+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stihl

Thread: Questions on preparing for Raids

Default Questions on preparing for Raids

I just hit 50 and am trying to get ready for Raids. However I am having trouble finding guides on what food, potions and such I should be gathering for the runs. Most of what I have found is for Live and Im not sure what I should be hunting on Prime. I dont want to show up unprepared.

Also for crafting after hitting 300 on Rune and Apoth, is there anywhere with a list of high end recipes and where they are? I want to prioritize grinding the notoriety, but Im not sure where to start. I played back in 2011, but I cant recall, Im getting old. I know I can go to every area and check them out, but if there is a list that would save a lot of time.

I found some old walk throughs for experts, have they changed at all? Are they challenging at all like they were in vanilla, or can you just blast through?

Any suggestions are appreciated, Im pretty mediocre at the moment, but determined to get better and not be carried through.

From what i remember and understand the only thing you have to bring with you is power/brightsurge vial (heroic if you can afford), and stones that increase SP or AP depening on your class and if your using onehander or twohanded weapon.

Food buff will usually be provided by someone.

And ofc the addons is good to have, like KBM and karuul alert and dps meter.

In the old days.. powerstones for ap/sp & ap/sp boost vials (preferably those that last through dead if you expect to be in for a long time or have people pulling unintended aggro.

Gear wise.. get a few pieces with hit.

hit comes from helmet, chest, gloves, legs, neck, weapons (3x, 2hander counts for 2)
    total is 8x hit..

Hit is either 6 or 13 on the first pieces you get. You may want to use a rune to get over the requirement levels of 50 and 120
    Easiest are the helmet/leg runes with 14 hit/ 4ap/sp and 18hit/ 5ap/sp.

A lot of the 6-hit and several pieces of 13-hit gear are crafted. many can be augmented. The crafted items usually take eternal or endless planar dust to craft.

higher tier takes minor cats, but those are rather pricy at the moment, so perhaps not an option if just starting with gear.

Consumables:
    These are the basics. You can only benefit from 1 of each type (food, potion, etc) at a time. Feasts, vials, and stones persist through death, the other food options do not.
    Last edited by Stihl; 04-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Thanks for the response! Really appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread