• 1 Post By Retracerr
  • 1 Post By Draknox
  • 1 Post By Dademore
  • 1 Post By Dademore

Thread: Top dps?

Shadowlander

Default Top dps?

Hi everyone.

so what class will be top dps in raid, on the rift prime server ? And what class will in the future be the top ?

This question comes with so many ifs/and/buts that it's almost impossible to answer.

Edit: inb4 1-29 chat says "don't play warrior, sab rogue OP"
    Last edited by Retracerr; 03-13-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Retracerr View Post
    This question comes with so many ifs/and/buts that it's almost impossible to answer.

So i been playing most mmos out there. Lets take wow, there will always be a few classes who will be top,when your playing with good people. ofc if your playing with noobs, the dps meter will be free for all :P

But im talking about TOP dps with TOP PVE GANGSTERS!

Nobody has raided on this server or anything like it, due to the level cap of 50 but live soul trees. There were some test parses done pre-launch by people that were level 50 using quest gear and I think Druid had the highest single target dps but I wouldn't really put too much stock in their numbers. We're all going in blind so play what you enjoy.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Retracerr View Post

This, basically.

Once you get into your late 30s, and 40s the balance starts to kick in because each soul then has the majority of its tool-kit, whereas a class like the Rogues Saboteur get's their primary damage dealer, and all it's major passive bonuses VERY early on.

Each DPS class can do very well in PvE. The thing to remember is Rift is a more Class-Fluid game in comparison to other major MMOs (EQ2, WoW, etc) wherein you are almost required to swap your souls dependent upon your environment.

I have a Warrior in my main 5 man group. He runs three different soul builds and almost constantly changes between then.

First for AoE DPS, this is mainly for clearing trash in dungeons. I cleric tank so we pull huge packs.

Second for Boss DPS, with the click of a button you can swap specs, and you can make a gear set macro to swap your gear, so the entire thing can be done in a couple seconds. Before each boss he does this before I pull.

Third is for PvP ... and to be honest I am not 100% sure what he does, but he does quite well with it.

There will always be people that say X class is best (and for Rogues in the 1-25 range, Sab is currently it). There will always be people that post parses of massive AoE damage in 30 second clips that say that spec is the best, but they will be garbage on a boss.

Whatever you do, do not base your decisions on the low level game. before level 40 things are quite out of balance, and are in pretty much every MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    Hi everyone.

so what class will be top dps in raid, on the rift prime server ? And what class will in the future be the top ?
    The real answer is, we don't know yet for sure. It is all speculative at this point.

Like someone else pointed out, there was testing done on PTS with basic gear and no PA. It showed about a 25% damage spread in the top 12 specs that were tested.

When you figure in gear/stat scaling, PAs, fight mechanics, player skill, that 25% becomes very small.

Your best bet is to pick a calling you enjoy multiple specs on and just have fun. It is very unlikely the content is tuned so high that only the FOTM specs can clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    Your best bet is to pick a calling you enjoy multiple specs on and just have fun. It is very unlikely the content is tuned so high that only the FOTM specs can clear it.
    This.

It’s better to have a player that knows and enjoys multiple souls of a class and can preform them to heir fullest than have someone that just wants to play FOTM classes and will bail when the inevitable nerf bat hits them.

I know Justicar Very well and just made a beastly AoE DPS build in my 30s that rivals even Sab DPS. It’s just more about knowing what your class is capable of and experimenting and sticking to it no matter what.
    Last edited by Dademore; 03-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Ascendant

Again many ifs and buts, but this might be somewhat useful, mostly done by Bubbles and a couple of others.
    Last edited by Archyface; 03-14-2018 at 03:27 AM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post

Again many ifs and buts, but this might be somewhat useful, mostly done by Bubbles and a couple of others.
    That chart was made from Live with what the players thought the gear would be. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Also, there are a lot of AoE fights in the game, including in raids. Make sure if you take one of these ST builds for "uber DPS" you also learn how to respec your souls to AoE damage, else you will be near useless for 75% of the game.

+ Reply to Thread