+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: The Questing XP Problem: Why People Are Annoyed

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Anaksul View Post
    There are two explanations for XP being where it currently is.

1. The XP curve is carbon copied from live where being a Patron + Using 160% XP pots is heavily "encouraged" by otherwise making the game... well as grindy as prime is now. Which generally falls in line the with 200% increase over what retail release was for XP for each level, and the current state of the game is just an oversight because the passive patron XP + pots aren't available to make up for the doubled XP required.

2. Trion did this intentionally to artificially lengthen the leveling process so that they can make the content last as long as possible by artificially gating the time to max level, and forcing people into a grind.

I'm hoping that it is just an oversight, and they will bring the XP curve in line with the retail vanilla release. I am praying against all hope it's not the latter option, because that will pretty much spell out the death of prime. People won't remain interested/engaged after their 10,000th rift to get to 50, just so that they can level through SL in a few months. I'm pretty hardcore, most of my guild is pretty hardcore, and makes up the vast majority of the servers top level players at the moment. Burnout is already starting to hit the ranks pretty hard, so I can't imagine how more lax/casual mindset players will feel once they feel the weight of the mid 20's - 50.

Hopefully it's addressed with tomorrow's patch, before the death spiral begins.
    Herein lies the heart of the problem of only running this server for a year.

Whats the point of content, especially the grind, if everything becomes redundant in 3 months?

Got to end game and want to enjoy the awesome raiding and everything else it has to offer?

Better do it fast because this content is going to become redundant before you can say the word.

Feels like it's going to be more of a quick history lesson than actually getting back into the days of the glory of oldschool Rift.

I personally believe if prime fails, this will be the major factor as to why.
    Last edited by whiskiz; 03-14-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskiz View Post
    Herein lies the heart of the problem of only running this server for a year.

Whats the point of content, especially the grind, if everything becomes redundant in 3 months?

Got to end game and want to enjoy the awesome raiding and everything else it has to offer?

Better do it fast because this content is going to become redundant before you can say the word.

Feels like it's going to be more of a quick history lesson than actually getting back into the days of the glory of oldschool Rift.

I personally believe if prime fails, this will be the major factor as to why.
    The EQ prog servers have been successful for years, but they also have faster leveling than the game originally did by a huge margin, rather than slower like Rift currently. Not that Rift Prime needs to be faster than at launch since it wasn't anywhere near as grindy as EQ, but it would be nice if it was around the same instead of what we have now.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Unfortunately questing XP was not addressed in the recent hotfix, so this is kind of where I end my journey. Quests still only giving 2600 when I need 300k per level in the low 30s, quests still aren't giving enough in the low/mid 40s, which means dungeons are still the default. I was waiting to see how Trion would respond, unfortunately this isn't adequate. I don't want to have to Grind KB/RD/LH to get levels.

Farewell my fellow ascended.

Telaran

Unfortunately questing XP was not addressed in the recent hotfix, so this is kind of where I end my journey. Quests still only giving 2600 when I need 300k per level in the low 30s, quests still aren't giving enough in the low/mid 40s, which means dungeons are still the default. I was waiting to see how Trion would respond, unfortunately this isn't adequate. I don't want to have to Grind KB/RD/LH to get levels.

This in a nutshell...Chisel...lol

Came back to enjoy rift prime for some nostalgia. It's been a while. Was wondering why, exactly, leveling felt so sluggish. I enjoy PvP, so it's not terrible (IE I'll stomp warfronts all day), but it's pretty silly that a progression MMO server is gated by the such a huge EXP gate when MMOs don't really start until the end game.

I wonder if the projected average player (The ones that don't quit mind you), will hit 50 before the first expansion is slated to release.

Plane Touched

The quest XP needs a much larger increase.
    At level 44, you need just over 800k to level
    At level 45, it's ~870k to level

Level 44 quests were giving about 3.3k xp
    Level 45 quests giving about 3.6k xp
    Level 46 quests that I have done are about 3.9k xp
    The above numbers, and all quests, should be doubled, imo. About 1% of a level per quest is reasonable. You'll still have to farm and do other things for more XP, but at least doing quests would give you the feeling you are making progress. As they are now, it's barely noticeable when doing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    The quest XP needs a much larger increase.
    At level 44, you need just over 800k to level
    At level 45, it's ~870k to level

Level 44 quests were giving about 3.3k xp
    Level 45 quests giving about 3.6k xp
    Level 46 quests that I have done are about 3.9k xp
    The above numbers, and all quests, should be doubled, imo. About 1% of a level per quest is reasonable. You'll still have to farm and do other things for more XP, but at least doing quests would give you the feeling you are making progress. As they are now, it's barely noticeable when doing quests.
    Exactly what you said, like I mentioned on other thread i farmed LH for 10hours today and yet only got like 2 levels with one of the fastest groups possible for 45 to 47 like lfg cooldown etc not resetting when we ended farming trash packs to the 2nd bosses room, and if i spent my time with questing, I will not get amount of exp I get from farming trashes on LH since 1 run takes like 10 min and i get like 6% of my level at level 47 which means 60k exp but if I spent that 10 min for doing quests I will merely get 15 maybe 20k exp depending quests I do.

Yet that kind of levelling is not what the devs us to do from their messages on community discord, this issue should be addressed like there is 7 or 8 level 50s on 9th day of the game and many people stuck on 47+, now I'm seeing LH in my dreams and thats getting boring.

This server supposed to be fast and fun compared to live with each xpac coming around 3 months and like I said before I do not want to imagine levelling to 60 from 50 with this exp rates and grind way.

This kind of server basically not progress server but slowmode server.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Shadowlander

For the love of god can they please change the XP pool for each level back to what is was on release. That would fix everyone complaining.

As things stand casual gamer's will either leave before they hit 50 or they won't get to do any of the level 50 raids. By the time they get there the level cap will be raised again.

I don't see why they have increased the XP per level so much compared to release. Way to turn all of the new people off, which would potentially save the game.

I know that myself and many others quit because of the grind when they decided to make it pay to win to force people into buying XP boosts. I assumed that due to us paying a sub again this would not be the case.

Telaran

But Trion is trying to "challenge" you to get to 50...what they don't realize is that their thoughts on "challenge" do not come close to the actual "challenge" of trying to slog through this horrible grind....

I'm one of those that thought I would give Trion another chance. I played since Beta 4 right though until about 18 months ago on live servers. A full 6 characters. On two accounts - one for Defiant, and one for Guardian. I payed to be Patron most of that time on my Defiant account. It was the increasing reliance on lock-boxes and pay-to-win that made me leave in disgust.

I was really hoping that Prime would be my chance to play again and enjoy the game. But the leveling is so mind-numbingly, soul-destroyingly tedious that I don't think I can do it. The XP rate is absolutely nothing like it was at launch. Even I whom is notoriously slow at leveling did so in around a week without having to do rift trains, or dungeon spams.

I think there are plenty like me who played at launch and are back to give Trion a last chance. And I can tell you that making XP rates move at glacial speed is not the way to go. I'm having to force myself to log in already, and that does not bode well.

Shadowlander

As usual our devs are too buys "picking flowers" as the words they said were to bother listening to anyone anymore.

It feels like Live is already long dead in less than a week and prime I will add myself to the list of leaving it as it's a complete disaster and I don't have the time in 3 lifetimes to grind to 50.

Enjoy your flashbacks everyone as I fear live wont be there when you finish the walk through memory lane...where will it end ..oh that's right, right back at live if ts still there...

Telaran

2,343,600/202,000 = 11.6 levels. That means at say... 27, if I were to do every quest available in the game would get me to just under level 38. (Not accounting for how much XP you'll need for each level after that level, for instance 35+ it's about 450k/500k lvl (quests only give ~2,200 xp at this point)
    LOL. That's so stupid that it's even a thing...... and not to add you give them a lot of slack considering the fact that to get 20 you have to do some of those quests. Took me about 90 quest in silverwood mixed up with rifts/dungeon/warfronts to get from level 5 to 20. Dungeons netting me 2 levels alone and warfronts about 1 or 2 level aswell, so 90 quest for 5 to 16.

Telaran

There are two explanations for XP being where it currently is.

1. The XP curve is carbon copied from live where being a Patron + Using 160% XP pots is heavily "encouraged" by otherwise making the game... well as grindy as prime is now. Which generally falls in line the with 200% increase over what retail release was for XP for each level, and the current state of the game is just an oversight because the passive patron XP + pots aren't available to make up for the doubled XP required.

2. Trion did this intentionally to artificially lengthen the leveling process so that they can make the content last as long as possible by artificially gating the time to max level, and forcing people into a grind.

I'm hoping that it is just an oversight, and they will bring the XP curve in line with the retail vanilla release. I am praying against all hope it's not the latter option, because that will pretty much spell out the death of prime. People won't remain interested/engaged after their 10,000th rift to get to 50, just so that they can level through SL in a few months. I'm pretty hardcore, most of my guild is pretty hardcore, and makes up the vast majority of the servers top level players at the moment. Burnout is already starting to hit the ranks pretty hard, so I can't imagine how more lax/casual mindset players will feel once they feel the weight of the mid 20's - 50.

Hopefully it's addressed with tomorrow's patch, before the death spiral begins.
    Exactly, forcing gameplay by timegating stuff is stupid, and if they think by that by doing that people will resub if they don't get 50 by the end of their month of patron they're crazy, people already started quitting and it wont stop until this ****show is fixed. While I understand you shouldn't be able to reach max level in 3-4 days playing casually couple hours a day, you should still be able to login, do quests and get a couple levels a night without having to grind dungeons and rift mindlessly because the other options aren't viable.

Since I cleared the first zone (Silverwood) and I'm a tank I've been grinding dungeons only, sitting in Sanctum, because there is no point for me to even show up in the zone. And it sucks, because I'd rather be questing than doing that ****ty grind.

Not to add most of the endgame grind is farming rifts for planarite, rep (if its still a thing) and so on, but people already have to farm this while leveling, do you really think that people want to farm rifts at 50 when they just did 45 levels of rift farming already...?
    Last edited by Nokta; 03-17-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Soulwalker

I don't mind slow xp and some grind. Before subing for Prime, I was playing on a free Dark Age of Camelot server. So I'm used to grinding.
    I also understand people have lives and can't play all the time but still want to end game raid, ect. Trion should find a middle ground and fix some stuff like quest. But people should do the content and play the "MMORPG" and not get a free ride like Live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by silverskyway View Post
    I don't mind slow xp and some grind. Before subing for Prime, I was playing on a free Dark Age of Camelot server. So I'm used to grinding.
    I also understand people have lives and can't play all the time but still want to end game raid, ect. Trion should find a middle ground and fix some stuff like quest. But people should do the content and play the "MMORPG" and not get a free ride like Live servers.
    No one is asking for a free ride. I have played my fair share of MMOs dating back to pre PoP in EQ. A grind is not unfamiliar to me.

However, this is not EQ, or WoW vanilla. This was advertised as a progression server, releasing content at a rapid rate. I play about 3-4 hours a day, and a bit more on the weekend. I am still level 38, and quickly losing interest. Nothing about this is rapid.

I felt the leveling to 20 didn't seem bad, and I was quick to judge some others that were ahead of me here posting on the forums. They were right. This is taking the spark the server has and flushing it right down the drain. I feel confident in speaking for the majority when I say " we don't want to spend 120+ hours grinding trash in dungeons or spam chaining rifts in zerg raids to level." And if we don't do that, it will take even longer to level.

Trion needs to stay true to how the advertised this server. RAPID progression. I am not saying get 1-50 in few hours a night for a week. However, in a 4 hour session, of questing, pvp, rifts, dungeons or any combination. I should feel I made real progress on my character.

- For clarity, I would suggest that if someone was to level efficiently, they should be able to reach max level in about 80 hours of play time. That is about half of what current players are experiencing, and about 3/4 of what the first 50s did (who got to use some alternative methods to quickly gain XP, that is no longer available to us)
    Last edited by Draknox; 03-17-2018 at 10:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast