Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Real Talk - This is unacceptable

Rift Disciple

It's funny (sad) - they need this gimmick to work, it's important to them financially that it works and is a great success, while their own hands are around it's throat choking the life out of it the entire time.

I quit over the input lag, then saw them announce that they made a separate server for instances which is where the lag is worst, so i've halfheartedly jumped on the last few days and nothing has changed.

To make it worse - absolutely no testing was done on this important project, i mean you could even accidentally buy a level cap boost once you reached lvl 10 from the cash shop, after just 4 hours of play. Absolutely 0 testing. Because of that people whoe weren't even affected lost their first character and 4 or so hours of play on server launch, putting them behind everyone else. The expert vendor selling gear for way too cheap - a dev or significant other didn't even take 2min to walk up to it ingame to double check. 0 testing.

I've already mentioned alllllll the other imbalances, bugs, poor performance, untested systems and generally terribly made content elsewhere, so i won't get into the details again.

Someone was spot on though when they said this is the beta test and they are expecting us to pay to do their testing for them. Is it just me or are they actively trying to destroy this thing themselves?

They are cutting major corners - trying to do this way too cheap and dodgy and again are choking the life out of it themselves because of it.

Such an awesome idea - such disgusting execution.

Who is ready for either overtuned, undertuned or just plain not working raids?

P.S You guys are lucky you can get away with being so negligent on a service you charge for. I can't wait until the new era of politicians with a gaming background/upbringing and laws they make, catches up to the gaming industry. Gaming companies need to start being held accountable for these dodgy business practices.
    Last edited by whiskiz; 03-25-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

Rift has never been pay ot win tho, just free to play and it started going downhill from there

Quote Originally Posted by Yeuo View Post
    Rift has never been pay ot win tho, just free to play and it started going downhill from there
    Well, Rift on live currently is pay to gamble to win because of IRCs is way to get drops like prior to T2 raids upgrade material called "Tenebrean Engine" was dropping from LFR and T1 raids and you could do LFR as much as you can but for getting you must spent IRCs, same goes of raid rifts, still on live I have many people who doesn't have full essences.

So yea it was never P2W mostly P2G2W, I didn't play most of NMT so dunno for NMT but I know even selling expert gear on deeps shop before SL and same goes for SL little pissed me to be honest, even thou it was not best-in-slot gear, still selling such gear was pissing me.

Right now prime is promising us that; it will be sub-based nothing to ruin game will happen but this feeling of things rushed so hard is really saddening, specially like being 50 for like 9days and basically nothing to do, itemization is in question etc.
    Last edited by aileen; 03-25-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Yeuo View Post
    One second let me open cash shop.
    Yeah looks very pay to win in there.
    Upgrade components, gear, token boosters, weapons and armor, mats for end game items. Intel, currency and almost everything else. Naw bruh not even slightly pay to win.
    Wait I can buy Rex too? Sell on ah and buy what ever else I need in the ah. Don't even have to leave town. Just drop a few Hundos.

BTW rift was ranked #5 in top 100 p2w games. The only aurguement is the gear isn't BIS. But for 95% of player base. It is.

All of this. 10chars
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Champion

Default i dont

I don't it when iam in a raid and someone starts talking politics trump this trump that
    our they start swear like ur mom this ur mom that
    is this a viedo game our just another chat room say what u want?

In my eyes and possibly many other's this was Trion's big chance to redeem themselves, I was very excited about the Prime server and was looking forward to giving this a real go but the wind has all but been taken out of my sails, right now i'm just messing around on it until my month is up and will not be renewing, it's clear to me now this product was rushed out of the door and while they could possibly fix current problems it doesn't inspire much confidence for the future.

First up just the fact my character is only level 42 with only two zones left to do and eight levels of exponentially growing xp required screams of a poorly thought out "roadplan" and this is after the xp buffs and taking part in any side activity i can (hate all you want but i refuse to farm dungeon trash over and over, i shouldn't have to and will not).

Next up we have the dreadful ability lag, server instability and constant crashes and error reports which makes the experience somewhat unbearable at times, it doesn't bode well for any upcoming raid encounters which is what i would be really interested in.

Worthy mention: No Hammerknell, this is a real deal breaker for me

I never made it to what is current end game to experience what many others are complaining about and never will, but have heard my fair share of horror stories, enough to put me off.

As the meme goes "you literally had just one job" and you failed somewhat miserably, I would think a full refund would be in order here not just a compensation in the way of some free patron time, but i got some fun at least here and there for my 10 and i'm beyond caring now tbh.
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    My reason is that I get frustrated that when someone is "ok" with the game...and they don't agree with the complaints..they get made fun of or labeled in a negative way.

If that poster is not having problems..let him post it without "lol'ing" his level, or what he thinks.

i agree with this it's just a game at the end of the day

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bakau View Post
    Firstly, original Riift launch lag was horrendous way worse than what we see now and for the first couple of months everything was being tweaked including experts raids etc.

I have occasionally got some lag, but only on occasions in dungeons and when doing rfits when there are heaps of people doing it.
    I'm not quite sure who you're trying to kid with this reply but it won't work on anyone who was around during release like myself. This game has always had a problem with general lag, where everyone plus the game lags in large groups but that's expected to a certain degree, but this ability lag is a seperate issue and something that most certainly was not around at launch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    No lag here. Have not had any issues
    As already pointed out, you're level 15, which means you have yet to run any dungeons (where the majority of these ability lag issues lie). Come back to us when you're level 40+ and then let us know. In fact, if I recall correctly, I didn't experience any issues myself at this stage, it was later on, I'd say anywhere from level 25 - 30 onwards.

We aren't imagining this, it is a problem that needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by wolvojay; 03-26-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Well that issue is not acknowledged by community managers but RR was keep telling us relogging should fix it and iirc Tacitus also mentioned it on "Orphiel" sub-shard thread.

So technical people knows there is problem but community managers claim there is not. Today I had two people abandon expert dungeon because of lag and we only left 2 bosses to kill.

Not to mention people who deleted their characters from game because lag and other issues and at least 15 of them i know was 40+ and 1 of them was level 50.
    This is kind of a reply to both yourself and Artewig, they can deny the problems all they like if that's how they wish to go about it, this is probably their one and only chance of redeeming this game and if they wish to ruin a legacy that's totally upto them. I am certainly not paying for anymore game time after the 1st month if is this isn't improving or resolved by that date.

Ability lag 5 sec on Vigil in instances, both in dungeons and BGs, unplayable.
    On live "only" 2-3 sec.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Plane Touched

At this point you have to realize that Trion just doesn't have the staff capable of adjusting things to a level that will satisfy even the most tempered of expectations. They'll toss around sentences like, "we are working hard at resolving the concerns of our player base" and "we appreciate the devotion of our fans." but the reality is Prime was a cash grab - a very successful one at that.

The input lag is going to be resolved around April 8th. You've already seen a fair amount of your friends give up. An exponentially larger amount of people will simply not renew their patron and move on. Trion will attempt to stop the hemorrhaging by announcing the release of T2 dungeons and teasing Greenscale - this will keep some additional folks around. They'll continue to dodge actually resolving the concerns that won't be automatically resolved by the reduced number of users. You should not expect for experts to be properly tuned. You should not expect for raids to be adequately tuned. It will not happen. They will instead try to advertise more shiny new broken content. Shiny is their specialty.

It's easy to make the above blanket statement. I guarantee you that most of the development staff has not level'd to 50 on Prime. This is why they're able to speak passionately about things like artifacts & wardrobes since that's ultimately what they're well versed in. Balance & tuning requires knowledge of the game at a level that they're simply not able to obtain. They also don't have the tools (read: people who care enough) to help them with any of the above testing requirements.

You're spending a good amount of your free time trying to fight the good fight by trying to elicit change. The people you're trying to change have been this way for a very long time and are set in their ways. Remember when you pointed out that the level 15 was incapable of understanding the latency concerns because he hadn't gone into a dungeon yet? That's the average level of the people who are tuning experts. They might make it to level 30 by the time they move onto tuning Greenscale. How you choose to continue with that knowledge is up to you.
    Voldeth FixWarriors - Sin Filled Afterlife - Guild Leader

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Voldeth View Post
    At this point you have to realize that Trion just doesn't have the staff capable of adjusting things to a level that will satisfy even the most tempered of expectations. They'll toss around sentences like, "we are working hard at resolving the concerns of our player base" and "we appreciate the devotion of our fans.
    I've only been back a short time and I'm already beginning to realise this, it seems they have taken a note out of Blizzard's book whenever they miss deadlines etc.

Shadowlander

I loged in again today to try warfront and i find out by myself how everything whats above is true.
    I can not understand how could you take money for product which is unfinished i do not understand how everything can be done in so poor level or not done at all. Why you did not make your own testing before you realese Prime? Why you allowed it to see daylight in this condition? How long will it take for you to fix everything what we can see now and how long will we have to raport many times and ask you to do something about it.
    Unbalanced warfronts, unbalanced classes, unbalanced dungeons lags crushes.
    Prime should be ready to play not for testing. We are paying subscriptions for it how could you realese something like this?
    You will drive to situation where people will leave Prime and never come back even to live servers.
    You have failed to deliver product for which a lot of players where waiting long time.
    I can not imagine to resubscribe for another month if situation will not be fixed.
    I spoke with many people and they will do same. I assume many players who will read this thread will think twice before making subscription or rescubscribe.
    In my opinion you just milk us all. Have a good day

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast