+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: For those of us enjoying Prime. this is a good sign.

Soulwalker

Default Trion had experience with AFK problems

I cancelled my sub - unfortunately this is pretty much a single run and falling behind everyone because you can't get in the game means not having lots of people your level doing events and dungeons - which really makes Rift special. Trion - you KNEW from your experience in Archeage how critical AFK timers were on a popular server, yet released Rift Prime this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Issigri View Post
    I cancelled my sub - unfortunately this is pretty much a single run and falling behind everyone because you can't get in the game means not having lots of people your level doing events and dungeons - which really makes Rift special. Trion - you KNEW from your experience in Archeage how critical AFK timers were on a popular server, yet released Rift Prime this way.
    Can I have your stuff?

Rift Disciple

Relax with the dramatics people. I'm willing to bet the majority of the population isn't even level 20 yet. The queue isn't that bad. In fact, it is a good thing as it is a sign that the sever is a desirable place to play. Trust me, you want a healthy server population. Another fact is that the first week(s) of a fresh server in any game is always going to have the highest population numbers. The numbers will eventually stabilize and the queue will likely be gone in a few weeks. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to purchase another server when its only a couple hundred people in queue. The population on the server WILL decline. It is the natural ebb and flow of every fresh server ever. Trion would look pretty silly if they invested in a server that they wouldn't even need in a few weeks.

The goal is to retain the bulk of the returning player base that are in it for the long haul. Not the flavor of the month people who will have moved on to the next hype game within a few weeks. I am not saying the people complaining about the queue are flavor of the month people. I am just pointing out that that specific group will move on soon and with that, the queue will likely be gone.

Drama Queens after a few days wow.

Shadowlander

Prime is amazing. enough said!

Shadowlander

LUL! GROW UP!

Rift Disciple

I don't get this... there is a level cap. You will catch up with everyone, servers are out for a WEEK and there are able 5 people at 50, I started playing on Friday and I'm already at 28. And what do you mean "can't get in the game"? The longest I've waited in a queue is 15 minutes when I get home from work. If those 15 minutes a day are all you can put into an MMO, then it really isn't the genre for someone with your limited free time. Not trying to be mean, just being honest here. I don't take up Card Games like M:TG because I don't have enough disposable income to be able to be competitive.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6