Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhipf
  • 1 Post By MarginalSteve
  • 1 Post By Rhipf
  • 1 Post By Rhipf

Thread: Increase cloth drop rate.

Shield of Telara

Default Increase cloth drop rate.

Something that has bothered me for as long as I have played Rift. Why is cloth drop rate so bad? Basically every animal I kill I can skin to get skins. I would say that I am lucky if 50% of humanoid kills produce a cloth reward. So as an example after 100 animal kills I should get 100 skins. For 100 humanoid kills I might get 50 cloth. This is bad enough but it gets worse when you turn those into usable items. For the 100 skins I can craft 100 hides that are needed for other crafting items. For the 50 cloth I only end up with 25 bolts of that cloth for crafting other items. This means that there is a 4:1 ration in usable materials when it comes to skin vs. cloth drops.
    Would it be possible to change the cloth drops so that you get at leas one cloth per humanoid kill?

Champion

Derp

/10char
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-07-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Minions bring in so much cloth it sells on the AH for less than vendor value most of the time.
    This is the Prime forum. We ain't got no steenking meenions.
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 07-06-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    This is the Prime forum. We ain't got no steenking meenions.
    Ack you're right. I'll move along.

Soulwalker

just thought I would add this. If you are outfitter your drop rate for cloth is greatly increased yet you mad no mention of this to your comment. so a person who supposedly played Rift for awhile would have known this. So before you go off on a subject make sure to post all facts to said subject.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Niamit View Post
    just thought I would add this. If you are outfitter your drop rate for cloth is greatly increased yet you mad no mention of this to your comment. so a person who supposedly played Rift for awhile would have known this. So before you go off on a subject make sure to post all facts to said subject.

I do have Outfitter so if this is the drop rate with this profession I would hate to try collecting cloth without Outfitter.

Shield of Telara

Real world example of the problem.

I just did a run to get spellspun silk for my daily crafting quest. I went to the north of Zareph's Return and farmed giants and bats in about the same numbers. When I was done I had 58 soulhides and only 26 spellspun silk. This netted me 58 soulhide leather but only 13 bolts of spellspun silk. I need 16 bolts of spellspun silk for my daily so I guess I have to go back and do some more farming. 8^(
    Last edited by Rhipf; 07-12-2018 at 09:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread