+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Inadequate Quest XP: Bug or a "Feature"?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Two days is not enough time to collect feedback, discuss it, and implement change. You are expecting perfection out of the gate, but this is the real world. Just saying. Most changes take at minimum a week simply because of how large software development projects work.

Also, stay tuned for an update on this from CaptainCursor and/or Tacitus, probably in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...sts-level.html
    Here's the deal though. They've already launched this game before. They can look back at release candidate 1 and see how things were. THAT coupled with having a few QA people play through the first 3 hours of gameplay would uncover the problems players are having.

This isn't rocket science. 2 days is plenty of time to let me know that one or more of the following is true:

1) This server ruleset is super grindy and hard core and just not for some people
    2) A massive bug made it through QA (unlikely)
    3) Not much QA time was put into testing gameplay

If any of the above are true, it tells me that either Trion is making a product that isn't for me (which is totally fine). Or they really screwed up. I feel like it's got to be the latter.

Thanks,
    B

Telaran

Anyone get to hear their live stream? I saw it but am at work and couldn't listen in. Would really like to know if they addressed the xp issue or if they believe it's a non-issue.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #63
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Xp is under review and being revised RIGHT NOW.

Rift and invasion exp is definitely being retuned as well.

I don't have the ETA, but can guarantee it's asap. =)
    Brasse

(defiant) arrived in scarlet gorge (after a 5 min kite on cetius. ok i admit it was fun. but i had to spend 5p for a 3rd role only for that mob) and now quests are +4 lvl.
    i can do wf but i don't like them.
    i can do dungeons but i'm already tired of rotf and it, and dd and dm we get melted at first boss lol
    i'm off until something changes, gonna check how live is after all those years

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Brasse
    Awesome!!!! Thanks for the quick response!

Soulwalker

Brasse
    Hi Brasse,

Could you inquire about those of us who have already completed all the content but are blocked? Would whatever fix that gets in boost us up to the appropriate level?

This might be equal parts reduction in XP to level and XP bump in various activities.

What I hope doesn't happen is a modest XP buff gets slapped on quests and rifts, but people who are kinda stuck are left to grind mobs until they dig themselves out of the XP rut.

Thanks,
    B

Brasse
    You guys rock!

In the meanwhile, I'm not really minding grinding Rifts from 15 to 20 to feel comfy entering Stonefield. But nice to know y'all are working on a fix!

Brasse
    Increased Rift and Invasion exp is all we'd need. Thank you for the review and update.
    Last edited by Kelathos; 03-09-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Agreed, force people to do what makes Rift special. NEVER tune quest experience. DO NOT make that mistake again.

People are right, you can't force people to PvP but you can force them to do other PvE elements; dungeons and events.

Rift invasions and events are temporary, therefore the perfect place to hit with an experience boost.

Keep up the good work Trion.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Master

Think that quest XP does need some tuning. Kill XP is more than fine if not maybe too high (in comparison?). This makes people push towards dungeon trash farming or rift farming since i tgot boosted. Which if all fine as a side thing imo, but not as main means of leveling up.

I've been questing in Scarlet Gorge and Ironpine Peaks. Doing most of the SG quests gave me about a lvl give or take. And same seems to be true for IPP and that is a lvl 27-35 zone. I expect to get about one level from all quests in other zones as well that i will visit, if even that much.

That to me doesn't sound well tuned at all. Granted i prefer questing and doing some dungeons and maybe rifts on the side compared to mindles grind of dungeon trash or rifts till i drop. This reminds me a lot of IAs, but with more effort and less gains .

Shadowlander

Play the game. Have fun! Don't worry so much!

I commend Trion for responding to the comments so quickly. I would caution them though, to realize, that the most vocal, normally do not represent the majority of players.

The game is very well balanced on xp, for todays market, where it represents a small challenge. IMO.
    Last edited by Laethe; 03-11-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethe View Post
    Play the game. Have fun! Don't worry so much!

I commend Trion for responding to the comments so quickly. I would caution them though, to realize, that the most vocal, normally do not represent the majority of players.

The game is very well balanced on xp, for todays market, where it represents a small challenge. IMO.
    If you had kept up with whats going on they said prior to Prime launching Rifts and Zone Events would be a great source of XP, it wasnt, so they fixed it.

They removed alot of quests from starter zones, and especially Guardian side is missing Carnage quests, so they are fixing that next week.

No one ever promised Prime would be even more grindy than what Vanilla was, thats the case right now, Trion wants to bring it back to where vanilla was, if thats a problem for your so called majority, I dunno why.
    Last edited by Moods; 03-11-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Ive leveled up both a Defiant and Guardian. In both cases I outleveled the zone before completing half the available quests. Don't ruin this experience by making it any easier then it is.

Telaran

After the XP buff by Trion, I went from level 12 to 19 (very close to 20) without much of a hiccup at all. Haven't had to do 1 single WF. Did 1 run of RoTF and one of Iron Tomb...been doing rifts like mad and I dont have to grind mobs (except for crafting). Thanks to Trion for the quick response and even faster fix. Seems to be perfect now!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    Ive leveled up both a Defiant and Guardian. In both cases I outleveled the zone before completing half the available quests. Don't ruin this experience by making it any easier then it is.
    How long did you spend doing Rifts/WFs/Dungeons?
    Last edited by Eskwyre; 03-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast