+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: For those of us enjoying Prime. this is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrah View Post
    Back in the old days of Classic Rift we had long queues as well. It's not easy to anticipate the number of people beforehand, and it is true that the number of people will diminish again after the first exitement runs out, but on the other hand it was pretty clear from the start that Prime would bring back old-timers just because of the Patron-only access and removal of the cash shop. That, and being able to do 20-person raids again

I remember launch day was 3+ hours. o.O
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

Default Doesn't make sense....

That the number of people "in line" keep DECREASING yet my timer is INCREASING.

I'm excited that there is so much interest as it means the AH should be hopping....and I need to buy a mount for my 2nd alt

I do, however, think the AFK timer/kick @TrionBrasse mentioned may need to be implemented. If server space is at a premium, people shouldn't be able to be AFK for more than the length of a potty/coffee/doorbell break.

I'm enjoying the Prime experience!
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    That the number of people "in line" keep DECREASING yet my timer is INCREASING.

I'm excited that there is so much interest as it means the AH should be hopping....and I need to buy a mount for my 2nd alt

I do, however, think the AFK timer/kick @TrionBrasse mentioned may need to be implemented. If server space is at a premium, people shouldn't be able to be AFK for more than the length of a potty/coffee/doorbell break.

I'm enjoying the Prime experience!
    It may take into account how many people are logging in and how long it takes between people logging out. So may just be a algorithm thing.

--Taaltos--

Soulwalker

What i don't get that you all complain like queues in launches is not the norm of mmos.

There is always a check of the server load and capacity and steadily they raise the limits. Every company does this. Yes it is annoying to be ther person that needs to wait. But to have more stability and a better play experience later when you play it this is a necessity in the beginning.

At least it is a good sign that there are many people that want to enjoy it. So even though we would love to have everything at once and everything perfect reality is not perfect. Let's us all have a bit of paitience and understanding.

Soulwalker

Default Queues getting worse, not better

Currently in queue 299, 38 minute wait, down from 378 (47 minutes). It's not my imagination that the queues are getting longer, not shorter?

Soulwalker

Try to solve this, not every one can wait 1 hour to play.

upload photo album online

People will write bad reviews because of this . This means that Rift Prime will loss potential customers , this also means that the company will have lower incoming.
    You will just lose people in this way. I think the company OWNER will be mad if he knows that he loss people (money) .
    Just upgrade the server , and increase the population cap so every one can play at any time. Just explain the Owner what is the problem and ask for server upgrade. Server upgrade =>> happy people =>> good reviews = >> new people = >>more money for the company.
    A service is needed to be provided 24/24 7/7 by law.

Default Frozen.....

at 201 Patrons/25 min wait for over 10 mins now. I'm hesitant to hit "Cancel" because I'm afraid to start the counter all over. Phooey.

EDIT: Nice surprise - hit Exit and relaunched - 8 min wait which actually more like 45 seconds. I'm in. Don't be afraid to Exit out if your counter freezes.
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 03-10-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Hmmm, I guess it depends on play time - I have logged in over the last 3 days at different times, always got queue but it was around 3 minutes. I am stoked about the population - I agree with OP, it's a good problem to have!

Every time I have trouble getting to a quest mob or object, I am thankful because it means there are so many people playing! That makes me happy

But I want everyone who wants to play to be able to play. I just hop in queue and if I see a long wait then I take care of other things I need to do during that time.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Soulwalker

please fix this asap as we all have paid money for playing and not for just queuing!

Default same here, 45 min que

Cant believe I am paying to wait.... But, the silver lining is there are many players, so a two edged swored with no hilt.
    "I find your lack of WIN disturbing. May the FAIL be with you! "

Personally I'm fine with waiting until the patron time the Primogenitor pack provided runs out. I expect at that time, Trion will have a much more accurate view on long-term population.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Personally I'm fine with waiting until the patron time the Primogenitor pack provided runs out. I expect at that time, Trion will have a much more accurate view on long-term population.
    Electrah, i've been gone a long while, have a good Riftstalker Build/Rot for a returning player? Or a good resource?

--Taaltos--

Quote Originally Posted by Taaltos View Post
    Electrah, i've been gone a long while, have a good Riftstalker Build/Rot for a returning player? Or a good resource?
    First, thank you for showing interest in improving your character. That is getting increasingly rare these days.

Second, I recommend everyone to do their own research and make their own builds. Copying builds/macro's from others can be a good start but in the end everyone's different and might have a different playstyle.
    At my current level, what I can do is quite limited: I have to adjust the speed at which I pull and the way I take on encounters based on those limits. At the level cap I will do the expert versions of dungeons quite differently even if the mechanics were to be the same.

That being said, this is what I currently use:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#zgd/thhQiAw/v (my rogue is lvl 22 actually, not 21 as I thought)
    Bard is there as a placeholder for Tactician at the moment (I almost have enough planarite), since in Classic we used Bard as an offsoul for tanking, along with Bladedancer. After Bladedancer (especially the lower skills) were significantly changed it was replaced by Ranger, and Bard was replaced by Tactician when it became available.

This was my build on Gelidra:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...BiGB4/Th0|PcXw

I imagine that by the time we get to lvl 50, things might look a bit different since we won't have the 61-point abilities that defined our builds back on Live.

If by Rot you mean rotation, tanks in Rift don't really have that much of a rotation. What you do and in which order depends on your playstyle and the specifics of the encounter. Back in classic Rift I made very heavy use of Memory Capture/Flashback in experts, especially in Deepstrike Mines with that over-abundance of ranged mobs. That combo is quite nice to pull mobs out, prevent social aggro and make ranged mobs come to you (if you put your memory capture behind a corner for example).
    On some encounters you can just dash right in the middle of mobs.

I am quite looking forward to having Planar Splash, the reduced cooldown on plane shifts, and memory capture/flashback available again ;-)

As a general rule of thumb I would say: use the uniqueness and benefits of Riftstalker to their maximum, while being mindful of the limitations.
    Last edited by Electrah; 03-10-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    No longer playing Rift

First, thank you for showing interest in improving your character. That is getting increasingly rare these days.

Second, I recommend everyone to do their own research and make their own builds. Copying builds/macro's from others can be a good start but in the end everyone's different and might have a different playstyle.
    At my current level, what I can do is quite limited: I have to adjust the speed at which I pull and the way I take on encounters based on those limits. At the level cap I will do the expert versions of dungeons quite differently even if the mechanics were to be the same.

That being said, this is what I currently use:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#zgd/thhQiAw/v (my rogue is lvl 22 actually, not 21 as I thought)
    Bard is there as a placeholder for Tactician at the moment (I almost have enough planarite), since in Classic we used Bard as an offsoul for tanking, along with Bladedancer. After Bladedancer (especially the lower skills) were significantly changed it was replaced by Ranger, and Bard was replaced by Tactician when it became available.

This was my build on Gelidra:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...BiGB4/Th0|PcXw

I imagine that by the time we get to lvl 50, things might look a bit different since we won't have the 61-point abilities that defined our builds back on Live.
    I'm always interested in being a better player.

I remember tanking for Shard Events and stuff back before Storm Legion came out, but that was so long ago when we had to manage our cool downs and our buffs before they were removed from the game altogether.

I appreciate the nice break down and bring me mostly up to speed on the major changes.

Thanks!

--Taaltos--

My pleasure.

I imagine my build at lvl 50 will be this:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#zgd/tkGkiAEGFh0/Th0

Feel free to drop me a private message if you have a specific question. I tanked raids up until CoA HM (around the end of the previous expansion on Live - when Trion decided it was a good idea to change the proc on a tank weapon it had taken ages for me to get; and the announcement of the end of 20-person raids).
    No longer playing Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast