Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By ViRALiC
  • 2 Post By Typha
  • 2 Post By CassSmith
  • 2 Post By Deeew
  • 1 Post By TadaceAce

Thread: HELP: Foul Cascade - Countess Surin Skenobar

Question HELP: Foul Cascade - Countess Surin Skenobar

In the dungeon Foul Cascade, the second boss is Countess Surin Skenobar. She's a large broad with a gun and she's beaten my *** every time I get in there.

I come to you today because me and a random pug literally just drained our souls twice, TWICE, trying to figure out a good way to get around her teleport-and-do-tons-of-damage-to-everyone-attack. You know the one.

We tried everything from playful LOS to spreading, to stacking, to facing her, facing away from her... all the tricks we could think of.

The teleport-attack thing is too destructive and does (as far as I can tell) close to 10k damage to every party member (might be less, but it sure doesn't feel like it!). We found no way to avoid or even lesson it in any way.

I come to you now as we eventually gave up. How does one beat this boss?

EDIT: This is not a "Trion pls nerf!!!", this is more a feeling of not seeing some tactic or secret or something to help my future groups out.
    Last edited by ViRALiC; 03-21-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: More info

At higher levels you can burn through it, at lower levels you need an off heal, like a Bard or a true support. Most groups ignore support and just DPS, thats fine once geared and a couple levels up, until then you need it. Spread out, and save big heals for it. Its basically an AOE heal check.

Shadowlander

Countess is a healing intensive fight. I usually swap to my bard spec to help out, and it goes off without a hitch.

Telaran

As others have said this is on your support player. It is designed to be difficult to heal by just the main healer for the most part. Without a support player properly doing their support you will have a bad time on this boss, a support player makes it a lot easier. A really good healer can heal through it solo but it is much easier with a support.

Rift Disciple

Kick your healer and get a better one...

Sounds like a joke but I'm not kidding.
    Rival
    Guild: OG Cori
    Server: Vigil

Telaran

We cure the boss death.
    All those who have gone down to the Main heal on supportheal with dps in the skill and then he will settle down easy and without any stress. But the most important thing is that you have more than just the role of DD.

I healed him as well as Chloro alone, with second heal or i was support. A lot of different constellations were gone through. The boss rarely has the same behavior, he attacks random.
    I can not say it often enough, diversity and rolling understanding is the key to victory.

Translated with Google

Soulwalker

Angry Kick the healer

Firstly, it takes more than one person to do a dungeon, not everything is on the healer.

Secondly, if you "KICK THE HEALER" how are those healers to learn? Instead it's best to instruct on strats and make suggestions on how to fix. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism gets you a lot further than kicking someone or b******* them out.

I've been trying to work out how to beat the b**** myself, as cleric heals and I looked last time she did her charges, the guide I found said it did 500 per stack on normal. It was ticking at 1700! I tried making the best AOE heal I could find instant, but it only does about 300 per 2s cast. What am I missing? (33) AOE HOT does sub 100 per tick and the ticks of the AOE are too fast for that to combat it

Spread out around her. She jumps to each person and drops a bomb, the bomb has a fuse and a delay, move out of it when it is dropped on you. If a person fails to get out of it in time, the damage will be staggered due to spread out, makes it easier to handle the dmg.

If its heal-able by a chloro, anyone can heal it.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Spread out around her. She jumps to each person and drops a bomb, the bomb has a fuse and a delay, move out of it when it is dropped on you. If a person fails to get out of it in time, the damage will be staggered due to spread out, makes it easier to handle the dmg.

If its heal-able by a chloro, anyone can heal it.
    The bomb is only on Expert. On normal its just unavoidable damage that will kill your entire group unless your heals has burst AE healing and your group isn't all 41-42. You can technically los if everyone does but its sketchy.

Honestly? Skip her. Unavoidable damage that will 1 shot lower or less feared people is just stupid and not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    The bomb is only on Expert. On normal its just unavoidable damage that will kill your entire group unless your heals has burst AE healing and your group isn't all 41-42. You can technically los if everyone does but its sketchy.

Honestly? Skip her. Unavoidable damage that will 1 shot lower or less feared people is just stupid and not worth the effort.
    Can still spread out and stagger the damage. I healed it normal mode this way. Makes it much easier.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Can still spread out and stagger the damage. I healed it normal mode this way. Makes it much easier.
    This is incorrect. The AE damage is the exact same whether you're stacked on the boss or at the entrance to the dungeon. You can literally die and respawn and the next void charge will still kill you at the entrance. It's a flat gear / heal check that's completely overtuned in a normal dungeon.

+ Reply to Thread