+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Keep Rift Prime XP The Way It Is

Sledgehammer Problem Solving for a nonexistent problem.

thye had to bump the xp for rifts and invasion, i was getting like 250 for a rift now its like 700. at 250 it was not worth the time investment to do the rift.
    Something witty goes here.

Soulwalker

An ellipsis is not a replacement for proper formatting or punctuation. That aside, I'm personally glad they've increased exp rates. Heck, it may still be too low.

Soulwalker

Honestly they could double the exp from quests/carnages and it'd still be pretty slow levelling. Currently getting 2-4k exp per normal quest, and around 1.9-2k from carnage quests. At level 28, to get to 29 I need to gain around 200k exp. That's 100 normal quests. Doubling the exp would still be around 50 quests which is still a hefty chunk of levelling.

Telaran

I think the exp curve for quests is low. Remember when rift first came out you got exp from all kinds of things that you don't get it from now. Also, the exp curve is probably based of live where if your non-patron you have to work for level and when you are you don't. I think were just all getting the pre-bonus exp.

Either way it feels off but some people are dinging 50 already.

Soulwalker

I'm really skeptical of your opinion because you seem intentionally uninformed about the xp available to people over level 30. I've done almost every quest available to me through Scarwood Reach and IPP and I'm only 32. FC trash runs take 30 min and give 45k xp, quests take 5-20 minutes each and give 2.2k. Wafronts give 5.5k, rifts give 6k. Zone events give a bit more than 10% if you aren't mentored.

Currently it takes about 3 hours to level once, but that will slow down once the mobs in FC turn green, then the only thing available is uninterrupted rift farming for 3 hours a level.

If I do all the quests in the zone I should level more than once, especially in zones like Stonefield that are 6 levels long but don't even level you twice.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Donamir View Post
    the whiners

so LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE and Keep Rift Prime XP the way it is….OR YOU WILL LOSE SUBSCRIBERS.
    - "The whiners" are simply stating a fact that to gain one level now, takes 2.3% more exp than it did at launch. It's statistical fact.

- If they leave it alone, Im sure there will be mass parties of celebration...kinda like EQ and AO servers....oh...wait...nvm...people don't want to grind their xp anymore.

Don't play the "I've been gaming since you were in diapers" kick. My first MMO was EQ, then AO where I grinded ALL DAY LONG. It was fun for its time, but then the MMORPG evolved and Quests were created. This subdued the laborious nature of grinding and added more story to the game as well as gave your character more purpose (although some might like to create their own purpose).

Just because some games went WAYYYY too far with quest grinds and carrot on a stick rides, doesn't mean it wasnt an evolution of the genre...it was.

Rift was first built as a theme park game with questing as the main source of experience and enjoyment. Maybe you wanted a different game entirely? Many original Rift players did not...
    Last edited by Devilokk; 03-13-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    This didnt even put a dent in the issue...Imma little confused how people are so oblivious to a very obvious issue. There is a VAST difference between the XP required to level in Vanilla Rift as compared to Rift Prime. It's not even close...

Wall of Text hits you for 9999 non physical damage.
    You have been slain.
    LOADING PLEASE WAIT....

First off old school EQ player here as well. With that type of grammar are you sure you were old enough to play EQ? But I digress.

Exp is a problem, exp gain is lower and you require more to level than in vanilla Rift.

Thanks to someone on the forums they actually posted the old exp requirements to level from the wiki,

http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_to_Level

Exp rates should be changed to be actual vanilla levels not require more and give less.
    Last edited by Rolien; 03-13-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolien View Post
    Wall of Text hits you for 9999 non physical damage.
    You have been slain.
    LOADING PLEASE WAIT....

First off old school EQ player here as well. With that type of grammar are you sure you were old enough to play EQ? But I digress.

Exp is a problem, exp gain is lower and you require more to level than in vanilla Rift.

Thanks to someone on the forums they actually posted the old exp requirements to level from the wiki,

http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_to_Level

Exp rates should be changed to be actual vanilla levels not require more and give less.
    We outleveled zones in Vanilla and we complained about that too. There should be a happy medium somewhere in there.

I enjoy having a level curve to push against and have it push back a little. That's so rare in mmo gaming now. I don't want it to devolve into a tedious grind either just for the sake of going slow.

I'd rather Trion do small incremental adjustments rather than extreme changes. It's always easy to add a little more xp. It's almost impossible to take it away again.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    We outleveled zones in Vanilla and we complained about that too. There should be a happy medium somewhere in there.

I enjoy having a level curve to push against and have it push back a little. That's so rare in mmo gaming now. I don't want it to devolve into a tedious grind either just for the sake of going slow.

I'd rather Trion do small incremental adjustments rather than extreme changes. It's always easy to add a little more xp. It's almost impossible to take it away again.
    Slow incremental changes are going to be what lead more and more people to quitting. Currently its ~3-5 hour levels pushing into the late 30s to early 40s from hard grinding dungeons, 4-6 from grinding Rifts. There aren't quests at all to complete to level. Most of the people I've rolled with have quit in the late 20s-mid 30s. I'm afraid to see how many of us make it through the late 30s and 40s. As interesting as a heavy grind can be, I guarantee you that's going to lead to a swift death to the Prime player base.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2