+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaymcleod

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Reduction of vendor prices for crafted items.....

Default Reduction of vendor prices for crafted items.....

I was just getting my Apoth leveled when Hot Sauce (and other recipes) were disabled in anticipation of a sell-back nerf. Because NOTHING I make as an Apoth actually sells in the AH, and reagents and especially gilded bottles and such are so expensive (I have no problem grinding for the other mats), I can no longer viably level my craft. I simply can not afford to do so.

Iíve read through Dev explanations and reasonings for these changes. It seems (as always) that a small portion of the player base finds a weakness they can exploit, eventually resulting in changes that affect the entire population. Why do normal players always take the hit?

I wouldnít mind if I could break even with crafting and gathering skills because Iím working on leveling them (the main focus in these early days), but working at a deficit is impacting my overall game play.

Itís just so frustrating.....
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

A couple of notes:

The leveling of skills is normally done at a cost deficit in most games. Or at least theoretical cost deficit - the idea being that you gather the needed non-vendor mats while playing.

And Apothecary can certainly be fully leveled without these fluff recipes, since these recipes were added more than a couple of years after Rift launched.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

One note to that, Tacitus..

with over 20 different flowers in the skill 1-300 bracket, some flowers are used more than others in recipes, some recipes require one exact flower for 20 skill points..

And for the higher level flowers... They were at launch on live available in irone pine peak, while the flowers that were common there have become more rare in spawn rate, because the other zones do not seem to have been adjusted on this.

Back on live, this wasn't a big issue, since most apothecary crafters were already past that skill level. But on live, the rarity of certain flowers becomes obvious

And no, this has nothing to do with player level. You can level foraging and mining with some effort to 300 at level 15.

Other than that... levelling a skill may cost.. it is after all intended as investment, so you can make a profit selling the items you craft.
    But as OP states.. a lot does not get sold on ah, not because of the prices, but because players are not interested in most apo crafted items.
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-14-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Other than that... levelling a skill may cost.. it is after all intended as investment, so you can make a profit selling the items you craft.
    But as OP states.. a lot does not get sold on ah, not because of the prices, but because players are not interested in most apo crafted items.
    Just wait until the bulk of the server is 50 and using pots for raids / expert dungeons. Brightsurge / Powersurge vials are a money maker. Health and Mana pots a little less, but still hold value at end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    Just wait until the bulk of the server is 50 and using pots for raids / expert dungeons. Brightsurge / Powersurge vials are a money maker. Health and Mana pots a little less, but still hold value at end game.
    Not to mention all those fashion victims that are willing to spend a good amount of plat on dyes.

maybe first wait how those raids turn out.. see if the fights are as we remember...

+ Reply to Thread