+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Prime Dim Contest - PRIME DESIGN!

Default Prime Dim Contest - PRIME DESIGN!

I'd like to kick-off Prime's first Dimension Contest..

PRIME DESIGN!

Playing on Prime means starting from scratch...new characters, small bags, and we also start with small piles of dimension items...what can we do with them?!

Let's find out!

WHEN:
    April 17 - May 31. (All entries must be open no later than 9pm EST/6pm PDT on May 31st.)

WHAT TO DO:
    1. Choose a theme. (A house? A bar? A picnic? A jumping puzzle? A wedding chapel? Whatever makes you happy!)

2. Give your dimension a name that fits the theme

3. Reply to this thread with the following information:

- Dimension Owner's name
    - Name of Dimension
    - Optional: any details about your theme you'd like to share

JUDGING CRITERIA
    1. How well your theme is represented. (Is it a house with rooms to eat/sleep? Is it a bonfire party with food/chairs? Is it a garden with gazebo and morphed wildlife? Is it a jump puzzle with cool ending scene?)

2. Creativity and ingenuity. (Did you use something out of the ordinary? Did you make something unexpected out of something common?)

3. Quality of build. (Did you try to place items so they lined up without gaps? Is anything floating in the air when it shouldn't be? Is there flickering from overlapped objects?)

PRIZES!

Trion has generously donated Prizes for the top 3 winners (thank you! )

First, Second, and Third Place winners will each receive a special Dimension Key, along with 30 Days of Patron time! (The exact keys are a mystery right now, as they're being set up for this contest. Details to come!)

In addition, I will personally be awarding 3 random winners some personal Prime "design" for your building toons! Your choice of....

Hair Color Bundle, Skin Color Set Bundle, Extended Hair Style Set, Faction Change Scroll, or Last Name Scroll

*Note* entries must have used at least 50 items placed to be eligible for the random drawing (to avoid someone just opening a dim, putting one object down and calling it a day, heh)

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:

1. Contest dims can be public or private up until judging, it is up to you if you'd like to keep it under wraps.

2. Only privately owned dimensions may be entered. (no guild dims for this contest)

3. If you have a friend that is helping you, that's ok. However, only the dimension owner will be able to claim the prize.

4. All dimension items can be used (crafted, dropped, fished, store purchased etc, premade structures to planks...all are welcome. Creativity and how you use them is what counts!)

5. Builds begun before this contest ARE eligible should you choose to enter. Vigil is still in its infancy as a shard, and so are all the dims!

6. Ideas should be your own, so saved sets from dimensionaddicts website belonging to another builder cannot be used, please.

7. One entry per account, please. (If you happen to have more than one Prime account to play more characters, you may enter once for each though!)

A note to new builders: This is a GREAT chance to jump in and give it a try! Not sure what "morphing" means, check this link originally posted by the fabulous Kiwi: Morphing tutorial<---

Any questions? Please post them here so both questions and answers can be shared with everyone.

Happy building Vigil, I'm excited to see what you come up with!
    <3 Blythe
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-24-2018 at 05:58 AM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

ENTRIES

Owner: Ting
    Name: Hidden Paths
    Details: As name implies do a little searching around the instance!
    ----------
    Owner: - Kyzzie
    Name: - Spiral Sanctuary
    Detail: - a small jumping puzzle if you cant manage the ramps
    House with lounge, dining area, kitchen, bedroom and I'm still working on the Bathroom
    overlooks a restful pool - it truly is a sanctuary away from the stresses of dungeons and rifts
    ----------
    Owner: Aileen
    Theme: Dojo (道場)
    Name: Tempest Bay (dummy area)
    Detail: Lots of dummies
    Most lovely plaza aurentine of tempest bay made into Dojo and having lots of dummies to train and excel your combat skills.
    ----------
    Owner: Galadriel
    Name: By the Shore
    Detail of Theme: Galadriel has moved into a rustic house by the shore to enjoy the onshore breezes. The rough and unassuming structure called to her so she set to work adding her elven touches. She added furniture and flowers as well as other touches to make this simple house homey.
    ----------
    Owner: Boudicah
    Name: Telaro-Roman Bath House
    Detail: An elegant, yet majestic destination for any Guardian or Defiant Centurion to relax, bathe in either the cold plunge or steam baths, get a massage, enjoy some wine, pay your respects in the shrine, and converse with friends.
    ----------
    Owner: Melite
    Name: Waterside Tavern
    Detail: Tavern/Inn hidden within Moonshade, next to a majestic waterfall - feel free to explore outside the bounds of the tavern, but beware of the lurking wildlife. If you manage to explore without tragedy, you may find the hidden pools and treehouse built by the natives who once roamed the area. If you do not wish to risk yourself, stay warm by the fire at the inn and have a drink or two.
    ----------
    Owner: Rahlos
    Name: Lifebinder's Ruin
    Detail: Far off the coast of Ember Island lies a small isolated islet overrun with foliage and a yawning mist. Allegedly, it once housed an order of druids who tended to the island, however they are now long gone. The island was recently rediscovered, supposedly a particularly clever bard has made his home here.
    ----------
    Owner: Raynastar
    Name: Cosmic Eye Magick Shop
    ----------
    Owner: Veylin
    Name: Picture Window
    Desc.: A bit of tranquility in a turbulent landscape.
    ----------
    Owner: Kyokashi
    Name: Kyo's happy place
    Info: not complete yet but a as a new player im building a world centered around my elf character.
    ----------
    Owner: Purchase
    Name: Mountain Castle Retreat
    ~Take a break from the grind or even while in queue for dungeons. This humble castle nestled in the side of a Moonshade mountain is a cozy home away from home. Enjoy a lovely boat ride in Ascended Sword pond or an epic pencil and scroll role playing game at Nico's, the choice is yours! We also have a lovely chapel ready for the day you are ready to say I do. Come discover all this and more at Mountain Castle Retreat.
    ----------
    Owner: Explosion Jones
    Name: Stone Flask Grotto
    Info: A magical place, filled with places to explore, sights to see and paths to follow, and when you get tired, a place to rest and relax. I morphed a lot of this dim to fit my setting, I wanted it to be inviting and mysterious, I hope I've achieved that goal here, you can judge.
    ----------
    Owner: Nineeighteight
    Name:Nines Deafening Retreat
    Info: It would be a nice place to escape to. If it wasn't for all the noise
    ----------
    Owner: Hazlin
    dimension name: Seat
    (randomthingsbuilding)
    Last edited by Blythe; 05-31-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Blythe - Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hmmm
    Mhmmmm...

Lol, you rock sugar plum. Good luck all entries

Default I am so excited!!!

Thank you so much for getting this going, Blythe. I really hope it encourages new builders on Prime. So many of the players were ones that left before Dims were introduced or before they became the gloriously complicated things they are on Live.

I will try to mention the contest in chat when feasible and direct them here for details.

Again, thank you! I have begun hoarding building materials off the AH for just such an occasion.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Default BTW....

This would be an IDEAL time for the devs to add a credits option to the store for dimension items. :winky: @Tacitus I will immediately drop some cash to facilitate this contest.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    This would be an IDEAL time for the devs to add a credits option to the store for dimension items. :winky: @Tacitus I will immediately drop some cash to facilitate this contest.
    Barking up the wrong tree on that one, I'll give you a hint... and add character slots too! TAKE MY MONEY!!

Also, Dim is still in the works so no judging yet! (but plan to have it finished for May!)

Last edited by Ting; 04-17-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ting View Post
    Barking up the wrong tree on that one, I'll give you a hint... and add character slots too! TAKE MY MONEY!!

Also, Dim is still in the works so no judging yet! (but plan to have it finished for May!)

So excited to see the first entry! Looking forward to it! Thanks!
    Blythe - Faeblight

oh shootshoes I'm gonna be entering two contests , meh I will do my best! thank you Blythe for hosting this coolness on prime. I will come up with something.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

House with lounge, dining area, kitchen, bedroom and I'm still working on the Bathroom
    overlooks a restful pool - it truly is a sanctuary away from the stresses of dungeons and rifts
    Last edited by Marquisa; 04-18-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquisa View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the entry!!
    Blythe - Faeblight

Owner: aileen

Most lovely plaza aurentine of tempest bay made into Dojo and having lots of dummies to train and excel your combat skills.
    Last edited by aileen; 04-18-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Owner: aileen

Fantastic! Thanks for your entry!!
    Blythe - Faeblight

I was asked in game tonight if an entered dimension, set to public, would be "judged" before the end of the contest. The answer..is No! No judging will take place until after May 31st Thanks!
    Blythe - Faeblight

Default Dim Entry "By the Shore"

Theme: Galadriel has moved into a rustic house by the shore to enjoy the onshore breezes. The rough and unassuming structure called to her so she set to work adding her elven touches. She added furniture and flowers as well as other touches to make this simple house homey.

I built this dim as a challenge to myself on a shoe string buget. Most of the items were purchased from the Auction house, fished up or crafted. The few items purchased from the Rift store were as inexpensive as possible all less than 1p. It challenged me to look at items in a completely different way and make items from things that were intended for a different use. As a side note my fishing is now 300 and if you take a peek you will know why.

Quote Originally Posted by shayalune View Post
    Theme: Galadriel has moved into a rustic house by the shore to enjoy the onshore breezes. The rough and unassuming structure called to her so she set to work adding her elven touches. She added furniture and flowers as well as other touches to make this simple house homey.

I built this dim as a challenge to myself on a shoe string buget. Most of the items were purchased from the Auction house, fished up or crafted. The few items purchased from the Rift store were as inexpensive as possible all less than 1p. It challenged me to look at items in a completely different way and make items from things that were intended for a different use. As a side note my fishing is now 300 and if you take a peek you will know why.
    Awesome! Thanks so much for your entry!
    Blythe - Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast