+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Only 2 slot character.. -.-''

Shadowlander

Just seems like the answer could have been to further limit the number of tradeskills you could have per character instead, such as one gathering and one crafting. Still forces economic interaction, but allows everyone to try each class without needing to make the hard decision to delete one. (I realize it’s too late to go back on this now, though.)

Another suggestion: Implement something where you can create one of each class through starting zone/first dungeon, but must choose two after that. Or maybe even four slots, but only two can be “active” with a nice long cooldown on switching, such as 30 days? Because I understand the reason behind the two-character limit, but it does feel punitive to those who have not played each class before and may choose “wrong.”

(I feel like someone is going to say that one could create a character on Live to try. Yes, that is true, but people who choose Prime want that particular experience and gameplay and choose to pay for it for a reason. Also, the low-level population is clearly less active on most Live servers, making group activities a challenge even with mentoring available.)
    Last edited by soonjung; 03-11-2018 at 10:49 PM.

At first I was a little bothered by this. This server is supposed to be more challenging (at least that's how I see it). I'm using to try new things that I hadn't really rolled with previously. In "live" I solo 90% of the time. It's a bad habit I have. I've never been super social or stayed in Guild for long mostly due to my limited play time. Everyone passes me by. Due to the limitations on this server, I'm going to make a special effort to change up my game get in a guild and try and come out from under the rock I where I usually am. Now if I need a "fix" of playing a different class, I can do that on Live, right? Time to push the envelope!
    Thundersson- 60 Rogue,
    Raverstyx- 60 Mage
    Tharpe- 60 Warrior
    Faeblight server

Rift Disciple

I mostly just criticize Trion. I do, however, agree with this design decision.

Quote Originally Posted by soonjung View Post
    Just seems like the answer could have been to further limit the number of tradeskills you could have per character instead, such as one gathering and one crafting. Still forces economic interaction, but allows everyone to try each class without needing to make the hard decision to delete one. (I realize itís too late to go back on this now, though.)
    That would have reached their intended result far better, imo.
    Right now, you don't need to trade with others.

For example, just give your main 3 gathering skills. Give your alt 3 crafting skills. You'll be covered for pretty much everything you could need.

Mining, Butchering, Foraging covers 99% of what you'll need for Weaponsmithing, Outfitting, Armormsithing, and artifice.

Make a Rogue and a Mage. You don't need armorsmithing.
    Make a Cleric and Warrior, you don't need outfitting.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    That would have reached their intended result far better, imo.
    Right now, you don't need to trade with others.

For example, just give your main 3 gathering skills. Give your alt 3 crafting skills. You'll be covered for pretty much everything you could need.

Mining, Butchering, Foraging covers 99% of what you'll need for Weaponsmithing, Outfitting, Armormsithing, and artifice.

Make a Rogue and a Mage. You don't need armorsmithing.
    Make a Cleric and Warrior, you don't need outfitting.
    Yep. Or forgo the armor crafting (keep outfitter for bags) and do runebreak and apoth. Those will make so much plat you can just buy the other crafted gear.
    Last edited by soonjung; 03-12-2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.

Shadowlander

is there no way to block crafting skills on 3rd and 4th char?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Belfa View Post
    is there no way to block crafting skills on 3rd and 4th char?
    No, they can patch the game without taking the servers down but something like that? Don't be ridiculous, the technology just isn't there yet.

Soulwalker

How about we limit the Prime accounts to X number of professions (3, 6, whatever) and open more character slots. So I will still have to rely on my guild mates (or the auction house) for some profession related stuff, but I can still fool around with alts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dwops View Post
    I mostly just criticize Trion. I do, however, agree with this design decision.
    Give this man a beer for being honest
    Last edited by Ceonnyn; 03-14-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Shadowlander

As a complete newb (never played Rift before on Live) this is one thing I find frustrating...I'd at least like to see what all classes are like to Lvl 10 before deciding what to settle one...I understand the logic and it's a good lesson learned from WOW but surely there is a way around it

Default crafting is not the only reason I'd like more alts...

The wardrobe unlock changes that have been implemented

I am grateful that my mage can now equip a bow... but with only a rogue alt, so many (uncollected) weapon and plat/chain armour get runebroken.

This makes me sad.
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

I agree fully with this, the server is full as it is without every player adding 2 more alts, it is so very crowded at some places already. I don't know why people go AFK on crafting station with mount and pet, same for bank and for AH, and the mailbox. Is there some specific need of going AFK on those specific spots and create a crowded place? Some are sometimes even over the NPC's on Portals or elsewhere what is a PITA. At least think of other players or is that the way everyone behave IRL?

There is the solution for the crafting and trading with alt as it was suggested here above on the thread, that is a perfect solution if you really want the tradeskills.
    I for myself, I am really also altoholic, I got characters more than what I can handle, well actually not handling them all, some are for to go see dimensions on other shards.
    I love this cause it makes me to work out more with the only 2 characters I have on prime.
    Less work, more enjoyment <3 Thank you for to have made this possible

Prime: Soulwhisper <3

Soulwalker

Unhappy

hi, i was annoyed about the 2 slot limit, as i didnt know what i wanted to play, so i leveled a mage and rogue to 30, and decided i wanted to try the other classes before i went to far...... my mage had harbinger and mystic archer and my rogue had tactician unlocked.

so rolled a warrior and cleric after deleting my 2 level 30s and in the end i decided to play mage and warrior.

the sad thing was mage now has to regrind planrite as my 2 souls are now locked again this is the annoying part.

so ive come to terms with the 2 slots, just wish souls were unlocked on the account not per character.
    Last edited by Mopreme187; 05-02-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Soulwalker

currently due to the class balance the 2 character slot limit is not really a fair option.

I have a rogue at 50

and recently got a cleric to 42.

I originally wanted to heal however cleric healing is so under powered that I feel with 2 character slots im forced to delete this character and start a warrior/mage

I refuse to pay double monthly fee just to enjoy the game

Soulwalker

In today's (yesterday's) stream, the developers confirmed they'll give us a third character with the release of GSB. They had stated plans were originally to give us 2 characters with the release of Storm Legion, but it didn't make sense to them to give us new characters to level at the same time as they released new content. But since GSB isn't the same as an expansion, it makes sense to expand characters.
    They additionally stated the reason for 2 at the start was to limit crafting, however bonkers of a reason that may be, but because so many players are now capped on crafting, it's less of a concern. Again, baffling what kind of science is behind that.

Still, we're getting a third character slot soon. Go cheer the devs on for that stated, upcoming change!
    Last edited by baitmask; 05-05-2018 at 03:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast