of the company in this either, I know there are some good people at Trion who would love to see this become a success again, but whoever is denying them access to the hardware they so clearly need, needs to be gotten rid of or simply overlooked.

Prime was off to a booming start but in the last week or 2 it has been severely let down, I'm honestly not sure how long they expect people to wait for a fix.

Rift Disciple

Firstly, original Riift launch lag was horrendous way worse than what we see now and for the first couple of months everything was being tweaked including experts raids etc.

I have occasionally got some lag, but only on occasions in dungeons and when doing rfits when there are heaps of people doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakau View Post
    Firstly, original Riift launch lag was horrendous way worse than what we see now and for the first couple of months everything was being tweaked including experts raids etc.

I have occasionally got some lag, but only on occasions in dungeons and when doing rfits when there are heaps of people doing it.
    Original rift launch was not this bad, not even close. Not even in their multiple beta events as well as headstart launch was the server lag anywhere close to this bad. The worst we had was the random shard crashes and decent lag. This lag we have here is unplayable.

Experts dropped loot. PvP boxes contained items. Merchants had correct pricings.

Don't pretend for a moment that this is normal. Yeah sure, it "only lags when there is a zone event", that's not frequent at all. /sarcasm

Soulwalker

The lag is absolutely unacceptable. At this rate it just means trion blames it on # of players and they ain't gonna put up the $ to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvojay View Post
    Amazing to see how many threads are popping up about this lag issue and yet there are still a couple of players around claiming "it's not a widespread issue" because they themselves aren't experiencing it.
    Part of the problem is that it isn't just "a couple of players around" making those claims. Trion itself refuses to acknowledge that there is an issue.

We're watching numbers closely, and we are not seeing a major issue.
    It may not even be with your hardware, it may be with a node on the internet between you and our servers.
    I typically crash 2-3 times in the couple of hours I play each day. When I played on live, I didn't have this much of an issue. There were a few points when it was bad, but it wasn't a daily occurrence and Trion acknowledged that there was an issue.

Overall, the biggest frustration is that while Trion has seemingly created a "product" that has brought plenty of people back to spend money, the company itself has not learned from any of it's previous major shortcomings. Trion continues to deny fault at any cost and maintain an "If you don't like it, then go" mentality. It's sad, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

Lets hope Trion fixes these issues soon, people may get the wrong idea around here.
    Last edited by Seathasky; 03-25-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Part of the problem is that it isn't just "a couple of players around" making those claims. Trion itself refuses to acknowledge that there is an issue.
    Well that issue is not acknowledged by community managers but RR was keep telling us relogging should fix it and iirc Tacitus also mentioned it on "Orphiel" sub-shard thread.

So technical people knows there is problem but community managers claim there is not. Today I had two people abandon expert dungeon because of lag and we only left 2 bosses to kill.

Not to mention people who deleted their characters from game because lag and other issues and at least 15 of them i know was 40+ and 1 of them was level 50.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

No lag here. Have not had any issues
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    No lag here. Have not had any issues
    I have a couple of questions to you since you claim no lag.
    1. What's your level ingame?
    2. What's your goal ingame? e.g dimensioneering, raiding, pvp, afking?
    3. Have you ever done any warfront or dungeon?
    4. Since you do not have any lag issues, what's your secret?
    5. Do you even play the game?
    Little spoiler
    Last edited by aileen; 03-25-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I have a couple of questions to you since you claim no lag.
    1. What's your level ingame?
    2. What's your goal ingame? e.g dimensioneering, raiding, pvp?
    3. Have you ever done any warfront or dungeon?
    4. Since you do not have any lag issues, what's your secret?
    5. Do you even play the game?
    The thing is, this thread is not only about lag, so he cannot say that he has no issues unless he is level 15 still, give or take.

Take the lag away, this is still a very unfinished product in an alpha stage of production.

Edit: I randomly picked the number 15 before you edited your post... so thats too funny.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-25-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    The thing is, this thread is not only about lag, so he cannot say that he has no issues unless he is level 15 still, give or take.

Take the lag away, this is still a very unfinished product in an alpha stage of production.

Edit: I randomly picked the number 15 before you edited your post... so thats too funny.
    Yup, ikr

The thing is some of the changes done for the purpose of giving vanilla experience like removing recipes from game with claiming they were not active ingame on vanilla launch which is false also annoying. For example spiritweave bag as you can see from edit date of article is exact period of original launch.

Same goes for itemization of many trinkets still based for vanilla HP values, I don't think any tank will get 1k healing over 8seconds trinket with having 30k hp on expert gear compared to like 8 9k back in the vanilla days? Same goes for damaging trinkets and procs etc.

So yea prime for gaining attention of players is success or at least what it looks like but for gaming experience, end game status etc is failing so hard.
    Last edited by aileen; 03-25-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post

I would have taken your posts seriously before this snarky sarcasm.
    Blythe - Faeblight

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast