Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Scourge
  • 1 Post By Permadrunk
  • 1 Post By Idralina
  • 1 Post By Thejones

Thread: Necrotic Rage Quest

Soulwalker

Default Necrotic Rage Quest

So i've been trying to get this quest done over the past week or so, looking over forum posts and quest info on wiki's etc to figure out what im missing, I have completed every available story mission in both Scarwood Reach, IPP and Stillmoor. The quest should be at Thalin Tor but it isnt.

https://imgur.com/a/5HsYdwA Here's a bunch of images with Quest Finder telling me what im missing, from what I can tell theres nothing important there as well as some quests that I cant accept like the two in scarwood reach.

Any ideas? Would appreciate some help,

Talk to this NPC in Sanctum:

/setwaypoint 7621 3112
    READ HIS DIALOGUE. He will tell you whether you need to go to Scarwood, IPP, or Stillmoor.

Scarwood Quests are here:

Wraps up with killing a doctor in a cavern. Kain shows up and teleports you back out if hang around for the chatter. Easier than running through all the mobs.

IPP Quests are here:

A lengthy Droughtlands tour in the middle of this chain. Chain ends with Kain getting mad at you.

Stillmoor Quests are here:

1 or 2 very straightforward quests. MAIL/TRINKET IS NOT NECESSARY ANYMORE. If you got the title but do not have the essence, see here.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-09-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

Soulwalker

He doesnt say to go anywhere, only that i am an inspiration to soldiers everywhere.
    Checked all of the locations you provided, no quests there, nothing at Thalin Tor either.

EDIT: stumbled upon this forum post: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...c-essence.html

since i had the dame title i checked my bags for the item he was talking about and i had the item to summon the "a strange trinket" quest, seems like the mail/trinket actually happened for me rather than the thalin tor thing.
    https://imgur.com/gl0nk7w

Last edited by Idralina; 04-19-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Can you screenshot what the sanctum npcs says? You are the second person who has reported an issue with him. Mine still says stillmoor says I never finished the chain after getting necrotic rage.

Nvm: didn't see your post above.
    Last edited by Scourge; 04-19-2018 at 03:21 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

Soulwalker

https://imgur.com/a/521UtvR thats what he says incase anyone else stumbles on this. Weird that I got the mail, was under the impression you couldnt anymore.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Can you screenshot what the sanctum npcs says? You are the second person who has reported an issue with him. Mine still says stillmoor says I never finished the chain after getting necrotic rage.

Nvm: didn't see your post above.
    I have a character who got the necrotic essence, but has never yet gotten the title. Guysun Lawless gives me the same dialogue if I talk to him. I did the whole questline *just* for the title so this bugs me a little. I used to run to Thalin Tor every Wednesday half heartedly hoping the NPC would spawn that gives me that title but no dice.

Should point out that this is on Live; my Guardian character on Prime hasn't gotten that far just yet.
    Last edited by Iphigeneia; 04-19-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Rift Disciple

Iíve experienced the exact same thing. Same as you I have tried everything and googled for hours on end, even sending in a ticket to customer support which was just left with ďwe canít give you any hints on how to do the questĒ. I got the title and the trinket in the mail but NO quest for the essence and no quest from seargent whatever in stillmoor. The guy in sanctum mentioned above only congratulates me for being a member of the knights or some ****. Iím convinced itís a bug but I canít get any help from a GM or customer support.

Soulwalker

If you got the title and trinket Perma, check your bags for something called like "12th guard portal generator" click that and it summons Sergeant Coda and he'll give you the quest. I knew about the mail but didnt realise i'd gotten it already and forgotten about that portal item.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Idralina View Post
    If you got the title and trinket Perma, check your bags for something called like "12th guard portal generator" click that and it summons Sergeant Coda and he'll give you the quest. I knew about the mail but didnt realise i'd gotten it already and forgotten about that portal item.
    Got it! Thank you for this!

Default Grrr

So I did all this, got the title (Sir), and got 2 things in the mail: a letter and a Guardian Distinguished Service Medal that just transports me to Sanctum. I've tried talking to all the peeps even Sargent Coda in Thalin Tor and there are no other steps that I can see. Will I get another mail with the Necrotic Rage?

Telaran

Go to the settlement / encampment just North of Zareph's Return. The guy who posted the map picks w/ red circles is a saint and highlighted precisely where you need to go. There are a couple of NPC's standing right at the entrance to that little town offering quest(s). One of the quests is basically "talk to the guy next to me and I'll give you a reward" and that reward is the droid you are looking for.

+ Reply to Thread