+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Can Openworld PvP be forced upon you on Prime??

Default Can Openworld PvP be forced upon you on Prime??

Hey,

Just now I was alt-tabbed out of the game chatting to a friend on Hangouts, when the combat warning flashed on the Rift icon in the task bar.
    I was standing at a quest hub in Scarlet Gorge when another player killed me without me being flagged for PvP and having auto-flag off.
    Even if said nincompoop was flagged himself, he shouldn't be able to attack me if I am not flagged, so why did that happen??

I will obviously /ignore and /report any ****** doing such a thing, but it shouldn't even be possible in the first place...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

What did the combat log say?

Plane Touched

I havent messed with this yet, but if he flagged himself and stood beside you and you hit him with some aoe ability, would it flag you for hitting him?

It's a bug on the server, you can be attacked even if you are not PvP flagged.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

Was in Gloamwood earlier and similar thing happened. Saw a level 26 Defiant that was yellow, and I was not PvP flagged. He was able to attack me, and then stayed and killed over and over. He stayed in zone ganking everyone he could.

Make sure your settings are set to not auto-flag. Double check that in both settings and by right clicking your portrait and checking your pvp settings.

In the Vanilla game you used to be able to turn others flags by "tricking" them into using certain spells (mostly aoe types) on a flagged opposite faction player. I'm pretty sure that bug was fixed by Storm Legion and is gone from Live, but maybe there is a regression here like Dinadass said.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    Make sure your settings are set to not auto-flag. Double check that in both settings and by right clicking your portrait and checking your pvp settings.

In the Vanilla game you used to be able to turn others flags by "tricking" them into using certain spells (mostly aoe types) on a flagged opposite faction player. I'm pretty sure that bug was fixed by Storm Legion and is gone from Live, but maybe there is a regression here like Dinadass said.
    No, this is a legit actual bug. You can attack and kill players that are not flagged.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Really hope this gets fixed quickly I can only imagine how many people will abuse this just to be *******s.

Shadowlander

I literally just made a post about this on the Rift Reddit, but coming from someone who has a PvP-oriented mindset, this "bug" as it happens to be has been a really welcomed surprise for my guildmates and I.

If you're doing zone events in an enemy faction zone I think you should be forced to keep an eye over your shoulder.

*Shrug*
    Last edited by CuRSiiVe; 03-13-2018 at 09:02 AM.
    Elysian - Guardian Rogue and Cleric - Retired veteran from @Briarcliff and @Seastone.

Starting again as Elysian@Vigil. Defiant Cleric.

<Vinco Bellum>

Rift Disciple

Ofc you can fight the other faction, why would thier be two factions lol.... when you teleport to a zone you get a protection from pvp i suggest you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by CuRSiiVe View Post
    I literally just made a post about this on the Rift Reddit, but coming from someone who has a PvP-oriented mindset, this "bug" as it happens to be has been a really welcomed surprise for my guildmates and I.

If you're doing zone events in an enemy faction zone I think you should be forced to keep an eye over your shoulder.

*Shrug*
    Scarlet Gorge isn't an enemy faction zone it's the first zone where both factions actually quest there at the same time...

Now I enjoy PvP in warfronts and such but I'm fairly certain that when I log into the server it says PvE. Being that I hate world PvP if this doesn't get fixed it'll be one less subscriber however I'm sure more would follow since i'm fairly positive i'm not the only one who hates world pvp.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rolien View Post
    Scarlet Gorge isn't an enemy faction zone it's the first zone where both factions actually quest there at the same time...

Now I enjoy PvP in warfronts and such but I'm fairly certain that when I log into the server it says PvE. Being that I hate world PvP if this doesn't get fixed it'll be one less subscriber however I'm sure more would follow since i'm fairly positive i'm not the only one who hates world pvp.
    I'm fairly certain that you're right with your statement. As sad as it makes me to say it, I know I am in a minority when I say that I absolutely loved the open world PvP experience that Rift used to offer.
    Elysian - Guardian Rogue and Cleric - Retired veteran from @Briarcliff and @Seastone.

<Vinco Bellum>

Default WTB PvP Shard

Well only time im able to attack is when you go over there and spam your AoEs next to the mob im by. Or someone in your party attacks me. They attack, all of you get flagged. Its not hard to get your guild to come out of their dungeon trash run to wipe a few PvPers

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Roflmeow View Post
    Its not hard to get your guild to come out of their dungeon trash run to wipe a few PvPers
    In fact it's encouraged!

<Vinco Bellum>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Roflmeow View Post
    Well only time im able to attack is when you go over there and spam your AoEs next to the mob im by. Or someone in your party attacks me. They attack, all of you get flagged. Its not hard to get your guild to come out of their dungeon trash run to wipe a few PvPers
    This! get them out of the dam dungeon and pvp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast