+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: For those of us enjoying Prime. this is a good sign.

Plane Walker

It is one shard. A newly launched (old) product and it fills one shard at launch.

That being said, I got an hour to play and 459 ppl in queue and 1 hour 9 minute wait
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Plane Touched

currently 406 in queue and over an hour wait

Plane Touched

My queue went like this:

48 minutes
    20 minutes later:
    30 minutes
    15 minutes later
    20 minutes

Then it froze and never went down lower. I left the queue after 5 mins, waited a total of 40 minutes and never got in.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    It is one shard. A newly launched (old) product and it fills one shard at launch.

That being said, I got an hour to play and 459 ppl in queue and 1 hour 9 minute wait
    It will freeze or crash after 30 mins

If you do get in, note that many people are simply AFK near the auction or main city. Perhaps if they booted them?

Make sure to post your concern here too!

Make sure you're heard, ya heard? lol

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ng-member.html

[Brasse edit:]Taaltos, starting multiple threads on one topic to push a specific agenda is against our Forum Guidelines. I have closed that other thread. This is the main thread, and I am using it to keep official responses and attention in one place. Thanks!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 03-10-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

Sorry about that, I put it in the suggestion box, was trying to put it where it belonged.

--Taaltos--

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

There is a full on rush to glory right now on Vigil.
    We do expect logins to slow down and spread out over the day as time goes on.

The Dev team is discussing application of an AFK timer, but this action will require a full on patch, so cannot be implemented before this Wednesday. The team will evaluate if this is still needed at that time.

We were in peak primetime for both NA/EU - the busiest part of the busiest day of the week when the queues overflowed today, with a brand new and exciting service. Again, we expect this to lessen over time. In the meantime, Amary has opened another 200 slots on the server, as it is capable of holding more than a standard Live server.

I am about to enter the queue as well, and I salute you all!
    Brasse

Same here, I started with a 300+ Queue, and I have been stuck at 149 with ETA of 20 mins for about 10 mins now. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There is a full on rush to glory right now on Vigil.
    We do expect logins to slow down and spread out over the day as time goes on.

The Dev team is discussing application of an AFK timer, but this action will require a full on patch, so cannot be implemented before this Wednesday. The team will evaluate if this is still needed at that time.

We were in peak primetime for both NA/EU - the busiest part of the busiest day of the week when the queues overflowed today, with a brand new and exciting service. Again, we expect this to lessen over time. In the meantime, Amary has opened another 200 slots on the server, as it is capable of holding more than a standard Live server.

I am about to enter the queue as well, and I salute you all!
    Brasse

Huzzah!

Thanks for the response. Again, sorry for the multiple post.

--Taaltos--

Soulwalker

This is clearly poor planning on the part of Trion. When you know what your sub numbers are it's simple math. Add a % to that (admittedly that's guesswork, but the bean counters have those numbers) and plan capacity for a small % above that.

Not really that difficult. To have queues this bad 3 days after launch is pretty bad. And to have made the decision not to reimplement AFK kick is criminal.

Oh, and pay no attention to estimated time, watch your position in queue, mine went from over 300 to to the 200's then got stuck in the 130's. Quit went back in and watched it bounce around. The estimated time looks like they borrowed a page from Microsoft.

I froze at 127 / 21 minutes after waiting about 25 minutes. Restarting immediately put me back in the que at 77 / 11 minutes. I don't know if it kept my position or if it's a fluke, but give it a shot if your position locks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poral View Post
    I froze at 127 / 21 minutes after waiting about 25 minutes. Restarting immediately put me back in the que at 77 / 11 minutes. I don't know if it kept my position or if it's a fluke, but give it a shot if your position locks up.
    I just did the same, ended up around the same numbers.

Soulwalker

That's not funny

Back in the old days of Classic Rift we had long queues as well. It's not easy to anticipate the number of people beforehand, and it is true that the number of people will diminish again after the first excitement runs out, but on the other hand it was pretty clear from the start that Prime would bring back old-timers just because of the Patron-only access and removal of the cash shop. That, and being able to do 20-person raids again

Last edited by Electrah; 03-10-2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Screenshot pasted as text (yuk)
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

yeah I looked at server today and got 311players with a 33min wait, 33minutes later i was at 177 with 23min wait

it is inaccurate and takes so long most players run out of quality play time to spend in game, this will kill Prime fast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast