+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Can Openworld PvP be forced upon you on Prime??

Quote Originally Posted by CuRSiiVe View Post
    In fact it's encouraged!

Yeah they are too busy exploiting the exp boost.
    Last edited by Roflmeow; 03-13-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    No, this is a legit actual bug. You can attack and kill players that are not flagged.
    I want to believe you but I need proof and scope. In any zone any time or only under certain conditions? The conditions and limitations should be clearer. If it's server wide then open pvp should be disabled period until it's fixed. It should be on the known issues list as well. Has Trion acknowledged the issue?

This is a pve server with optional flagging. Trion was clear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    This is a pve server with optional flagging. Trion was clear about that.
    This is from people who tab target while in raids and it flags their whole raid.
    Last edited by Roflmeow; 03-13-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflmeow View Post
    This is from people who tab target while in raids and it flags their whole raid.
    A bug is a bug and it should be fixed.

If I were to be out questing or rifting and someone who was flagged attacked and killed me when I was unflaged and playing on a PvE server I admit I'd be pretty damn salty.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rolien View Post
    A bug is a bug and it should be fixed.

If I were to be out questing or rifting and someone who was flagged attacked and killed me when I was unflaged and playing on a PvE server I admit I'd be pretty damn salty.
    I知 really loving playing Prime. Running in groups doing Rifts is great fun. But if I知 in a Rift and an aoe spell flags me for pvp I値l stop logging in until that痴 fixed.
    I知 a true carebear in the open world.
    But I do think Trion hit a homerun with Prime.

Just to be clear I知 not knocking open world pvp. It痴 just not my thing. I hope all the players that does enjoy it find groups that makes it possible for them to also enjoy the game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CuRSiiVe View Post
    I literally just made a post about this on the Rift Reddit, but coming from someone who has a PvP-oriented mindset, this "bug" as it happens to be has been a really welcomed surprise for my guildmates and I.

If you're doing zone events in an enemy faction zone I think you should be forced to keep an eye over your shoulder.

*Shrug*
    Attacking an AFK Toon is not PvPing. This is not what someone with a competitive PVP mindset thinks either. It is another type of mind set all together, and not one to be envied.
    Last edited by Laethe; 03-13-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Laethe View Post
    Attacking an AFK Toon is not PvPing. This is not what someone with a competitive PVP mindset thinks either. It is another type of mind set all together, and not one to be envied.
    Ganking is a part of MMOs bud, if you don't like it group up and kill the gankers. Maybe even start some guild conflicts for player made content.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Funnily enough a few Guildies also said they were just ganked out of the blue or saw somebody getting ganked, after going through the usual steps of checking settings to make sure 'auto PvP Flag' was unticked, etc etc it does seem to be a bug.

Got no issue with Open World PvP provided both parties are doing it willingly, PvPing against somebody AFK? yeah, right, still with the auto mentoring in Zones the ganker will find himself trying it on with the wrong person eventually.

Soulwalker

Default No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzedknight View Post
    Ganking is a part of MMOs bud, if you don't like it group up and kill the gankers. Maybe even start some guild conflicts for player made content.
    Sorry, not going to reward those who are possibly exploiting to harrass others into playing content they enjoy on what is a PvE shard. Maybe go play the PvP content available with others who enjoy it? That would be those in battlegrounds and those who activily flag. Not hanging out in a crowd hoping to flag others. Or is it the fact your fighting 'unskilled carebears' the goal?

I remember back in vanilla on Deepstrike (the biggest pvp server that carried over from beta) when Ember Isle launched and the 2 biggest pvp guilds on guardian side griefed the living crap out of the entire zone to the point where almost every raiding large/popular raiding guild transferred off shard and the 2 guilds got 10 day bans. The shard died off shortly after and got converted into a trial shard and then taken down completely. I think this is partly why faction based PvP doesn't exist anymore which in turn killed open world PvP completely, but it's hard to balance out factions. Everyone will pick whatever side has the best/most PvPers. Even WoW has really bad issues balancing it to this day.

I like the idea they suggested (not set in stone. Literally just and idea) to have more of a free for all server where everyone is flagged except for the people in your guild, but you can only have a maximum of 5 people per guild in the first place. This completely gets rid of the faction problem I think and has the potential to be a lot more fun.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

What i am seeing is people camping outside of the opposite factions quest hubs ganking unsuspecting players who are not flagged nor want to pvp. One of the players doing this is actually in this thread. Together with a healer he camps at the Guardian Scarlet Gorge quest hub near the porticulum. Preventing targets from even porting out of the zone.
    Warfronts are too equal footing for this duo i suspect.

A fix is necessary. Aside from it being a big inconvenience for players who just want to have a relaxing pve experience it also costs currency to mend souls.
    Character: Wackywoo
    Shard: Zaviel /Wolfsbane/Prime
    New Player? Follow this Link and apply the below code for some free items!
    LP3MZ9G3T36F3YQ73EMM

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    One of the players doing this is actually in this thread.
    Indeed, I noticed that as well.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

I hope they will be banned for exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Funnily enough a few Guildies also said they were just ganked out of the blue or saw somebody getting ganked, after going through the usual steps of checking settings to make sure 'auto PvP Flag' was unticked, etc etc it does seem to be a bug.

Got no issue with Open World PvP provided both parties are doing it willingly, PvPing against somebody AFK? yeah, right, still with the auto mentoring in Zones the ganker will find himself trying it on with the wrong person eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    What i am seeing is people camping outside of the opposite factions quest hubs ganking unsuspecting players who are not flagged nor want to pvp. One of the players doing this is actually in this thread. Together with a healer he camps at the Guardian Scarlet Gorge quest hub near the porticulum. Preventing targets from even porting out of the zone.
    Warfronts are too equal footing for this duo i suspect.

A fix is necessary. Aside from it being a big inconvenience for players who just want to have a relaxing pve experience it also costs currency to mend souls.

Agreed, this should be addressed sooner rather than later. From what I've seen of the people who flocked to this server, it wasn't for nonconsensual open world PvP (mainly because Trion made it clear that was not going to be the ruleset applied to this first experimental progression server). Probably a good idea for those in the know to report the individuals doing this so that the logs can be reviewed.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Gee I sure am glad I got ganked on a PvE server.

Apparently you either don't know what PvE means or your brain can't comprehend simple things like that.

People exploiting this need banned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast