+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimension items in store

Default Dimension items in store

Last Friday during the livestream, you were kind enough to answer my question about whether dimension items would be offered for credits in the Prime store (at some point) The answer, happily, was yes!

...so um...*looks at the ground and shyly asks* ....any idea when?

I don't want to be a nidge (something my mother used to call me, lol)....but the items as they are now...holy moly...way out of reach in a brand new economy.

The plat prices for dim items are in line with live and live's economy for sure. To offer one example, if I wanted to buy 1 single black wooden plank, it would cost almost as much as my first mount! eeek! (2plat 50gold for mount, 2plat 40gold for a single plank)

Our starter dim has the ability to be upgraded to 800 items (which I've unlocked) but...I can't even begin to fathom how long it would take to fill it up, lol. (and yes, I picked up dreamweaving and am breaking down everyone's artifacts ..gonna be a haul though)

I'm just itchin' to build and feel grounded and at home on Prime...dims are my favorite thing Sooo..can't help but ask, and nidge/nudge. I've got the credits...take my money..please! (or maybe scale down the plat prices to fit a "new" economy better?)
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-14-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

AGREED
    AND,

As i mention in few threads down
    IF they would activate lvl38 and lvl48 Dream Orbs, people would actually break down artifacts for stats, Dream Weaver would be a useful profession then Dimension Items could be worth crafting thus cheap to get instead of using the Rift Store all together.

and other professions that CAN learn a few Dim recipes to craft, they dont cause Dream Weaver market is dead
    All because of Dream Orbs not available

I imagine more accessible item pricing is intended to be a Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide thing. I know you're the dimension addict (woo) but the Classic concept for dimensions was a starter dim (or few) and the basic setup (which there are vendors for). If you do get to Lv 50 during this stage of Prime, you'll get the plat to get some more, and then Storm Legion will unlock.

For credit priced dimension items, they'll happen but be much more careful; probably most often exclusive items from the past. That's been the pattern with things like mounts and pets so far at least.

Suggestion is just to play around with initial dim offerings and get your bearings with the rest of the game, and within weeks and months it'll expand much much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    For credit priced dimension items, they'll happen but be much more careful; probably most often exclusive items from the past. That's been the pattern with things like mounts and pets so far at least.

Suggestion is just to play around with initial dim offerings and get your bearings with the rest of the game, and within weeks and months it'll expand much much more.
    It is funny...I care less about the "exclusive" items and more about some of the basics. The dim in my signature (edit: used to be there, can still be seen on Faeblight) was built using 75% or so basic blocks. The little Snow Miser minions for example..poles, rectangles, and spheres mostly...even the Snow Miser himself is almost all basic blocks with the exception of ice cubes (hair), towels (scarf) and glowing white spheres (snow/whites of eyes) You know how much ONE basic limestone sphere costs? 6 platinum!! LOL Forget the exclusive stuff...I really don't mind (and welcome the challenge of) building with "basic" stuff.....but that is crazy expensive for in game currency in a new economy.

As for initial offerings..I've been stockpiling all the cheap stuff people post. (I have quite a pile of wooden planks and evergreen shrubs thrown in AH from people's first dim quest) Do I want to pour my time into building something with only those pieces? Not really.

I have been getting my bearings stripped down to the Prime level (my Live characters were admittedly very spoiled) ...but that doesn't stop me from wanting to end the day after grinding and grinding relaxing in a dim key, creating something fun. It really separates Rift from any other MMO for me.

ps- after I wrote this I added up what it would cost to build those 6 snow minions...just their heads, legs, arms and bodies (NOT including eyes/hats/scaves/noses...only the basic shapes) It came to just over 374 platinum (48 poles, 24 rectangles, 24 spheres) ..../cry. lol I didn't want to even try and figure out the Miser himself :P

pps- if they want to tell me dims weren't really meant to be much of a thing in Prime..I'm totally cool with that and would adjust and move along quietly
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-23-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Blythe - Faeblight

Default I am equally challenged and frustrated

My first dim, 100-Item Challenge, on my Prime main, Boudicah, is an example of what can be done with only world drops (well, 2 crafted items from the AH).....but it was a struggle and frankly isn't all that inspiring

I'm trying to level my Dreamweaver as fast as possible to be able to make items I consider to be essential in a satisfying dim, like lighting elements, and I obviously need a NEW KEY or my building efforts are over, haha.

Because of the threat of "all Prime dims will be destroyed when Prime ends" looming over our heads, I feel that many Prime members are avoiding them altogether, which means AH prices for Dreamweaver items are not healthy right now.

Is there a way we can get people excited about building dimensions in Prime? Can someone host a challenge contest (with plat as the prize, as that's the most sought after commodity) where only world drops are used? Or world drops and crafted items, but nothing from the store (since we can't afford it anyway)?

At the very least, let's start "showing our dims" to each other.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post

My first dim, 100-Item Challenge, on my Prime main, Boudicah, is an example of what can be done with only world drops (well, 2 crafted items from the AH).....but it was a struggle and frankly isn't all that inspiring

I'm trying to level my Dreamweaver as fast as possible to be able to make items I consider to be essential in a satisfying dim, like lighting elements, and I obviously need a NEW KEY or my building efforts are over, haha.

Because of the threat of "all Prime dims will be destroyed when Prime ends" looming over our heads, I feel that many Prime members are avoiding them altogether, which means AH prices for Dreamweaver items are not healthy right now.

Is there a way we can get people excited about building dimensions in Prime? Can someone host a challenge contest (with plat as the prize, as that's the most sought after commodity) where only world drops are used? Or world drops and crafted items, but nothing from the store (since we can't afford it anyway)?

At the very least, let's start "showing our dims" to each other.
    Totally applaud your efforts!

I don't think dims from Prime will be "destroyed" though...I'd expect they would carry with your toon should you transfer to Live when Prime ends. (like transferring between shards on Live now) Of course any +1's you have would be reset but...that's really not a big deal.

I would LOVE to host a contest in Prime down the road. I've hosted a few over the years in Live and they're a lot of fun with great turn-outs! On Live I've provided Rex and store items as prizes (along with mount codes with Trion's help) ..........on Prime, I'm about as broke as everyone else though, lol. Providing prizes will be a challenge right now.

As the pool of dim items available (drops, crafted, even store) increases in the Prime world, I'd definitely look into starting one up. Not sure there's enough to work with quite yet...but I'm off to check out your creation, and hoping it'll prove me wrong!

editing to add: I checked your dim and I think you've done great!! Even a creative use for those darn Octagonal Dwarf tables that keep dropping and dropping, lol!
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-18-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Blythe - Faeblight

Default bumping for update? :)

Little bump to this thread, and wondering a few weeks later if there's any news on when we might see credit options for dim items in the store?

(I started working on a waterfall and...couldn't afford rocks, lol. Prompted me coming here to poke poke)

Editing to add: If credit options aren't coming soon...could the number of items and frequency of drops from gameplay be boosted? Or......an option to purchase some common items with planarite or void stones? (I know there are some very expensive void stone items, like, 2000+ each but..I'm talking 5 VS for a plank, 10 for a tree...stuff like that)
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-10-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    Blythe - Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I started this thread also because it ties more into Guilds - Banks & Dimensions - but also includes the store. May The Force Be With Us.

Default The Path Ahead.....did not include any dimension info....

I was disappointed that Dimensions and our unique problems as builders weren't mentioned in this letter.

As I was taking a break from the game when Dims were first introduced on Live, I have no frame of reference for what items were originally available and for how much. I don't know if our struggles are "par for the course" or a function of the Prime model not working as smoothly as it did on Live because of the slow economy.

Because storage is ALWAYS an issue for Dim builders, I have been desperately trying to save the 30 plat needed to buy my first guild vault (thank you, Kiwi, for your targeted thread) - which means I am a very, very long way off from buying any dimension items on the Rift store, as their prices are based on the Live economy, not the Prime reality.

I have purchased what I can on the AH regarding world drops and crafted items....but the variety is very narrowly defined.

I know there are more important tweaks regarding gameplay that need Dev focus; however, it would be lovely to hear from Tacitus or someone else that the state of dims will be addressed soon
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

I agree with you Blythe and I was just talking about the prices of dim times on prime to our fellow dimmers on live. It blows my mind that some keys are 300 plat? I mean 300???? Are we on live or prime here?
    Also a ton of the stuff in the store is super pricey like 12 plat for a rock I mean crack heads don't even pay that much!

I started DWing and the fact that dream orbs arent there really sucks..but I like making dim stuff on prime and my guildies are helping me out with artifacts but if they weren't forget about it lol

All the building blocks need to be dropped down in price on prime there is no reason to pay that much for one block especially a fricken triangle!!! I'm not doing it!

I thank the dimmers on live so much for the community help because we all help eachother get what we need and honestly its because things are expensive on live too. So maybe we need to start a dimming community on prime that way we can skip the ******** prices.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

My AC is almost maxed and I've invested some artisan marks on building mats.

Send me mail with fair prices and I'll accomodate.

I'm old but new and not sure where to set the price to encourage more dimensions. I have plans myself!
    Last edited by Viikto; 04-11-2018 at 12:05 AM.
    Truck/Malivak Warrior/Mage Vigil <Clockwork Transmog Turtles>

Many Many Alts All classes Faeblight +
    Located in Colorado, not Central WI. Don't know how to change it .

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    I was disappointed that Dimensions and our unique problems as builders weren't mentioned in this letter.
    Me too. I was still holding out hope that it just didn't make the cut in the letter overview due to other items being more important for overall gameplay/progression but HOPED it would just ..I dunno, happen! So...I logged in after the patch, still optimistic a month after first having it talked about...checked the store first thing and then...sank in my chair just staring and being deflated and bummed out for about 5 minutes. lol. sigh.

Wish it was as simple at flipping a lightswitch like..poof! Credit option enabled, carry on! lol

Emptied my wallet again tonight buying just a few items to keep me going...will limp along and try to keep the faith!

ps- editing to add a thank you to the Prime players who have worked hard to level Dreamweaving! I'm very behind and have been scouring for artifacts... and so grateful to find some dim items I want so badly at prices that aren't astronomical. Cheers to you...the waterfall in my dim-in-progress shall be dedicated to you, lol!
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-11-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Blythe - Faeblight

I'm going to second a price reduction on some of the Rift Store Dimension Items. In it's current state, a majority of the building items are pretty unobtainable on Rift Prime and will turn a lot of people away from dimension building.

I would suggest at least a 50% reduction with the current prime economy if not more for some building items.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

The issue I have with the prices is not only because dimensions started with Storm Legion but the fact that we had loyalty, eventually minions and other ways to earn keys and items which we don't have on Prime.

I do wish they would lower the costs of the basics (and everything for that matter) - since they are slowing down progression of Prime, I feel like we're going to take quite awhile to get to a point where the price of these dimension items are reasonable prices. It's incredibly frustrating to need a fortune to build something even with the building blocks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast