+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TadaceAce
  • 1 Post By orajel

Thread: Expert CC - Jultharin

Default Expert CC - Jultharin

Is there a strat here or is it just overtuned.

Seems to me the dps check is about 1.2k-1.3k for all three dps which ain't happening with a random pug. We tried running 4 dps + heals but it's seemingly impossible to heal with the CC the boss hits it's target. We tried cheesing it using positioning and riftstalker shifts to get around the wisp but it automatically kills the group when the wisps reach the ledge.

Successfully killed him yesterday in a fully geared group where everyone was 1.3k+ and it was still incredibly close. If you think pug dps is gonna average 1.3k, you're gonna have a bad time. Super annoying that this is toward the end of the run and a vast majority of pugs simply cannot kill this boss.
    Last edited by TadaceAce; 04-12-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Iíve not tested, but I heard in passing that you can kill a wisp and make an opening in the wall and DPS freely.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowerfreaktobi View Post
    you can kill a wisp and make an opening in the wall and DPS freely.
    That's the strat used for his version in Triumph of the Dragon Queen 10-man, never heard of it working in the 5-man, something new to try.

Iíve not tested, but I heard in passing that you can kill a wisp and make an opening in the wall and DPS freely.
    We only slightly tried this. They certainly heal to an extent. We didn't try a full target swap.

Soulwalker

Killed this boss twice with pugs. First group we had enough dps to burn it. Second group we stood next to the wall, there is a little corner that when the laser line passes there is a slight gap. You can also "blink" through it if you have the ability.

Soulwalker

had this same issue yesterday. If you get lucky and have 3 sabs as your dps, youre golden. if you get unlucky like me and have 3 warrior dps, you have no chance.

@devs, please consider slackening the dps check since dps changes are coming along so gradually.

I’ve not tested, but I heard in passing that you can kill a wisp and make an opening in the wall and DPS freely.
    Just tried this but the focused whisp regenerated its health. Not killable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazalus View Post
    Killed this boss twice with pugs. First group we had enough dps to burn it. Second group we stood next to the wall, there is a little corner that when the laser line passes there is a slight gap. You can also "blink" through it if you have the ability.
    The boss enrages when the line of whisps reaches the edge of the cliff from what i could see. So it makes no difference if you blink through the line or hug the wall to avoid it.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 04-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    Character: Wackywoo
    Shard: Zaviel /Wolfsbane/Prime
    New Player? Follow this Link and apply the below code for some free items!
    LP3MZ9G3T36F3YQ73EMM

Soulwalker

Done this dungeon a number of times.. you do not need 1.3 from each of your dps. Every time i beat it we have a total of 3.6k dps total-ish to kill him in the 2 min enrage timer. I as a tank do 350 dps healers usually can pull 200ishso that leaves 3.1k for the 3 ppl that isnt unheard of or even hard. if your dps cant pull 1k+ dps single target then =/ tell them to get consumables.. Most ppl dont and it is the cause usually. TBH i ahve more problems in the DSM 2 dps checks then in CC. Also if your tank cant do atleast 300 dps id tell him to respec into so dmg because this boss hits like a trash mob.
    Last edited by orajel; 05-11-2018 at 03:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread