+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chance for EU Prime ?

Shadowlander

I HOPE they DONT make a EU server.

Im from the EU my ping is from 50-110. I have few times where i lag. but i pref. to lag then low pop server.

Seeing all the ppl i do, make me wanna keep playing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Sorry folks. At this time Prime will be remain a single, global server.

Having said that, this sort of thing is always up for review, and HolyRoller is correct; we closely monitor numbers on an hourly and daily basis.
    Brasse
    How do you monitor all the potential customers who are waiting for an EU server? it would be very closed minded to think thier is not more EU waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    Im from the EU my ping is from 50-110.
    I live in Belgium, have the best connection available in my country (400Mbit up / 40 down) and my ping is 170-190ms. That being said, in dungeons I have often been having so much lag that there is an effective 2 sec delay between my actions and what happens on my screen (regardless of displayed ping). Yesterday it was so bad that I just kept spamming builders because I had no idea when I actually had enough combo points to warrant using a finisher.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    I HOPE they DONT make a EU server.

Im from the EU my ping is from 50-110. I have few times where i lag. but i pref. to lag then low pop server.

Seeing all the ppl i do, make me wanna keep playing.
    Could you backup your 50ms claim with results from ping and tracert?

Code:
    ping 208.94.26.5

Pinging 208.94.26.5 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 208.94.26.5: bytes=32 time=130ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 208.94.26.5:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 130ms, Maximum = 130ms, Average = 130ms

tracert 208.94.26.5

Tracing route to dal-r09-fcp.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.5]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

3     4 ms     3 ms     4 ms  brnt-lam-5-tenge73-2031.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.116.246]
      4     *        4 ms     3 ms  brnt-core-2b-xe-111-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.104.146.225]
      5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      7     8 ms     9 ms     4 ms  tclo-ic-3-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.250.25.62]
      8     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
      9     5 ms     5 ms     5 ms  a72-52-60-192.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.60.192]
     10     5 ms     7 ms     7 ms  a72-52-60-197.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.60.197]
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12   131 ms   132 ms   131 ms  a209-200-173-180.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.173.180]
     13   130 ms   130 ms   130 ms  dal-r09-fcp.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.5]

Trace complete.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

For all of you fellow EU players out there. Do not buy another subscription, before Trion adds (or at least considers) EU server. We deserve it.
    RIP Rift Prime.

Soulwalker

Default EU servers

I was so hyped for Prime but now i have to cancel my subscription. Without EU servers, without me.

Soulwalker

I have to agree here that the ping is bad but the lags are a lot worse, if Vigil does not do anything they will lose many players, especially because from May BlessOnline is at the start. I do not feel like playing rift with the lags even though the game is really good too bad
    Last edited by Leneja; 03-20-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Sorry folks. At this time Prime will be remain a single, global server.

Having said that, this sort of thing is always up for review, and HolyRoller is correct; we closely monitor numbers on an hourly and daily basis.
    Brasse
    Hello Brasse,

I wonder to know if the instantied zones, can also be on European servers.
    I do not mean the server "Vigil" but for dungeons, etc.

we can have the same choice for the mentor, a checkbox for the dungeons wait queue in EU server and if not enough players its put us on the server US queue?

Same choose for Raid option ?

I think it's a good alternative and give us less lag/ping
    Last edited by Meteociel; 03-21-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmou View Post
    For all of you fellow EU players out there. Do not buy another subscription, before Trion adds (or at least considers) EU server. We deserve it.
    +100 i cancel my sub
    140-200 ms unplayable dungeon lag everytime

Default ping ist not lag

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5343884

for the love of god search for ping and lag on the forums, i play majority of my time on NA live rift from EU. its not a ping problem its a server problem. opening an EU server will not fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromede View Post
    its not a ping problem its a server problem. opening an EU server will not fix it.
    Of course it's a server problem, but that doesn't mean that a dedicated EU server won't fix it. It just depends on what the underlying cause of all the lag and crashes is. If the problem is -say- Vigil being near or at full capacity all the time and the server just not being able to cope with all the people playing, spreading out the population *will* fix the problems we're having.

Chance for EU Prime ?-vigil-ping.jpg

As most people here realise by now, the ping is perfectly fine for normal gameplay. But yesterday for example, the world around my character wasn't keeping up with my character's movement: it was quite the nauseating experience. Those kinds of lag/stuttering need to be addressed, as well as the client crashes and disconnects.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Soulwalker

I just decided to leave Rift too. I even deleted my characters to make sure I wont come back. Not before they give us more authentic chocolate rift and EU server.
    RIP Rift Prime.

Honestly, I don't mind so much the joint server. I am playing with a very mediocre 5d/5u connection and 100-150 latency doesn't bother me much.

In a game with full ability queuing and a macro system like Rift has, one tenth of a second doesn't bother me.

Soulwalker

Tbh i'd rather put up with some lag and always having someone to play with than good ping and a barren server. My ping ussually sits around 150ish, not great but it's playable.

Telaran

I also do not believe that an EU server would solve the problem. If he is just as bad as the one we are currently playing. With normal 180ms I can easily live from Germany. However, this would reduce the number of internet hubs that ship the packages.

I regularly have a Rift cinema in busy zones with events and no events.
    I can see what's going on but do nothing.

Today I had my personal pinghighlight in Shimmersand.

These are issues I can NOT live with, this should be resolved really quickly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast