+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chance for EU Prime ?

A number of years ago Everquest II did the same thing that Rift now does: a progression server limited to Classic only, with brand new characters wiped clean of everything they may have gathered on the Live server, and gradually releasing the expansions.
    The reason why I didn't bother were twofold:
    - US server with stupidly high ping (250-280);
    - The eq2 graphics engine was so outdated it ran terribly on "newer" hardware: I had a higher framerate on my old Athlon XP 1600+ with Radeon 9700 Pro than I had on an i5 with GTX680 (with the same settings).

Rift doesn't run that well either, but at least it's playable on maximum settings (I built my PC specifically for flight simulators in VR). My current hardware setup is miles ahead of my previous one, yet the framerate barely increased. We'll see how the raids will run...

Don't underestimate the number of people deterred by the "US-only"-server...
    Last edited by Electrah; 03-10-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Kao

Default Petition for an EU Server

Please Trion, make this hype train count and give us an EU shard.

You already have a massive queue even after expanding the server capacity. Surely you have the numbers on how many connections are from outside the US.

I can manage playing with 170ms, but only if I know that somewhere in the next 1-2 months I can migrate to an EU server.

Said migration can only occur after the EU server has been up for a while (since it's a fresh start). So please just make that server like right the f*** now and allow migration a month later.

Just DO IT.

Edit: Oh my gawd. Posting in a forum after years of being inactive and seeing my old avatar and sig made me cringe so hard right now. Jesus christ.
    Last edited by Kao; 03-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Soulwalker

Default +1 from me

I would love to return and play this beautiful game! But the idea of raiding and PVP with the ping is really off putting.

Not even sure why they opened this server for players in the EU!

Soulwalker

We definitely need an EU server else it may as well be rift prime: american.

Soulwalker

+1
    Playing with 180-200+ MS is just not possible for me. I play Lotro too, they have US servers only but there i get 120ms, which is fine. 180+ is not! They will lose alot of players by forcing EU players to play on US server..
    Last edited by Yafga; 03-11-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Soulwalker

located in germany here .... dunno what you guys are talking about but never had a ping over 50ms ... actually i never noticed that the server is located in the us

Shadowlander

I don't know why you all are complaining, there are many oceanic players here also and regardless of whether we play on NA or EU servers our latency is generally 280+ ms and we manage just fine, to say you can not play at 120-180 ms seem a bit over the top in comparison. We wish our latency was that LOW!

Rift Disciple

Default +1

I don't get the argument of to less players for eu.. prime can't take more players. ..so..? This server is full every evening so what we need more? I hope we get more information about it soon. So big +1 here

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hyshash View Post
    located in germany here .... dunno what you guys are talking about but never had a ping over 50ms ... actually i never noticed that the server is located in the us
    It physically impossible to have 50ms ping from Germany even to the east coast. Unless you use own interned based on something faster than speed of light or direct connection without additional hardware which introduce own delays
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    It physically impossible to have 50ms ping from Germany even to the east coast. Unless you use own interned based on something faster than speed of light or direct connection without additional hardware which introduce own delays
    At some point he may realize that ping != fps.

50ms from Germany to the US. The future is now apparently.

Shadowlander

i really hope you guys get one the stress on the server has been apparent the last two days with rubber banding lag even for us in the us. Im a east coast player getting 70-100 ms when i should be getting 20ms. I dont think Trion anticipated the number of players interested in this. Its a monday here when I logged on earlier and I've never played on a server full at 1pm EST my time on any game, its usually pretty quiet until the pst american players get off work/wake. They really need a new server if this is going to be a daily thing even when people are at work.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Sorry folks. At this time Prime will be remain a single, global server.

Having said that, this sort of thing is always up for review, and HolyRoller is correct; we closely monitor numbers on an hourly and daily basis.
    Brasse

Soulwalker

v EU servers would keep EU players more happy and lets be honest, there is ALOT of us. Im not going to renew my sub more than twice (2 months), because we dont have EU server.

Besides Im pretty sure, that Prime will die, soon after they release storm legion. I hope that Trion is giving us enough time to enjoy the "chocolate" rift experience.
    Last edited by Osmou; 03-12-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    RIP Rift Prime.

Soulwalker

As somebody who has been thoroughly enjoying Rift Prime since it launch I must say that I wish we had an EU PvE server. It's not that I don't enjoy playing on the NA shard and Old Skool has been a really friendly guild this far.

As been mentioned the problem is the stress this is putting on the shard itself and the lag issues that we EU players are currently facing. I WANT to give Trion a year long sub for Rift, however I can't do that right now with how the server is.

In a nutshell. Awesome game, awesome idea. EU needs some love.
    Keep what you're doing well going guys.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Sorry folks. At this time Prime will be remain a single, global server.

Having said that, this sort of thing is always up for review, and HolyRoller is correct; we closely monitor numbers on an hourly and daily basis.
    Brasse
    Alot of my EU freinds are struggling with the ping, they all sub'd to show support for an EU server. Please don't loose valuable customers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast