+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chance for EU Prime ?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Osmou View Post
    For all of you fellow EU players out there. Do not buy another subscription, before Trion adds (or at least considers) EU server. We deserve it.
    Nah, unless you can assure me that EU population will be decent enough I have no objection playing US for the time being. I enjoy that whenever I log in there are people to do content, have no wish to have to wait for prime times for the population to reach good numbers. If your ping is too high - tough luck (skill lag has nothing to do with ping), wait for season 2 and we might get EU server. There are already 'all-knowing' people prophesying that Prime will die with SL launch, so even more reason for no EU server.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    It physically impossible to have 50ms ping from Germany even to the east coast. Unless you use own interned based on something faster than speed of light or direct connection without additional hardware which introduce own delays
    Distance between for example Düsseldorf and New York is about 6000 km, and speed of light in 300000 km/s, so it takes 20 ms. And as a ping value, it means signal must come back too. So it is about 40 ms ping on speed of light. So 50 ms is doable if routing hardware in the route is fast enough.

I have about 70 ms ping to EU server (retail), and 180 ms to prime server. So I get more than 50 ms, but i would not say it is impossible. (But still I don't believe that 50 ms to game server ;)

That 100 ms extra is not an issue and I can play with it. And I don't need EU shard. BUT there is adjustable "Ability queue length" in settings. I would like to tune that value by myself. I don't want it to be fully disabled, but "short" is too long That setup could help you to adjust yourself with different ping.

Soulwalker

If we had an EU shard I would pay without a doubt. Right now I'm not sure why I would pay a monthly fee for a subpar experience. Will most likely play other games instead unfortunately.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arzka2 View Post
    Distance between for example Düsseldorf and New York is about 6000 km, and speed of light in 300000 km/s, so it takes 20 ms. And as a ping value, it means signal must come back too. So it is about 40 ms ping on speed of light. So 50 ms is doable if routing hardware in the route is fast enough.
    I have a revelation to you: there is no direct point to point connection from Düsseldorf to New York. It is bigger distance with multiple routers and each of them increasing latency. It is not doable. In real world for real people it is not possible to have 50ms ping from Europe to NA. Please provide ping + traceroute proving your point instead of theorycrafting

I have about 70 ms ping to EU server (retail), and 180 ms to prime server. So I get more than 50 ms, but i would not say it is impossible. (But still I don't believe that 50 ms to game server ;)
    So you arguing vs your beliefs

That 100 ms extra is not an issue and I can play with it. And I don't need EU shard. BUT there is adjustable "Ability queue length" in settings. I would like to tune that value by myself. I don't want it to be fully disabled, but "short" is too long That setup could help you to adjust yourself with different ping.
    That's true, I have not played Prime for a couple of weeks already but Live NA was playable - you can see a difference vs EU, but it is more than acceptable for MMO. I migrated to FF14 and play on NA cluster there (as there are no double xp servers in EU atm) and I don't see any difference in playbility between NA & EU servers (granted, GCD in FF14 is 2.5 sec).

I never argued about MMO playability from EU to NA, my point was that EU to Prime 50ms latency claims are false.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4