• 1 Post By Blythe
  • 1 Post By kaymcleod
  • 3 Post By Ellekat
  • 1 Post By Blythe
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By foxiboo

Thread: fishing & dim items

Default fishing & dim items

Curious to know if anyone has had luck finding any unusual dimension items fishing. (or, if anyone knows if the loot tables from fishing are very small and specific per zone/daily? *glances around hoping Tacitus might see this and know*)

Using Silverwood as an example... every crate I've either fished up or chosen as my reward for completing the angel/devil daily has resulted in the same 3 items: Octagonal Dwarven Table, Tall Weeping Willow, Red Dwarven chair.

Anyone get something different in Silverwood specifically? I don't mind fishing for a long while if there's a chance at something else but, if each spot has a super small loot table, I'd probably move on after getting 5-10 of each. lol

Editing to add:

Gloamwood - so far just 2 repeated items, Rowboat and Wooden Casket

Scarwood Reach - only 5 crates so far, but each one was a Floating Crate
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-24-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

I'll let you know when I catch up! I've been focusing on leveling my DW and other crafts so I can buy the dim item recipes for each of my disciplines - boy is it tough when you are cash-poor.

Since we don't have minions to bring us even the most basic building block materials and other players have been slow to craft dim items and place them on the AH, it would be nice if fishing offered something like a minion box full of a few planks, squares, rectangles, poles, etc.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

This is the way it was when they first introduced housing. As you have observed there were relatively small loot tables for each zone. I remember tons of people fishing in Moonshade Highlands because one of the items there was the flowering cherry tree and everyone wanted those! In those days there were far fewer dim items available for purchase. Uncle Stan's Fabulous Special Lure didn't make its appearance until Nightmare Tide if I recall correctly so that was not available. If you go to the Dimensions Addicts website I believe you can search items by fishing and zone.
    ~Dimensions on Greybriar~

Elle's Conservatory (Elleynne)
    Elle's Swiss Chalet (Elletrix)

Thanks, Ellekat!

I keep forgetting I can rely on Live info sites to get Prime info...I love Kitasia's site too, and feeling pretty silly for not having thought to check there!

I wasn't building when dims first were introduced...definitely not used to the scrounge for what you can get mode! lol I was secretly hoping to hear "oh yes, there are some really rare items that can be fished up".......but...will have to await Stan's arrival for that I guess!
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Ascendant

Fishing always had a small loot table via repeatable cache - per zone.

Tacitus is also considering adding minion dimension items to the world. Zone drops are meant to be dropping but I'm curious what happened to the many items that use to drop when zone drops were added because I have multiples of less than 100 different items from a broad range of levels via guild mates, mostly fishing items. Check the AH constantly also and not much variety.

I'm curious when minions came out if many items were taken off the world drop loot table however if minion items get added to Prime that will fix this.

Credits are also meant to be added to the store to purchase dimension items which would be great because there is no way I can afford a 500 plat guild dimension and plat only tier leveling on Prime along with many of the items on the store. 10 plat is like 200 plat right now and I dont see that changing quickly. If anything, when GSB is announced the economy will get even more constricted.

Edit: Dreamweaver is also available in case anyone uses this thread to see where they can get Dimenson items but our 300 Dreamweaver is at a bottleneck with artifacts just to make keys so waiting for the store credit implementation for keys. I am not sure how Dreamweaver orbs are going to go for Rift Prime when they are introduced with NMT, trying not to think about it as we mull over current planarite/favor/void stone costs etc
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-25-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Shadowlander

I forgot to check Kitasia's site as well so made a condensed list so I could plot where to fish the most, here it is:

Silverwood:
    Octagonal Dwarven Table
    Red Dwarven Chair
    Tall Weeping Willow

Freemarch:
    Defiant Warship
    Kelari Vase
    Shop Sign

Stonefield:
    Graveyard Tower
    Small Slender Tree
    Stone Pedestal

Gloamwood:
    Rowboat
    Sword Gravestone
    Wood Casket

Scarlet Gorge:
    Patterned Urn
    Curved Wood Table
    Red Floating Sailing Ship

Scarwood Reach:
    Dead Granitewood Sapling
    Red Elven Bed
    Floating Crate

Iron Pine Peak:
    Lacy Elven Table
    Slender Iron Candelabra
    Snowy Iron Pine Log
    Snowy Row Boat
    Snowy Pointed Rock
    Sturdy Mahogany Chair

Moonshade Highlands:
    Long Workbench
    Blue Floating Sailing Ship
    Flowering Cherry Tree

Droughtlands:
    Blue Stone Chair
    Eth Crystal Shrine
    Turquoise Outcrop

Shimmersand:
    Clump of Shimmersand Palms
    Leviathan Skull
    Red Pedestal
    River Barge
    Spiked Cart
    Striped Bahmi Chair

Stillmoor:
    Elven Table
    Giant Mushroom Cap
    Small Blue Rowboat
    Three-Tiered Idol
    Wooden Stand
    Small Juniper

I have seen barely any world drops for dimension items, it would be nice to get a list of those as well.

Also many of the available craft recipies for dim items are not able to be crafted yet due to ingredients such as linden and elm lumber not in the game. So no Mahogany Bookcase, Stasis Tube, Crate of Artichokes, Dory, Decorative Red Sweetberry, etc for us.

Quote Originally Posted by foxiboo View Post
    I forgot to check Kitasia's site as well so made a condensed list so I could plot where to fish the most, here it is:

Silverwood:
    Octagonal Dwarven Table
    Red Dwarven Chair
    Tall Weeping Willow

Freemarch:
    Defiant Warship
    Kelari Vase
    Shop Sign

Stonefield:
    Graveyard Tower
    Small Slender Tree
    Stone Pedestal

Gloamwood:
    Rowboat
    Sword Gravestone
    Wood Casket

Scarlet Gorge:
    Patterned Urn
    Curved Wood Table
    Red Floating Sailing Ship

Scarwood Reach:
    Dead Granitewood Sapling
    Red Elven Bed
    Floating Crate

Iron Pine Peak:
    Lacy Elven Table
    Slender Iron Candelabra
    Snowy Iron Pine Log
    Snowy Row Boat
    Snowy Pointed Rock
    Sturdy Mahogany Chair

Moonshade Highlands:
    Long Workbench
    Blue Floating Sailing Ship
    Flowering Cherry Tree

Droughtlands:
    Blue Stone Chair
    Eth Crystal Shrine
    Turquoise Outcrop

Shimmersand:
    Clump of Shimmersand Palms
    Leviathan Skull
    Red Pedestal
    River Barge
    Spiked Cart
    Striped Bahmi Chair

Stillmoor:
    Elven Table
    Giant Mushroom Cap
    Small Blue Rowboat
    Three-Tiered Idol
    Wooden Stand
    Small Juniper

I have seen barely any world drops for dimension items, it would be nice to get a list of those as well.

Also many of the available craft recipies for dim items are not able to be crafted yet due to ingredients such as linden and elm lumber not in the game. So no Mahogany Bookcase, Stasis Tube, Crate of Artichokes, Dory, Decorative Red Sweetberry, etc for us.
    On Vigil, in the starting Defiant zones I know I have gotten Kelari Vase, Shop Sign, Stone Pedestal(s), and Graveyard Tower. But I I think I have also gotten a couple of dim items in rewards from doing Rifts and Invasions (I cannot recall the names ). Maybe someone else can confirm that.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

+ Reply to Thread