+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Inadequate Quest XP: Bug or a "Feature"?

Shadowlander

Default Inadequate Quest XP: Bug or a "Feature"?

I get that the devs want to encourage group play and participation in rifts and events, but nerfing/removing quest XP to the point of needing to grind 1-2 levels at a time to unlock the next hub feels overly punitive. No, I'm not an "F2P cheater" who wants everything handed to her. I just want a smooth leveling experience when questing and rifts on your way were enough, not chasing rifts across the entire zone for 2 levels.

Shadowlander

Yeah, I am kind of in the same boat. I've participated in every rift and zone event, did every single quest in freemarch, spammed my 7 warfronts, and I am still 5 levels shy of starting stonefield. This is no bueno.

I have to call bull on this a bit. Not that I think you are lying, just definitely missing something.

My 4 man group did 3 invasions, 7 WFs and are about 3/4 through the starter zone and are all 15-16. We have not even touched the dungeon yet or done the level 16+ quests, of which there are quite a few.

IMO, xp is right where it needs to be.
    Last edited by Dademore; 03-07-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    I have to call bull on this a bit. Not that I think you are lying, just definitely missing something.

My 4 man group did 3 invasions, 7 WFs and are about 3/4 through the starter zone and are all 15-16. We have not even touched the dungeon yet or done the level 16+ quests, of which there are quite a few.

IMO, xp is right where it needs to be.
    Key there is WF's. I usually don't PVP and *in all other flavors of Rift, including launch*, I did not have to in order to level appropriately. Without WF's I hit a wall just into level 11 and another quest did not pop until I hit 13.

Soulwalker

This is definately an issue.

Theres another thread about this and I've been tracking my progress.

When I was almost level 15, I received level 18 quests - right after completing the level 16 ones.

I haven't skipped any quests, and this has been happening repeatedly throughout my leveling progress.

I've had to resort to Warfronts to bridge the gap - as Dungeon queues are non existant.

Also, Rifts give near 0 experience.

... and here we go again. The few ruin it for the many.

So what your saying is you know there is more content to level with, but you decide to ignore it and post on the forums that something is wrong?

Please devs. Don’t change the XP rates. For those of us that actually play all the game has to offer if it were any higher it would be too fast and we would out level quests just like on live.

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Soulwalker

So what your saying is you know there is more content to level with, but you decide to ignore it and post on the forums that something is wrong?

Please devs. Don’t change the XP rates. For those of us that actually play all the game has to offer if it were any higher it would be too fast and we would out level quests just like on live.
    Uhmm.. what?

What I am saying is that the 'quest given experience' doesn't align with the questing path, creating a gap in player level vs quest level, quite considerably.

In which you are currently forced into PvP Warfronts to bridge a gap to continue questing again, as other means are not adequate methods of gaining experience.

I expect that this will be changed regardless of your personal experience, as it seems to be a widespread issue.

Nobody is ruining anything for anybody, and nobody wants to level fast, for all I care reduce the level of the quests, don't increase the experience..

Just fix the alignment, so we can continue questing without being forced into PvP, which isn't an intended gameplay route for leveling.

And by the way, I'm glad you're having a great experience.
    Last edited by Breaker87; 03-07-2018 at 10:42 PM.

I think the leveling is fine, i like it hard ;) although I do think that Rifts should give a bit more experience
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by iElicit View Post
    I think the leveling is fine, i like it hard ;) although I do think that Rifts should give a bit more experience
    See, to me, "hard" is fine, as in, the fights/quests are challenging and engaging or you get to use all of your abilities to the best potential, etc.. I don't think just making things take longer makes it "hard."

I'm actually regretting posting this because clearly other people enjoy a grind more than I do. ;) Glad y'all are having fun; I'll catch up eventually.
    Last edited by soonjung; 03-07-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soonjung View Post
    See, to me, "hard" is fine, as in, the fights/quests are challenging and engaging or you get to use all of your abilities to the best potential, etc.. I don't think just making things take longer makes it "hard."

I'm actually regretting posting this because clearly other people enjoy a grind more than I do. ;) Glad y'all are having fun; I'll catch up eventually.
    I can see where you are coming from, it all just comes down to personal preference really. To me, something that takes longer and is harder feels more rewarding in the end, that's just me though.
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

Ascendant

I'd rather see them increase rift and zone event exp than mess with quests to much. I agree that people shouldn't HAVE to run dungeons or warfronts if they don't want to. But the main idea of Rift is to defend the world we live in, so Rifting and zone events should be encouraged heavily.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Seems balanced to me. I'm progressing to lvl12 tomorrow. Ive died a few times and have all 4 porticulums in Silverwood so seems I can get anywhere at this level. It is nice tbh not blowing past the zone level by just doing a few extra game features along the way.

I have no issues whatsoever with slower leveling, but when there is no quests to do that is a problem, you shouldn't have to be forced into doing PVP just to level and maybe I am doing wrong but I hardly get any xp for doing rifts or events.

Shadowlander

I'm extremely happy that you can now probably do all the quests in a zone without out levelling it.

Shadowlander

And how do you exactly know that ? Fortune telling ? Mind reading ?

Forcing people into PvP on a PvE server just for the sake of levelling is simply bad design. Quests and other open world content should be enough to level within the brackets of a zone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast