+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: The Questing XP Problem: Why People Are Annoyed

Rift Disciple

No I'm saying they undid the changes they did days ago that buffed exp values. They are no longer buffed.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lakkin View Post
    No I'm saying they undid the changes they did days ago that buffed exp values. They are no longer buffed.
    WOOPS...my bad :P lol. that's odd...maybe its in preparation for a better option?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lakkin View Post
    Can't wait to see what Artificial gate #3 is.
    Honestly I think once we get to 50 we are going to be disappointed. Vendors sell what appear to extremely strong lessers for fairly inexpensive planarite and favor prices. My expectation is that the second I ding 50 I'll be able to buy the PvP 110% mount, focus and 2 good lessers and then use planarite and void stones for 4 more lessers (or 2 lessers and 2 greaters, seen some nice gresters that are cheap too) and probably other gear. Leveling is so slow that I might be able to make a dps and healing focus at 50 too. It seems like the exp is grossly overturned and the level 50 currency cost of everything is grossly undertuned

Given this suspicion, I'm actually starting to accept that leveling up might give me more of a progression feeling than actually being level 50 may

As a bonus, as a level 31 mage, I've seen 0 evidence of the existence of tanking gear for Arbiter. I would not be at all surprised to hit 50 and discover that they completely forgot to make it possible for mage to tank efficiently at level 50. Which is a bummer bc I'd like to be tanking again asap
    Last edited by onetime; 03-13-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Soulwalker

I cant do the grind anymore. This isn't even remotely how rift was originally and its just not how I want to level. I've done so many rift I cant even stand to log on.
    Silver Coast Buccaneers

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lundync View Post
    I cant do the grind anymore. This isn't even remotely how rift was originally and its just not how I want to level. I've done so many rift I cant even stand to log on.
    I understand completely! As a side note (and before I saw these forum posts) I started using the "completionist" addon because I thought I was missing a whole quest hub since I was already out of quests in the starter zone and not nearly high enough to go to the next zone.

Poor design and another disappointment.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Honestly I think once we get to 50 we are going to be disappointed. Vendors sell what appear to extremely strong lessers for fairly inexpensive planarite and favor prices. My expectation is that the second I ding 50 I'll be able to buy the PvP 110% mount, focus and 2 good lessers and then use planarite and void stones for 4 more lessers (or 2 lessers and 2 greaters, seen some nice gresters that are cheap too) and probably other gear. Leveling is so slow that I might be able to make a dps and healing focus at 50 too. It seems like the exp is grossly overturned and the level 50 currency cost of everything is grossly undertuned

Given this suspicion, I'm actually starting to accept that leveling up might give me more of a progression feeling than actually being level 50 may

As a bonus, as a level 31 mage, I've seen 0 evidence of the existence of tanking gear for Arbiter. I would not be at all surprised to hit 50 and discover that they completely forgot to make it possible for mage to tank efficiently at level 50. Which is a bummer bc I'd like to be tanking again asap
    Honestly, at this point it wont matter if I am disappointed in level 50 content, I am not going to make it. If I wanted to play a grinder I would have played an Eastern MMO.
    Silver Coast Buccaneers

Shadowlander

I'm surprised there aren't any "Quest is XP is fine" claims in this thread, that breed seems to have died out, I'm guessing they hit the late 20's.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lundync View Post
    Me too. It is so disappointing; I was really excited for this. Iím done with Gloamwood quests at 23-24 and the next zones start at 27 and I just canít do another grind yet. I wish people, incuding the devs, understood the difference between making things challenging because itís engaging, interesting, and immersive content versus just making everything take longer. Iím tired of being called lazy or being accused of wanting everything handed to me when really I just want the quest and dungeon gameplay I remember and leave the *actual* lazy players to tag stuff in their zerg group and spam their one-button macro.

I am not experiencing this problem with experience. Since it was asked. Level 25 and in Seering Gorge. Able to kill mobs without much worries and still have many many quests left in 2 previous zones undone. In fact I have not even been zerging zone events. Some dungeons and some pvp but again not spamming warfronts. So maybe balanced progression works for me.

Don't forget to have fun ingame. Do what works for you.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    I am not experiencing this problem with experience. Since it was asked. Level 25 and in Seering Gorge. Able to kill mobs without much worries and still have many many quests left in 2 previous zones undone. In fact I have not even been zerging zone events. Some dungeons and some pvp but again not spamming warfronts. So maybe balanced progression works for me.

You'll be noticing it shortly then, there aren't enough quests in Searing Gorge to get you to level 26.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post

A level 33 quest gives 2300 exp and you need 325,000 exp to get to level 34

A level 39 quest gives 2709 exp and you need 536,000 to get to level 40

This is why everyone discredits anyone's opinion who is not in the mid 30's yet. A level 19 quest gives 1800 - 1900 exp and I don't know the values from 19 to 20 but the problem grows exponentially the further you level. Mobs essentially give the same terrible 150-250 exp the entire time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vouhn View Post
    xp is definitely still off by a mile but i'm pretty sure Trion isn't doing it intentionally. The rush to 50 on my shard during launch had people already hitting 50 or in their 40s by now a week later. They just need to boost questing experience to match rift farming and it would be good to go. A easy fix would be the carnage quests to start with. Grinding rifts is pretty much the only current option to catch up levels right now and that is tedious after awhile and mind-numbingly boring.
    I can assure that they doing it intentionally, one of the reasons most post 50 content is not ready, for example if you check LFG option you will notice that only 5 expert dungeons are showing up for direct queue and they are the ones used to be T1 dungeons on classic times and yet most pre 50 dungeons having overtuned mob damages basically a boss can 1 shot you with normal ability which shouldn't be case from classic times unless it was important skill like needing los etc.

Also given from exp values needed per level, they are like 3.5x value of live but meanwhile all quest exps are lower than live even yet invasion farming gone as of today grind is real.

Currently on level 42 a runic descent full clear gives me 8% of exp and lantern hook gives around 15% ish, a high dps group can clear RD in 15min so its like 3 hours to level from 42 to 43 via there and LH clears like in 25ish min and still makes it to 3hours by dungeon grinding but when invasion farming was a thing you could get 42 to 43 in around 35min, thats why most people skipped quests and even dungeons but this was not intentional way.

Yet people leveled up from 44 to 48 around 10hrs with this invasion farming so it can give you an idea how broken it was too.

I honestly dunno why such low levelling on progression server which supposed to get each xpac in 3months and we already in first week but there is only 1 level 50 and 1 level 49 char in whole game which is making me worry when SL releases it will be like 8m exp to 50 to 51 and like 20m exp for 59 to 60 so good luck with farming it if things stay like this.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Telaran

Is it me or is Trion making up for having a leveling experience that is too fast? If that's the case, add more endgame, not more grind....daily quests at endgame for endgame materials/gear. Endgame is what matters everytime..."the journey" is nothing more but a means to an end.

I agree the whole invasion farming while ignoring the zone event, while effective in terms of xp gain, is not in the spirit of the game as mentioned and needed to be dealt with, maybe people would have not felt compelled to do it if the questing alone was more viable?

My toon is at level 30 currently needing 240k xp to level and the quests available offer just over 2k xp, now even if i mix it up a bit and throw in a warfront and a dungeon or two here and there though i despise pvp with a real passion, it's obvious to me what is ahead of me is nothing but a mindless grind, rift and invasion farming was mindless too but at least it was an effective way to complement the levelling process, I could do some and be ready for the quests in the next zone so I could carry on with the flow.

This sort of grinding in my opinion is not fun and definitely not challenging, i grind in real life and get paid to do it and i'm not about to let that carry over into a video game, I would very much like to just logon for a couple of hours after work, do a bit of this and that and actually notice my xp bar move a bit.

Trion had one chance to hook me and my money back in and failed sadly, this is nothing like the original chocolate i remember and cherish (yeah yeah i know,it's Prime not Chocolate), so bearing in mind this is probably a sign of things to come I have decided to cut my losses and run.

I should have known better i suppose and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone.
    Last edited by Asenturius; 03-13-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by soonjung View Post
    Me too. It is so disappointing; I was really excited for this. Iím done with Gloamwood quests at 23-24 and the next zones start at 27 and I just canít do another grind yet. I wish people, incuding the devs, understood the difference between making things challenging because itís engaging, interesting, and immersive content versus just making everything take longer. Iím tired of being called lazy or being accused of wanting everything handed to me when really I just want the quest and dungeon gameplay I remember and leave the *actual* lazy players to tag stuff in their zerg group and spam their one-button macro.
    Me too. As I wrote in another thread, I stopped playing three days ago and will be watching the changes. If the quest xp are customized as they where at release, then I will continue to play.

In the meantime I prefer to do something that I personally enjoy more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast