+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Lack of PvP content

Soulwalker

Default RIFT Prime is the best MMORPG on the market

Update:

I decided to give RIFT Prime a chance, even though it doesnt have World PvP and I have to say its been a great decision. The game is awesome, I can't believe how much fun I'm having. RIFT Prime is the real deal folks. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Pythong; 03-22-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythong View Post
    The apparent lack of PvP content including:
    - No PRIME PvP server (World PvP)
    - No Conquest

Has sadly made me cancel my Patron subscription after logging in and facing reality. The only available server is PvE and Conquest mode isn't available (yet). It's a shame because i was really looking forward to playing MMORPGs again.

I might come back if Trion adds a PvP server for Prime, until then, this game will continue being a PvE game.

Peace
    They've been very up front about this from the very beginning when they announced it. They also stated there would be no conquest for Prime. They took out out towards the end of Nightmare Tide and even by that point no one played it. Rift in general has almost always been PvE centric. There is a subset of players that really enjoy pvp, but it's never been quite enough for major PvP overhauls. Even conquest only did as well for as long as it did because they added in PvE incentives like conquest power and upgrade components for raid gear.

The next iteration of prime might be more PvP focused, but that really depends on if the audience is there for them to warrant making one specifically for PvPers. That's not to say that I think pvpers shouldn't get anything, but that's just been the history of it over the years. They've never been shy about stating that either.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-09-2018 at 03:44 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Yes open world pvp please sucks with out.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    They've been very up front about this from the very beginning when they announced it. They also stated there would be no conquest for Prime.
    Conquest and PvP in general died on live due to lack of incentives and progression.

The change of CQ activity from SL to NMT directly supports this statement.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Rift Disciple

Well we are here, we want pvp outside WF's if trion wants to keep the pvp croud they have to cator, atm their is next to no PVP focused games which feel fresh.

Hope I am having a blast in the various WFs, Rift is not a PvP game. There are a lot of those types of games out there, but I believe its been proven over and over that a PvP server just does not have enough people to support it.

I seriously doubt you will ever see a PvP server in Rift, and if they do cater to this severe minority (like they sometimes do) it will fail and lose money. Even you, OP who might come play for a bit would leave within weeks, maybe months.

Rift is not a good open world PvP game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    Hope I am having a blast in the various WFs, Rift is not a PvP game. There are a lot of those types of games out there, but I believe its been proven over and over that a PvP server just does not have enough people to support it.

I seriously doubt you will ever see a PvP server in Rift, and if they do cater to this severe minority (like they sometimes do) it will fail and lose money. Even you, OP who might come play for a bit would leave within weeks, maybe months.

Rift is not a good open world PvP game.
    You are wrong, Archeage, gw and BDO all have become stale. Thier has no been a fresh server for pvp for some years in the mmo world. PVPers are waiting i am on a guild discord with almost 100 men ready for a new pvp game, why cant it be rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythong View Post
    The apparent lack of PvP content including:
    - No PRIME PvP server (World PvP)
    - No Conquest

Has sadly made me cancel my Patron subscription after logging in and facing reality. The only available server is PvE and Conquest mode isn't available (yet). It's a shame because i was really looking forward to playing MMORPGs again.

I might come back if Trion adds a PvP server for Prime, until then, this game will continue being a PvE game.

Peace
    They gave you all that information well before Vigil was launched. So you came to the forums to announce you were quitting over something that you were told wasn't going to be there to begin with.

So this is just another, "I quit, because they wouldn't give me what I wanted" post.

Rift Disciple

You know there are zone events that is open world pvp, right?

Soulwalker

Do you even have your PVP tag on?

Soulwalker

From what I understand, on prime people can flag for pvp and kill unflagged (other faction( players.

Soulwalker

Update:

I decided to give RIFT Prime a chance, even though it doesnt have World PvP and I have to say its been a great decision. The game is awesome, I can't believe how much fun I'm having. RIFT Prime is the real deal folks. Sorry for the confusion.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shodaime View Post
    From what I understand, on prime people can flag for pvp and kill unflagged (other faction( players.
    Not anymore! It was a bug and was never intended!
    Last edited by Laethe; 03-20-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenor123 View Post
    Do you even have your PVP tag on?
    Yes, it is 100% consentual, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyundies View Post
    You are wrong, Archeage, gw and BDO all have become stale. Thier has no been a fresh server for pvp for some years in the mmo world. PVPers are waiting i am on a guild discord with almost 100 men ready for a new pvp game, why cant it be rift.
    wow 100 whole ppl are going to carry a pvp friendly troll state game

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyundies View Post
    Well we are here, we want pvp outside WF's if trion wants to keep the pvp croud they have to cator, atm their is next to no PVP focused games which feel fresh.
    well unfortunately pvp crowds are a dwindling breed that enjoy LoL and WoW and most other game companies have no desire to have in their environment trolling other players, to dedicate an entire server to them would be as pointless as having SeaStone on Live atm where everyone just changes shards to avoid open world pvp thanks to player derpers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast