+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Malvolio
  • 1 Post By SirPent

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Workorders and Rewards

Default Workorders and Rewards

I am an Outfitter, Butcher, Fisher, Survivalist, Runecrafter and have been doing the daily work orders every day.

The work orders require that you find your own materials, purchase expensive vendor only reagents, craft the items, and then deliver them all over the place all for less money than you put in. One of my dailies just took my own materials, about 10g in reagents and a 3g porticulum trip and my reward was 6g and a grey that sells for silver. Now I am not saying we should be rolling in plat and maybe the rewards don't have to be monetary but for the love of Thontic how insulting is it to go fishing to get materials, buy dough and nettle, craft delicious treats, and then hand deliver them and the guys thanks is less than you spent making it and box literally filled with a single bottle of spoiled milk.

Now you say 'Mal but what about the crafter's marks' which are all fine and dandy but the only things I have found that sell for marks only are items to fill in the slots you somehow didn't get naturally. Through practice I learned how to make an entire ensemble of Heavy Leather Armor except 2 slots that I cant just quite figure out without spending crafting marks meanwhile I have yet to equip a single piece of the green crafted because they are categorically worse than drops.

The blue recipes you want to learn and make cost plat and marks which is the root of the issue for me, would it really break the game if they just cost marks? Even more marks than current is fine.

Ok rant done

TL;DR add some kind of reward structure to Work Orders please, doesn't have to be monetary

Champion

Fully agree, it USED to be (with Original Rift) that you would actually make at least a little gold to cover the costs between the cash from the order and the sellable items from the craft crate. It seems Trion is damned intent on making sure people can't make gold/plat outside of the AH (of which "the man" gets a cut"). P!ss poor implementation and NOT what vanilla used to offer.
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirPent View Post
    P!ss poor implementation and NOT what vanilla used to offer.
    The changes affected nothing that Vanilla offered, so this statement is untrue.

The recipes that were affected were added to the game in milestone 2.2, and were not present for the original game launch nor the start of Storm Legion. These recipes were added as fun fluff items, not as leveling recipes.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Telaran

About workorder and rewards, on live server in tempest bay, the workorder does not give any more Grandmaster Craftsman's Mark choice ...
    I have seen that since last hotfix.

Can you please look at it ?
    (I have already done a bug report in game but since there is no ackwnoledge or answer, I prefer to double the chance to have a fix)

Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by werebadger View Post
    About workorder and rewards, on live server in tempest bay, the workorder does not give any more Grandmaster Craftsman's Mark choice ...
    I have seen that since last hotfix.

Can you please look at it ?
    (I have already done a bug report in game but since there is no ackwnoledge or answer, I prefer to double the chance to have a fix)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5344225
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread